Mai Trin rez exploit. -Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Skigit.3715

Skigit.3715

Is there any ETA on fixing this lame exploit? I started doing fractals after the PVP season ended and at first I was doing them with guildies and grew to love this encounter, however I’ve started pugging it lately and this exploit seems to be the norm whenever this fractal boss is rolled.

I know dungeon/fractal exploits are usually left in forever but I feel this one really trivializes this encounter and that it would be an easy fix.

I’m getting annoyed by people yelling at me for rezzing others during this fight.

I’m sure the dev team is aware of it as it is pretty popular, however I won’t say how it’s done here incase I can some day get a team that doesn’t just exploit it. If details are needed by a dev I will PM them upon request.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well can you solo the boss? else you’ll probably end up soloing the boss in fotm50 often if it’s fixed.

that being said, it’s really easy to solo in cleric or nomad gear. You dont’ even need to be good.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

well can you solo the boss? else you’ll probably end up soloing the boss in fotm50 often if it’s fixed.

personally i dont like that pug runs expect glitch abuse. same goes for with mossman. its not that i can or cant solo it, its that people need to stop using glitch abuse as a crutch for their inability to stay alive during cannons.

you can literally group up and push auto run with swiftness on and never get hit by cannons even though every single shot is coming directly at you. there is more than enough time for each person to sidestep every red circle if you dont wanna group up (as is the norm).

if your group is abusing it during a dps phase (and not just recovering from a cannon phase), your group is seriously bad and someone needs to teach your players a little more about what (not) to do.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

To add some constructive criticism pugs are people that learn from videos and random post online. They at least took the effort to learn a little to not get kicked. sadly they dont have the opportunity to learn the proper way to run fractals.

But this is actually anets fault for not having a tutorials of how to effectively beat Mai. If it bothers you guys that much make your own groups with a specific set of rules. Stay away from randoms and dont expect much. Or be the better player and try to teach. If not then dont do fractals its not like the rewards are better than the 100s of other things you can do in the game

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

personally i dont like that pug runs expect glitch abuse. same goes for with mossman. its not that i can or cant solo it, its that people need to stop using glitch abuse as a crutch for their inability to stay alive during cannons.

I quit fractal 1 month after it is out. Doing pug everyday is just horrific.

Fast track 2 years, every pug become better, me personally I get better the more I do it, and pug stop bothering me.

I can tell you, I never die at Mai Trin. But what you want me to do when my teamates die. Why do you even care if your teammate die and is self rez himself.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I agree it should be fixed, however I can’t help but point out the side issue with this. Mai trin simply is much tougher than the other 2 end fractals. I think the imbalance in difficulty with the random system can be quite frustrating. Get lucky and you blast the hell out of the duo, or sleep your way through Jade maw, but get mai trin and if your group isn’t good you bang your head on it over and over.

That said, I LOVE Mai Trin and don’t want a nerf, I just think that random nature of fractals causes this issue. I get the benefits of that random nature, seeing different things, and being forced to play different fractals, but when you have a mediocre group and end up at the final one after 45 mins then spend another 45 mins banging your head on Mai… well, is that fun?

So, I’m not supporting the bug, I’m just saying I think they need to take this other issue into consideration and address it as well. Otherwise people will just learn the other Mai Trin exploit…;)

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

I agree it should be fixed, however I can’t help but point out the side issue with this. Mai trin simply is much tougher than the other 2 end fractals. I think the imbalance in difficulty with the random system can be quite frustrating. Get lucky and you blast the hell out of the duo, or sleep your way through Jade maw, but get mai trin and if your group isn’t good you bang your head on it over and over.

That said, I LOVE Mai Trin and don’t want a nerf, I just think that random nature of fractals causes this issue. I get the benefits of that random nature, seeing different things, and being forced to play different fractals, but when you have a mediocre group and end up at the final one after 45 mins then spend another 45 mins banging your head on Mai… well, is that fun?

So, I’m not supporting the bug, I’m just saying I think they need to take this other issue into consideration and address it as well. Otherwise people will just learn the other Mai Trin exploit…;)

Lol there are four ways currently but I am sure two are allowed because when I played with an anet dev on a fractal 50 he didnt ban us. So using stealth on canon phase is ok. Although the other two are 100% no.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Mountain goating is fun.

insanemaniac.2456

Why do you even care if your teammate die and is self rez himself.

cuz its a glitch

i dont like it, but sometimes i use it because its expected and pugs will kitten at you if you expect a rez when they expect you to relog. im not saying i dont use it, i just dont encourage others to use it and i hope it gets fixed cuz then theyll have to learn to not die instead of learning to jump around a bit after they die and relog.

with the kicking system as it is, kittening pugs off at the last boss of a 50 fractal is prolly the worst mistake you can make. :/

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Goating should be fixed. And uw Mossman, pls.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Is it really any worse then coming back in with another toon? Or is that equally offensive? Honest question.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Is it really any worse then coming back in with another toon? Or is that equally offensive? Honest question.

