May be we are interpreting wrong

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

what ANet wants

Ok, the raids are released and now everybody shocked with the amount of the DPS requirements to beat the enrage timers. Mostly that means 8 super duper DPS full zerker or full condition, 1 healer and 1 quasi tank/dps.

All the streams and youtube kill videos one thing surprise me, lack of use of Chronomancers, alacrity and quickness use.

When I watch the videos my expectation is to see everybody under perma alacrity and quite big time under quickness while chronomancer can provide every 60s or so aTime Warp.

If you look to fights, there are always phases the boss CCed or locked to one place that you can drop Time Warp and alacrity which will increase the DPS like crazy.

I think if the people will follow this way, this might remove the stress of being super squishy to meet the DPS requirements and less stressful and annoyed raid environments.

If the people can get used to using alacrity and quickness, the fight will be like having 9 mins enrage timers, instead of 6:30.

The thing, people will soon start complaining about the enrage timers to be nerfed but I am sure ANet can do that or not because a group that can use alacrity make the fight a joke.

My 2 cents.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

Posted by: PrivateDeathdoor.8194

PrivateDeathdoor.8194

I think that the problem is that most of the time, it doesn’t feel like Chrono really increases damage at all unless its on a full group of zerker DPS. I have tested it a bit and it feels useless for my group most of the time. I can see the windows that would make it excessively strong, but we just lose too much trying to force a Mesmer to work. We have tried several different builds and just do not see it working enough.

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

But there’s plenty of kills with chronomancer? Even with chronomancer tanking. There was one with 2 of them too!

posthumecaver.6473

Well only thing I can imagine, Time Warp to be super duper effective will be for the builds with strong auto attacks like Revenant Sword auto chain , may be Necro Dagger chain, Mesmer sword is not bad also think because quickness helps mostly auto attack chain but I think Warrior/Ele/etc AA are mehhhh.

Think about gravedigger spammed in every 1s instead of 2s under quickness, I am seeing 25K hits from grave digger spam under %50 HP.

posthumecaver.6473

But there’s plenty of kills with chronomancer? Even with chronomancer tanking. There was one with 2 of them too!

I am sure people use Chronomancers but as I said I don’t see peoples skillbars the effects of alacrity or quickness, I expect to have at %50 uptime for alacrity, but I see mostly 5s there, then none.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Issues can be several : People don’t know where to put chrono in a raid party ; Chronos not knowing their rotation ; People being hell slow to run back in melee and those getting ported because they can’t sidestep doesn’t add value to alacrity.

Not everyone benefits from it either, so if you have a PoV of a revenant, most likely he wasn’t teamed with Chrono and alacrity went to the other party in priority.

Snow Crows [SC]

posthumecaver.6473

Issues can be several : People don’t know where to put chrono in a raid party ; Chronos not knowing their rotation ; People being hell slow to run back in melee and those getting ported because they can’t sidestep doesn’t add value to alacrity.

Not everyone benefits from it either, so if you have a PoV of a revenant, most likely he wasn’t teamed with Chrono and alacrity went to the other party in priority.

That brings us in an interesting question.

Does alacrity is a boon or not? If quickness is a boon, I would expect that alacrity to be one also and to be shared to the whole squad.

If not what is the boon/alacrity sharing rules in a squad?

Lets say top row is 5 people and bottom row is 5 people in GUI and the mesmer is at the bottom group, so only bottom group shares alacrity?

I think alacrity should go to 10 people otherwise it will guarantee 2 Mesmer spots on a raid and that is not fair.

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Alacrity is not a boon. It behaves like one, but is not affected by boon duration.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

(edited by My Sweet Lily.1952)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

It follows the same rule as any boon, 5 people, priority to party members, then allies, then phantasms. So yes, If mesmer is in a 5 man group only those 5 will get alacrity if they’re in range.

A safe pick would be to put Mesmer in a 4 man party or 3 man party, so when people spread there’s higher chance for alacrity to land on an ally in melee.

That’s my personal take on it, I haven’t done any WvW so I have limited knowledge of zerg formations.

Snow Crows [SC]

posthumecaver.6473

Hmmm, I thinking I making the mistake of assuming the raids has already boon sharing for 10 people, wasn’t this way.

I was sure that I read or heard this from a Guild Wars stream.

If not that it sucks that raids should have 2 mesmer/2 heralds for guaranteed spots for alacrity/boon sharing

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I think this is correct, but my issue with it is that it basically requires certain classes.

In the spirit of “play as you want” these raids should be complete-able by any class combination (though some specs may be necessary). We shouldn’t require any particular one.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”