#MakeDefianceBarsGreatAgain

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

The one thing iv heard from most ppl was that theold system even tho was wierd it promoted smart use of ccs and coordination. Outside of raids thats not the case. The fact that bosses in fractals or dungeons have the breakbar up 100% of the time means alot of encounters are simply spam cc burst with the extra dmg buff repeat with bo much thought in it. I have 2 suggestions, the first one is already in the game in raids and to lasser extend in fractals.

1) That is to have the breakbar spawn only when the boss or mob is about to do a special attack ( and aoe knockback or whatever attack) that can be dangerous to the group. Just before the attack goes off the break bar shows up (like the gladiator in chaos isles) which if you break the bar you interupt and get the extra dmg. Seems good rewards coordinated cc managing and also paying attention to the boss.

2) The other one is to have the break bar as it is in most bosses in fractals and dungeons be there at all times but only if you break it when the boss does something scary (endboss on urban battleground meteor shower or subject 6’s big poison aoes) you get the extra dmg buff while regular break wil not reward you with the extra dmg. On top of that breakimg the breakbar will put it on the recharge like it does pretty much now and you have the danger of the boss doing the attack while the bar is recharging therefor you threw away your opportunity to cc at the right time.

To indicate when the boss is about to do a big attack the bar could glow yellow (or turn to yellow) around to allert players to start the coordinated ccs.

Also attacks that are not short (like the end boss on the colosus fractal where he puts aoe fields or the general in urban woth meteor shower) these attacks should have the breakbar up for the first 2 seconds. If the bar isnt broke by that time the bar dissapears and the boss gets to finish the cast. This also rewards timed and fast cc.

I believe that what i suggest isnt unreasonable since its pretty straight forward and with the propel scalimg from tier to tier is can also have a smooth curve.

Tier 1 the bar is like it is now. Tier 2 the glow for when abig attack is about to come is added but with a bigger window. Tier 3 the extra dmg is only available if the bar was broken while it was glowing. Tier 4 the glow window is reduced to whatever is proper for each boss and the extra dmg buff is bigger to balance out the increase to hp with the fact that you dont get it always.

The second option also work well around bosses that have fast animations on their deadly attacks (like the ensolyss mama and others ^^). Because then the group can slowly cc the boss during the fight and then burst cc the rest when the break bar starts glowing. This also happens on gorse with most groups that do no updraft where slow to none cc is required.

This suggestions were ade because i think the idea behind the breakbar is fantastic but its only a shadow of how great it can be.

(iv put quite the thought to make sure is as much balanced so go ez on me with your feedback. Also im not demanding or anything lul but if a dev from the fractal team could give this a look and tell me if its a cool idea or not and why wouldnt it work i would really really apriciate it.)

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

2016 called and wants it’s meme back.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

zealex.9410

2016 called and wants it’s meme back.

get in line 2015 still w8s for its meme

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Wasn’t too long ago the complaint was that people didn’t know how to manage breakbars (arguably still the majority case)… before that, people didn’t know how to strip defiance…

There’ll always be something….

zealex.9410

Wasn’t too long ago the complaint was that people didn’t know how to manage breakbars (arguably still the majority case)… before that, people didn’t know how to strip defiance…

There’ll always be something….

True but that was a while ago. I believe the world is ready to dedicate some braincells when playing at the highest tiers of fractals and it would also give some of its old flavour back to dungeons.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I miss the old defiance system, used to try to time magnet and pull megadestroyer onto brain afk people pressing 1 and wipe half the map. You just can’t do fun stuff like that anymore to world bosses…

zealex.9410

I miss the old defiance system, used to try to time magnet and pull megadestroyer onto brain afk people pressing 1 and wipe half the map. You just can’t do fun stuff like that anymore to world bosses…

Oh wow. Well i suppose its a matter of most ppl having fun rather than 1 guy having a blast i suppose xD

apharma.3741

Oh wow. Well i suppose its a matter of most ppl having fun rather than 1 guy having a blast i suppose xD

No, people need to learn to respect world bosses again >:(

zealex.9410

Ehh idk introducing arena wipe attacks in worldbosses for when ppl dont bother to pay attention to mechanics?

apharma.3741

Ehh idk introducing arena wipe attacks in worldbosses for when ppl dont bother to pay attention to mechanics?

Nah just give them defiance again, me and my spear of justice will do the rest…

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Nah just give them defiance again, me and my spear of justice will do the rest…

I approve of this.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some veterans have outgrown recent changes to basic mechanics; some haven’t yet caught up. It’s clear that many people still need help with breaking defiance, as evidenced at many meta events, hero challenges, and various open world bosses — if it’s not explained in advance, defiance isn’t broken quickly enough and the fight can fail.

That suggests that the OP’s suggestion might be best suited to challenge modes for raids or fractals. (Maybe Tier 4 fractals? might be a good spot to experiment with the idea)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

What I find really lame is the number of bosses in dungeons that have Defiance Bars – but also immunity to almost everything that damages defiance, but a few abilities that aren’t.

zealex.9410

Some veterans have outgrown recent changes to basic mechanics; some haven’t yet caught up. It’s clear that many people still need help with breaking defiance, as evidenced at many meta events, hero challenges, and various open world bosses — if it’s not explained in advance, defiance isn’t broken quickly enough and the fight can fail.

That suggests that the OP’s suggestion might be best suited to challenge modes for raids or fractals. (Maybe Tier 4 fractals? might be a good spot to experiment with the idea)

My ideanis for fractals as well as maybe dungeons. I quite happy with how breakbars work in open. As to wxplaining ppl the devs could eitherexplain it on the patxh notes or make a short vid about aka communication Hype.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I’d like to see more bosses that gain power until their breakbar is broken. Taking for example the healing crystals on Shatterer. Why not have a boss have a energy consumption channel (1 percent damage increase per second until next time this phase comes around) or channels into an ability that scales its effect (aoe damage or w/e) for each second channeled. Likewise the opposite could be done. Pulsing aoe that lasts or even gets stronger for however long it takes to remove the bar. Obviously the extreme example would be a channeled ability and if not broken does so much damage it wipes the party but Id rather not go that far.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’