Make Dungeons Great Again!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SicilianDragon.3071

SicilianDragon.3071

I get that Anet wants to promote raids, but shouldnt we have a choice on what we want to do?

Gold in dungeons is so unprofitable its just not worth doing for the most part compared to other aspects, and its been a real shame seeing the community leave in droves an important part of an MMO experience.

Please pump some love into dungeons!

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Dungeons are actually more profitable now than before the nerf. Due to the powercreep and how fast you run them, and due to the amount of tokens you get, 300 instead of 180.

Optimise [OP]

Posted by: SicilianDragon.3071

SicilianDragon.3071

Its still 60 tokens per path, xp has been heavily nerfed for spirit shards, and gold is laughable. Cant say that’s more profitable. Exception being Aetherpath perhaps

(edited by SicilianDragon.3071)

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Fractals, which could easily be called “dungeons without ‘personal story’ tied to them”, are probably where you should look…

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Its still 60 tokens per path, xp has been heavily nerfed for spirit shards, and gold is laughable. Cant say that’s more profitable. Exception being Aetherpath perhaps

No, it is 100 tokens per path the first time each day. Those extra 40 tokens are worth 20 -30 silver if converted through the simplest buy & salvage into ecto/inscriptions method https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/dungeon-tokens
8 runs would previously get you 480 tokens, now you get 950 (800 +150 from the box) + 5 gold directly.

Dungeons are still rewarding, only difference is that you can’t spam the same path over and over and over.

(edited by thehipone.6812)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

dont forget the bonus if you run 8 dif paths. (story and exploreable count if I dont remember wrong)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Dungeons are dead content. Be glad they decided to have the repeatable achievement that gives bonus gold for salty speedruns.
Fractals are GW2’s current path for 5-man content. And the rewards can be much better if you want to have Ascended gear without the hideous material grind.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

+1
The way top make this is:
1. Make dungeons harder, boost all bosses and adds’ toughness, vitality and damage.
2. Boost the rewards (more tokens or more gold).

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

While I’d like it if they were, I don’t think it’s going to happen. GG spaghetti code

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

We have to accept that dungeons are dead as far as Anet is concerned. They had the dungeon team dissolved a long time ago and are focusing on Fractals as the 5 man content.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Really at this point the only change that I think would make dungeons better would be to redo the random mobs in them. Remove 25-50% of the trash mobs depending on which path, make the rest of them unskippable. At that point, dungeons would be slightly longer fractals, with more storyline to them, and they would also have more different mechanics for the bosses. Personally I think the rewards are fine for dungeons.