That works at the Molten Duo too. And… where else not? Wouldn’t be surprised to see that fixed too.

insanemaniac.2456

if they come back in on another toon, they still have to abuse the glitch to get in to the mai fight, so yes. /shrug

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Posted by: PigGee.7426

PigGee.7426

fix the bug by running backwards into the door at the entrance after u kill/ress her, eventually she follows u back there and wont res anyone who reloads in during the fight!(not sure if this was mentioned but it would force them to swap toons!)

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

you can literally group up and push auto run with swiftness on and never get hit by cannons

.. And then lag out.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Heh, people asking ArenaNet to fix instanced PvE content.

Best of luck to ya.

Don’t forget that it took them over 2 years to fix the bosses in p4 so you couldn’t shut them down by just slapping them while they were yapping. I don’t see this getting fixed anytime soon.

insanemaniac.2456

you can literally group up and push auto run with swiftness on and never get hit by cannons

.. And then lag out.

what? o.O

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If details are needed by a dev I will PM them upon request.

Oh, my sweet summerchild…
What do you know about the trashcan?

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

I guess its an exploit but…..

I’ve been hit so many times by the canons mid air when im not even in the aoe, or they land somewhere outside where the aoe shows they will land. Its not really that the canon phase is hard, it’s just so annoying and often times it depends on what the rest of your group does. i.e. When im with frands it goes fine because we all know to move as little as possible and spread out, or to stealth in the corner and have one person kite. When im with pugs they don’t understand how to blast, or all of them run into stealth and mai rests, and they don’t understand how to not run like a chicken.

I mean outside of the dying in the canon phase, when else do people relog? My group always makes an active effort to rez anyone who goes down when mai is actually fighting us, its only the canon phase where we can’t.

(edited by champ.7021)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I guess its an exploit but…..

I’ve been hit so many times by the canons mid air when im not even in the aoe, or they land somewhere outside where the aoe shows they will land. Its not really that the canon phase is hard, it’s just so annoying and often times it depends on what the rest of your group does. i.e. When im with frands it goes fine because we all know to move as little as possible and spread out, or to stealth in the corner and have one person kite. When im with pugs they don’t understand how to blast, or all of them run into stealth and mai rests, and they don’t understand how to not run like a chicken.

I mean outside of the dying in the canon phase, when else do people relog? My group always makes an active effort to rez anyone who goes down when mai is actually fighting us, its only the canon phase where we can’t.

Exactly.

The cannon phase has many issues, including headshots (good luck predicting what cannon corresponds to each circle to avoid this), inaccurate circles, inconsistent time from circle appearance to damage, and bugs where the camera goes into the ceiling so you temporarily lose vision, etc.

It is just a poorly designed buggy timegate. It should not exist.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I am 99% sure getting hit by cannons mid air is caused by people jumping which causes the AoE rings to be displayed incorrectly. If no one jumps, I never had an issue where I got hit standing outside of the circle.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

I am 99% sure getting hit by cannons mid air is caused by people jumping which causes the AoE rings to be displayed incorrectly. If no one jumps, I never had an issue where I got hit standing outside of the circle.

Miku is banned from the forums but he asked me to reply with this
http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/6245205

deSade.9437

Yeah, it does happen on occasion. Not always, but only needs to happen ONCE in a run to potentially kitten it up.

When it happens to the party, we take it as real men and wipe without making a peep.
Ok, they take it as men, I whine like a little b***h.

EcoRI.9273

maybe the warrior in the party jumped? Its hard to tell in that video but its a possibility.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

maybe the warrior in the party jumped? Its hard to tell in that video but its a possibility.

O.o? you mean that other people jumping is getting me killed? I used to think it was my own fault for jumping away from circles, but i’ve been hit 3+ times this week when i was standing still in a safe spot.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I don’t think so, I’ve noticed there are spots where circles tend to render slower then the impact occurs, because of terrain or angle or whatever. Like lupi’s big aoe in phase 2. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_VTgdzoh0) This seems to be less of a problem with the orange circles – I find bloomy’s aoe a lot more reliable now – so upgrading the aoe indicator could help a lot.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t think so, I’ve noticed there are spots where circles tend to render slower then the impact occurs, because of terrain or angle or whatever. Like lupi’s big aoe in phase 2. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_VTgdzoh0) This seems to be less of a problem with the orange circles – I find bloomy’s aoe a lot more reliable now – so upgrading the aoe indicator could help a lot.

this ^^ got hit by invisible crap quite few times before circles even spawned

molten duo suffers from same issue sometimes

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

This should definitely be fixed, Kiel should not be ressing players if they simply choose to re-log. And even if she does, they should not be allowed to re-enter the fight till a complete reset occurs.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I notice that lightning blasts hit faster than the fire ones, even though they seem to be firing at the same time. You have less to to avoid the Lightning ones, but lol good luck figuring out which circle is which.

