Malrona

Malrona

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I hear Malrona’s poison isn’t reflectable anymore, but can you still destroy the projectiles with untraited Mesmer wardens? What about with Elementalist’s Swirling Winds?

Malrona

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Not completely sure but I think they still go through Swirling Winds.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Malrona

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Cant even block it anymore with aegis, shelter or any other block. Have to dodge, invuln or mesploit.

Malrona

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Why ‘even’? Easiest way to make projectiles unreflectable, and that’s how anet was always doing, is to make them unblockable.

Malrona

spoj.9672

I always considered projectile blocks as projectile destruction. Regular blocks work on splash damage from aoes. But they dont work on the splash damage from malrona’s aoes anymore. So there is a difference.

I dont understand why they make things undodgeable/unblockable anyway. Throws consistancy right out the window and causes further survivability imbalance between certain classes.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Malrona

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I always considered projectile blocks as projectile destruction. Regular blocks work on splash damage from aoes. But they doesnt work on the splash damage from malrona’s aoes anymore. So there is a difference.

I dont understand why they make things undodgeable/unblockable anyway. Throws consistancy right out the window and causes further survivability imbalance between certain classes.

Amen.

Malrona

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

They chose the lazy way out. Instead of making them unblockable/unreflectable, they should have simply made it so that you can’t reflect increased damage from the poison. In my opinion that was the only thing sketchy about it.

Malrona

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

They chose the lazy way out. Instead of making them unblockable/unreflectable, they should have simply made it so that you can’t reflect increased damage from the poison. In my opinion that was the only thing sketchy about it.

IMO reflects should be a set attack on NPCs based on player power. Blocks projectile, sends back an attack that uses the player’s stats. How that would impact PVP though /shrug.

Malrona

Posted by: Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Get poisonend. Damage here. Dodge aoe. Repeat. No reflect needed since berserk wars can do 100k damage with hundred blades to finish here up quik

You either die a underpowered class or you live long enough to be the overpowered one.

Malrona

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

It’s not about needing a reflect Franklin, it’s about stealth changes and negating class features/abilities.
I’m used to providing aegis and reflect for my group on my guardian. Especially the groupwide aegis is a core feature of the guardian class. A change like this kills some of the basic features for a guardian. And that’s just one of the more obvious examples.

If the reflects are too strong, maybe allowing those projectiles just to be destroyed instead of reflected might be a solution. If they don’t want to to do that, Jerus’ idea could be a good solution.
And at least, if they still want to go down the current route, they could tag the mobs accordingly. Call the ability “piercing projectiles” or something like that and tag the bosses accordingly.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Malrona

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

(tin foil hat)

random thought i had awhile ago.

I wonder… i wonder if we have been subjected to another Honor of the waves troll…

has anyone tried to reflect the spider queens ( AC ) poison volley? i dont think it can be reflected. The Champion Spider in Arah used to be reflectable…..

I think they copy pasted the "champion/legendary: spiders to be the same. and to prevent said AC spider queen from just turning into another malrona (pre patch) they made all spider poison volley un reflectable.

shrug

(tin foil hat off)

Malrona

spoj.9672

Spider queen has always been unreflectable (not true projectiles so only untraited warden works). And malrona and the orrian spiders have always shared the same mechanics. So when they changed malrona they changed the orrian spiders (auto copy/paste probably).

The mechanics between spider queen and malrona are very different so i dont know why they would feel they need to change things. Also you can block pulses from spider queen poison as far as i know (please correct me if im wrong). But you cant block the splash damage from malrona. Maybe it was an unintended change like alphard. We wont know unless they fix it. :P

Malrona

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If only there was a site with enemy attacks listed.

Malrona

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Quite sure this could be classified as an exploit.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Malrona

spoj.9672

I checked your site. It says unblockable. But is that for the pulsing poison aswell. I know projectile blocks dont stop the poison. I tend to not trust things if they arent completely clear. :P

(edited by spoj.9672)

Malrona

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I honestly can’t recall any attack which would be partially unblockable. Perhaps there are but then it would be specifically mentioned.

Malrona

spoj.9672

Yeah thats fair. I just had the strange feeling that you could run through the poison with blocks like aegis. x)

They really should of stuck with consistant names for things. Projectile blocks should be called projectile destruction. I mean look at this for consistancy on projectile block tooltips:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_the_Avenger
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swirling_Winds
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smokescreen

And blocks should be limited to blocks which block everything except unblockable attacks. So things like aegis, riposte, shelter etc. Bosses should also have tags for unblockable stuff. I know im asking too much for anet to improve consistency and clarity in pve. :P

(edited by spoj.9672)

Malrona

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I am already starting to see the “lfg…no mesmer” around, all over the dungeons, where I am wondering…is ANet trying to slowly get rid of every profession (PvE wise) outside war, ele, guard so that they don’t need to try anymore to balance the others to the Sacred 3?

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Malrona

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I am already starting to see the “lfg…no mesmer” around, all over the dungeons, where I am wondering…is ANet trying to slowly get rid of every profession (PvE wise) outside war, ele, guard so that they don’t need to try anymore to balance the others to the Sacred 3?

Wait until FGS gets nerfed and pugs abandon ele too.

Malrona

Posted by: Metasynaptic.1093

Metasynaptic.1093

I don’t particularly care about the change, the way in which the players have to find out about it is quite poor. I’ve done that fight probably hundreds of times, and I pay attention to the patch notes. To discover that 2 of my utilities are basically useless in that fight is not a happy, enjoyable gaming experience. I don’t mind that it is changed, I don’t need to know every tiny detail that goes into a patch, but I do need to know party-wipe inducing changes that could have been avoided by knowing the rug had been pulled a long time ago.

A one line note in the change log next time, it isn’t hard.