Measuring DPS yet?

Measuring DPS yet?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Q:

Is anyone aware of a group who is testing out meta builds using actual DPS measurements from Jaxnx instead of calculations? If it’s being done and posted somewhere, I would like to see the results.

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

That’s a good example … I hope that kind of thinking continues and more builds get tried/tested.

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

The thing that excites me the most about that video is that this works with small interface size.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Oh man, that meter is sexy. How accurate is it? And I assume everyone needs to have it as well as a program to share it.

Measuring DPS yet?

SlyDevil.3952

It’s currently unavailable, gw2dps was previously the name for frifox’s dps meter. There is a website that you can subscribe to for an email when the website is updated with its intended functionality. Until then you can see if you can find one of the members from the video who is willing to speak more about it.

Since it seems to be based off the combat log, I’d assume it has some of the issues Jaxnx has.

In the video the total condi dps seemed, low. The passive procs from other classes + a condi engineer seemed like it would have ended up with a higher number.

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: WUSSUPHATERZ.9512

WUSSUPHATERZ.9512

It’s currently unavailable, gw2dps was previously the name for frifox’s dps meter. There is a website that you can subscribe to for an email when the website is updated with its intended functionality. Until then you can see if you can find one of the members from the video who is willing to speak more about it.

Since it seems to be based off the combat log, I’d assume it has some of the issues Jaxnx has.

In the video the total condi dps seemed, low. The passive procs from other classes + a condi engineer seemed like it would have ended up with a higher number.

Yea the dps seems a bit low even though the time was fine (~2:55 left on timer)

At least I can speak for myself as engi in that run. My subgroup didn’t have a druid which is already a huge dps loss. In addition Gorseval decided to walk out of every napalm 3h3h3 + it wasn’t the best run of my life. I also saw that we were not in banner of discipline range in the first phase

(edited by WUSSUPHATERZ.9512)

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well it higly dependent on your setting. At least with Jaxnx, condition need to have higher screenshot per seconds to capture all the tricks. Also, you can change how many seconds after you stop dpsing that the dps meter will stop. Depending if you put that at low or high, it will change the dps because they don’t represent the reality.

Tbh putting it at low at Gorseval for a condition dmg build make no sense. When gliding you are still doing dmg so your time don’t stop, but you stop attacking. So this will affect the numbers.

IMO, the best way to compare those dps would be to never stop the timer on the dps meter for the whole fight. You would have more comparable numbers for every build.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Measuring DPS yet?

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

It’s currently unavailable, gw2dps was previously the name for frifox’s dps meter.

Previously?

Measuring DPS yet?

SlyDevil.3952

It’s currently unavailable, gw2dps was previously the name for frifox’s dps meter.

Previously?

Well, you didn’t have a fancy website for it and the meter we’re referring to doesn’t exactly fit under the “legal dps meter” description on the website. So it previously and currently refers to a different meter by you. :P

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)