Can’t say I’ve been hit despite being in a safe spot. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Careful what you wish. People complained about the Lupi wallsploit and now we have melee range necrid bolts. Causation or just correlation? Who knows, Anet doesn’t communicate — so why risk it?

Do as everyone advises for people who complain about skipping: make your own LFG. One that makes clear how you wish the party to play the game.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

There is a way to “disable” her rez ability. You must not let her die. To do that you need to rush to the first champ as soon as possible. You will get aggro and mobs will just ignore Elen. Would not recommend doing it though unless you can solo mai since pugs will end up dead at the start of the fractal.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Is there any ETA on fixing this lame exploit? I started doing fractals after the PVP season ended and at first I was doing them with guildies and grew to love this encounter, however I’ve started pugging it lately and this exploit seems to be the norm whenever this fractal boss is rolled.

I know dungeon/fractal exploits are usually left in forever but I feel this one really trivializes this encounter and that it would be an easy fix.

I’m getting annoyed by people yelling at me for rezzing others during this fight.

I’m sure the dev team is aware of it as it is pretty popular, however I won’t say how it’s done here incase I can some day get a team that doesn’t just exploit it. If details are needed by a dev I will PM them upon request.

Let’s dig a bit deeper on cause and effect of said proposed fix.

First off, many groups do Mai legitimately , at least at fractal 40 and 50 going from my experience.

Second, let’s have the other fractal bosses fixed as well then. Fixed? Yes, fixed! Having a 1 in 3 chance of drawing the “anoying boss” after 40-70 minutes of running fractals is certainly not enterntaining. Either up the difficulty on the others, or bring Mai in line.

Third, if Mai gets “fixed” so that ressurecting does not work (let’s assume this need fixing). This would just put even more pressure on perfect group setups just to make sure you can finish the dungeon. Why not perma ban necros and rangers right away since they will never get taken along unless they make their own groups (and those will fill up slower).

Fourth and final point. Fractal rewards are in absolutely no relation to length and difficulty of fractals at the moment. There is no reason to thin out the fractal running population by buffing the most anoying fractal boss.

If you want to fix something, fix the exploit wich allows people to completely skip Mai and finish a different fractal for the daily reward. Now that is a fix I can get behind.

Jerus.4350

Apparently you can actually block Mai shots with minions… had a guy carry me with his necro one time (same guy who usually carries me with whatever he’s playing).

I’m all for making Duo/Maw more interesting to balance things out, I’d love a less snoreworthy Maw. But I do agree it’s lame to have such a split in difficulty.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Apparently you can actually block Mai shots with minions… had a guy carry me with his necro one time (same guy who usually carries me with whatever he’s playing).

I’m all for making Duo/Maw more interesting to balance things out, I’d love a less snoreworthy Maw. But I do agree it’s lame to have such a split in difficulty.

I feel like duo is pretty fun as it is. Not too difficult but not boring either. Maw on the other hand is absolute kitten.

IMO they should get rid of the canon phase in Mai trin fractal, and just have an invuln phase where she gets back her stacks. Or even better every 25% she goes invuln and horrick takes over and you have to take him to 25% before Mai comes back. Idk something interesting as long as its not as buggy or annoying as canons.

Then they should fix the aoes in molten duo so people don’t lose half of there health in between phases because of invisible fields (seriously Anet can’t program aoes at all -_-) and maybe buff firestorm so that fight is a little harder.

And then maw needs a total rework, so much should be changed in that fractal. I have a friend who is in a different time zone to the rest of my group so if we ever get maw on our late night fractals he just gets ready to sleep, afk obv, while we finish maw. Fun content right?

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I don’t rly mind maw on lvl 50 tbh. Still not a challenge, but at least the mobs keep me from falling asleep.

deSade.9437

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Really?

