Mai Trin rez exploit. -Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The problem with the cannon phase for Mai Trin is that it boring and tedious. After a short while you start to adminer the color of the wall, or that stack of tax decleration which suddenly looks more interesting… and whoops, you died.

It sound quite easy to make the cannon phase fun. They could use the cannon fire as a method to damage mai trin by freindly fire. Or why not use those ships in the background and allow a player to run over there and destory them like the treb in pvp, thus creating a 4 vs 1 situation. It doesn’t need to be so boring that boredom is the biggest threat of the fight.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The problem with the cannon phase for Mai Trin is that it boring and tedious. After a short while you start to adminer the color of the wall, or that stack of tax decleration which suddenly looks more interesting… and whoops, you died.

It sound quite easy to make the cannon phase fun. They could use the cannon fire as a method to damage mai trin by freindly fire. Or why not use those ships in the background and allow a player to run over there and destory them like the treb in pvp, thus creating a 4 vs 1 situation. It doesn’t need to be so boring that boredom is the biggest threat of the fight.

The only way I have found the cannon phase to be fun is to use a ruminant tonic and try to survive it as a dolyak. It can be glorious, but at the same time it can be a horrible ending.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Cannon phase should just be removed completely and make her shield stacks regen based on the fractal lvl so you’d have to keep pulling her into the lightning fields to be able to dps her.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah would much prefer the cannon phase to just disappear.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I still think she should have different phases or maybe give her increased attack speed + damage on each one. Having her do the exact same stuff for the whole fight with nothing else would be a little too bland for my taste. But, that would definitely kill off the stealth tactic I think.

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

Issue is, okay remove the canon phase.. but then what?
Boss fight is the same the whole way through.
The canons are kinda kitten and should be removed, but there needs some diversity in the fight.
Having a stage where we can’t attack the boss imo is pointless and should be removed, but something should replace it.

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

If the canon phase was removed an idea I had was having all of Horicks brothers come down and fight the team. similar to the golems of the raving asura. To ad some challenge they would have stability for 5 stacks? So guards and mesmers cant pull till its been stripped. I like this idea because everyone here that has died during canon phase wants to punch the brothers in the face hard.

Or try to kill them in a lighting field created by Horick? That may be a hassle though….hmmm

(edited by Jay.1085)

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

To be honest the cannons/ removing mai stacks is just pure time gating.

It’s horrid and has no place when compared to Maw or Molten duo – the unblock able attacks which you have to dodge take a long time for new people to understand. The tell at maw is a symbol above your head. Mai you have to be watching her all the time for the tell.

Given some horrendous pug groups the res thing (which could also be done with a red orb if not) and when mai double shotted a few mo back (level 10 was as hard as lvl50) – it’s prob a crutch to at least ensure the group makes it through to the final reward.

It’s already the longest end boss in fractals esp for pug groups.

The end made sense when the molten dungeon existed (and should be a separate dungeon still) and has in reflection made some horrid conversions into a fractal shard. I’m thinking of the end Mai/Horrick and the excavator / weapon test.

Honestly if anet are going to do some thing with fotm they need to look at the comparative difficulty so these kind of things I keep “res” are not needed.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

well can you solo the boss? else you’ll probably end up soloing the boss in fotm50 often if it’s fixed.

personally i dont like that pug runs expect glitch abuse. same goes for with mossman. its not that i can or cant solo it, its that people need to stop using glitch abuse as a crutch for their inability to stay alive during cannons.

you can literally group up and push auto run with swiftness on and never get hit by cannons even though every single shot is coming directly at you. there is more than enough time for each person to sidestep every red circle if you dont wanna group up (as is the norm).

if your group is abusing it during a dps phase (and not just recovering from a cannon phase), your group is seriously bad and someone needs to teach your players a little more about what (not) to do.

I do agree with you exploits aren’t great – but it’s not that people are using it as a crutch for not being able to play.
People -myself included- no longer care about the encounters at all. I don’t FOTM 50 for any other reason than that chest at the end of the bonus round.
People glitch because they want to tab out while fighting mossman. They use the Mai Trin res method because they simply don’t care about the content anymore.

It’s not even about the challenge or fun. All of this is gone – it’s all about trying to grind the endless grind for your skins or tonic.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

well can you solo the boss? else you’ll probably end up soloing the boss in fotm50 often if it’s fixed.

personally i dont like that pug runs expect glitch abuse. same goes for with mossman. its not that i can or cant solo it, its that people need to stop using glitch abuse as a crutch for their inability to stay alive during cannons.

you can literally group up and push auto run with swiftness on and never get hit by cannons even though every single shot is coming directly at you. there is more than enough time for each person to sidestep every red circle if you dont wanna group up (as is the norm).

if your group is abusing it during a dps phase (and not just recovering from a cannon phase), your group is seriously bad and someone needs to teach your players a little more about what (not) to do.

I do agree with you exploits aren’t great – but it’s not that people are using it as a crutch for not being able to play.
People -myself included- no longer care about the encounters at all. I don’t FOTM 50 for any other reason than that chest at the end of the bonus round.
People glitch because they want to tab out while fighting mossman. They use the Mai Trin res method because they simply don’t care about the content anymore.

It’s not even about the challenge or fun. All of this is gone – it’s all about trying to grind the endless grind for your skins or tonic.

Its still a crutch but i dont think its a bad one, and isn’t even comparable to the mossman one. IMO it is a balanced exploit since mai trin is the hardest of the last 3 fractals, and most pug groups will face her after a 40+ min run of other difficult fractals. The only other boss in this game that makes pugs tremble as much is lupicus and he is halfway through a max 40 min dungeon and he is basically the only “hard” boss in arah.

I dont think i would mind this being fixed, since it would prob force pugs to listen to me when i try to stealth them during canons. But if it were to be fixed they should also fix/remove canons and also make sure that when you stealth to rez someone mai’s unblockable projectiles dont aim at you. I don’t understand why out of all the bosses in game she is one of the only ones who can kill you while you are rezzing in stealth far away from her.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I can relate to this. Though I still enjoy fractals (and I’m not to * about group comp as long as a guardian is present, which I provide if need be) it’s more or less lost its luster.

I pug about 90% of my runs (40 and 50) and the variance on player skill is wide. Lower level fractals the skill level drops dramatically. I fear fractal level 10-30 runs more than 40 or 50 (I often pug the low ones too).

Let’s hope for a fractal revamp with HoT though my expectations are slim. Don’t think this is on the agenda atm.