Mai trin help

Mai trin help

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Mai trin seems overpowered, i can beat chaos observatory nightmare, yet mai trin gives me trouble when you get the cannon part.it seems completely random and i can’t seem to survive.

It might need another nerf to be in line with the others.

Mai trin help

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Mai trin seems overpowered, i can beat chaos observatory nightmare, yet mai trin gives me trouble when you get the cannon part.it seems completely random and i can’t seem to survive.

The cannons target each player. Just spread out from everyone else and dont run around all crazy. Just step out of the AoEs and only use your dodge when you really need it to get to a safe spot, and it becomes a really easy phase.

Also don’t facetank mai trin’s attack unless you have a condi cleanse, since she stacks crazy bleeding stacks on you. Stay close to her, but try to be behind her when you can.

Mai trin help

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Spread out, move

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Mai trin help

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

but i’m literally jumping from spot to spot still being hit, even when i try to dodge.I’m not even running around, i’m trying to move from spot to spot slow.The circles sometimes overlap leading to no safe spot, and the circles are often very close together.

Mai trin help

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

but i’m literally jumping from spot to spot still being hit, even when i try to dodge.I’m not even running around, i’m trying to move from spot to spot slow.The circles sometimes overlap leading to no safe spot, and the circles are often very close together.

Put your speed signet or use a speed trait if you are having trouble moving fast enough.

Keep as far away from other players as possible. Stand still until forced to move. Watch for the small spaces in between bombs and just stand still in them. Even if you have only a teeny little space only big enough for your character. Yes sometimes one area gets spammed, and that’s when you use your skills with protection, invulns, evades, shroud, whatever your class has if running and dodging isn’t enough to get you through it. If you’re having trouble with that part bring something extra to help you through it until you’ve got enough practice. Honestly, though usually even at high levels, dodging and healing through the spammy bits is enough once you get used to the fight.

Mai trin help

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Without knowing what class and/or build I know I’d be hard pressed to offer help. I know as warrior tho you have sword leap.

In general use case you have two dodges and movement boost (latter not needed). Rather than offering same hackneyed advice as keep moving, I’d go against it somewhat and say stop doing that so much. Not sure if tru, I did heard that too much motion can focus u into a target. Stick and move, in other sense.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Mai trin help

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Boring fight, Mai Trin needs a revamp just like Jade Maw, the scripted stuff is really bad, not fun, forced and repetitive.

Mai trin help

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Boring fight, Mai Trin needs a revamp just like Jade Maw, the scripted stuff is really bad, not fun, forced and repetitive.

I actually quite like it. I definitely wouldn’t want it to be changed in the way of the newest fractals.

@OP: it may seeem overwhelming at the beginning. Avoiding aoes may take some time, but eventually you will get used to it. You have to remember few things though:

1. cannons target each player individually. one player running around can increase the difficulty for everyone else, as “his” aoes will end up overlapping with those for others.

2. additionally, if someone dies, it seems that “their” aoes will get redirected to those still alive. It seems to be relatively recent, because it definitely wasn’t like that before, but recently i have noticed that if 2 or more people die during (or just before that phase), the bombardment for the others gets much more intense.
This may be a bug though.

3. contrary to what you might think reading the point above, do not ever ress anyone during that phase. That is one of the quickest ways to die.

so, basically, during that phase everyone should pick the spot (4 people in corners, one in the middle), try to remain as stationary as possible, try to avoid circles by just moving around, saving dodges, heals and invulns for when they will be really needed. As long as no more than one person dies during bombardment phase, you’re golden.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mai trin help

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I love the Mai Trin fight. My mace/shield Pvt warrior (sacrilege i am sure..) had great fun duoing it with another zerker warrior (who I had to rez every couple of mins). That was a huge amount of fun for someone with my low skill set. Simple, relevant mechanics that can really punish. That’s the sort of fractal I like.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Mai trin help

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

For cannon phase, grab any kind of invuln, and only trip it if you’re in a tight corner. Don’t grab the singularity right away, try to leave it for the 3rd cannon phase, when there are 3 extra adds up immediately after, making resing the dead HARD.

For regular phase….

One high-toughness person helps. Horrik seems to LOVE the highest toughness for his lightning aggro. Sometimes it’s not 100%, but if you have someone that can not go down, with high toughness and good timing, they can remove the shield flawlessly.

In my group, it’s a thief with invig precision, who happens to own legendary armor and can swap in a few knights pieces to take lightning aggro.

Note. Lightning aggro does NOT mean Horrik shoots EVERYTHING at you. Just lightning.

In the past it used to be me. Everyone was squishy and i was one of the only people who owned the infinite potions, and ran the signet of stone to survive bad cannon phases (both raised toughness). The only time i used to have problems holing horrik’s lightning was when there were death magic necros hopping into death shroud.

(edited by Sicarine.3985)

Mai trin help

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The cannons target each player. Just spread out from everyone else and dont run around all crazy. Just step out of the AoEs and only use your dodge when you really need it to get to a safe spot, and it becomes a really easy phase.

Also don’t facetank mai trin’s attack unless you have a condi cleanse, since she stacks crazy bleeding stacks on you. Stay close to her, but try to be behind her when you can.

Are mai trin’s attacks unblockable? Yesterday I was running it on my chrono for the first time in a long time, and tried to block her attacks with Shield4, yet it kept stacking bleed stacks and dealing damage to me, and no block messages appeared.

Mai trin help

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Everybody needs to stay cool at the bomb phases. In pugs, that almost never happens. You see people running around like chased by a spider, and then even those who just step out of the red area have a hard time surviving. As Benjamin said, if everybody keeps his nerves, it’s easy.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Mai trin help

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Are mai trin’s attacks unblockable? Yesterday I was running it on my chrono for the first time in a long time, and tried to block her attacks with Shield4, yet it kept stacking bleed stacks and dealing damage to me, and no block messages appeared.

You can block her autoattacks (those cause the bleeds) and you can block her teleport shot. What you cannot block are those lightnings that she shoots when she spins. Also you cannot block the cannons in the cannon phase.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Mai trin help

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yea I knew about the cannon phase, but she was still stacking ridiculous amounts of bleed through shield 4. Admittedly I wasn’t paying attention to whether she was auto attacking or doing the spinning attack, but the bleeds were still being stacked.

Mai trin help

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Don’t move too much . You hv two dodges . Save your dodges. Stand and don’t move around don’t run around. Just stand and wait for it. You hv 2 to 3 second to react before actual hit. So just slightly move to the side of the red circle or dodge to clear zone. Usually fire cannon is tht You might need dodge away. But the rest You really only need to slightly step to the side. You have more than you need to dodge actually . Sometimes you can dodge to your friend and say hello .. hug hug then dodge away and say bye bye at next cannon. If you get panic then bye bye lol :p few more practice you be good :p

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Mai trin help

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Mai Trin doesn’t need a nerf, you just need to git gud :P

[DIE] Death is Energy

Mai trin help

Posted by: Stalkingwolf.6035

Stalkingwolf.6035

don’t run in front or behind of anybody else.