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Yup. I find being one of the ppl that stealths at mai trin more boring. xD

Jerus.4350

Being able to blow up the Berseker like we can makes that fight a bit dull, though with groups that can’t pull it off, yeah it’s a pretty fun fight. For the whole breakbar thing they could give him a berserker’s stance effect and have him come out of the gate with it to combat that whole “lets burn him before he does anything” situation… but I’m sure I’ll catch grief for even mentioning that kind of thing

As for Maw the adds do help a lot, but still not enough to find it interesting. LoS them, keep blinds rolling, kill, and back to sleep

deSade.9437

Yup. I find being one of the ppl that stealths at mai trin more boring. xD

Then don’t stealth <.<

There are 200 ways to kitten and challenge yourself at any boss… but not at maw. We even did a 50 maw with 2 necros and slept through it. kittentiest fight in the game. Absolutely disgusting.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

There are 200 ways to kitten and challenge yourself at any boss…

What if pugs don’t run the meta tactics because they’re increasing the difficulty on purpose? This whole time they’ve been playing the hardmode we’ve been looking for. Our filthy elitist berserker/blind/reflection exploits have been hindering us from fully participating in the challenging content Anet has already put in the game. Nomad was the sign, our moment of awakening and we missed it.

HOW COULD WE HAVE BEEN SO BLIND???

I guess our exploitation of mechanics has been, more punishing, to us than to others…

EcoRI.9273

I love pug hardmore on boss fights. I don’t like pug hardmode on trashmobs.

deSade.9437

What if pugs don’t run the meta tactics because they’re increasing the difficulty on purpose? This whole time they’ve been playing the hardmode we’ve been looking for. Our filthy elitist berserker/blind/reflection exploits have been hindering us from fully participating in the challenging content Anet has already put in the game. Nomad was the sign, our moment of awakening and we missed it.

I guess our exploitation of mechanics has been, more punishing, to us than to others…

Personally, I find pugging to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done in this game. It’s harder than soloing, much harder, because they kitten everything up, get you killed by pulling things to you, u.s.w.
And of course, like the spoiled brat I am, I avoid it like the plague.
3hardcore5me

Shall we thank them for challenging us? Yeah….
THANKS, PUGS! A toast to you.

insanemaniac.2456

Personally, I find pugging to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done in this game. It’s harder than soloing, much harder, because they kitten everything up, get you killed by pulling things to you, u.s.w.
And of course, like the spoiled brat I am, I avoid it like the plague.
3hardcore5me

Shall we thank them for challenging us? Yeah….
THANKS, PUGS! A toast to you.

the only thing im afraid to pug is arah :X

deSade.9437

CM? Fractals? Pugs scare the hell out of me, and not only because of their performance. That’s the least of [my] their problems.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i cant even pug arah anymore because it would mean having to

1. get a group that doesn’t cheese lupcisu
2. me actually learning how to beat new lupicus since i haven’t even entered the dungeon in like forever

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

insanemaniac.2456

CM? Fractals? Pugs scare the hell out of me, and not only because of their performance. That’s the least of [my] their problems.

actually fractals dont scare me cuz i know them so well that i can carry the lower ones and i pick my 40s/50s a little carefully (ie ill join a pug that has a guard already in it and for the most part the runs are smooth)

similar for cm, the thieves know what theyre doing for the most part so if you look for a group with a thief already in it its np usually

deSade.9437

Hmmm. Fractals always make me feel a little intimidated, despite having run hundreds and hundreds of them and at a much higher level than my personal reward. To get to 10 they made me do 20s-30s, 40s for 30 and so on; despite this too, I don’t know, they’re stressful. I’m glad I don’t have to pug while underperforming.
It may very well be because I got pushed really hard at the beginning. Feeling that someone’s carrying you can be pretty destructive.
Anyway, this is a non-issue. I’d rather not play than full pug, because I can’t stand miscommunication or non-communication. It wrecks my nerves.

Whoever has to pug, well… [something intelligent]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Whoever has to pug, well… [something intelligent]

Interesting point.

Re: stressfulness of FotM, I get that. The RNG of not know whether you’ll enjoy or despise the next hour (or three) of your life is enough to keep me away from them. Remember prepatch dredge?

Yeah. kitten that. I’m sure most of us can still remember that feeling of pugdread.

insanemaniac.2456

It may very well be because I got pushed really hard at the beginning. Feeling that someone’s carrying you can be pretty destructive.

maybe thats why i have great hate for arah, had a few friends do that for me too.

for what its worth, theres good reasoning behind pushing you into higher categories of fractal than your personal reward level: better drops, playing at a higher difficulty will make lower levels seem like a walk in the park in the eventuality that you teach someone too, when pugging you “should always” be doing levels that other players are used to, ar requirements are the same within a tier. in other words, for a bit of reassurance, if your personal level is say 24 and you have 25 ar, the “proper” level for you is 29. because maybe you have another party member who is 26 and wouldnt get a level out of 24 but is still definitely on your level and both of you get something out of 29 and its not really any harder than either 24 or 26. so pick a level based on your AR and not your personal reward. tbh that matters more over 30 when the instabilities can suck… only pug 38, 40, 49, or 50. i can pretty much guarantee other level pug runs will be hell, because those lfgs definitely wont know what theyre doing and need more instruction (but theres a low chance of it being a “funsies” run by pros too).

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)