Melee vs ranged ! Soldier vs Adventurer (PVE)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

I play a sick minigame of wanting to melee most if not all of the content… with pugs!

Currently fractals (lvl22) is where it’s at. Problem is i end up going ranged most of it after being down a few times so ppl don’t kick me for being a total scrub. I’ve even gone 6xRunes of Vampirism on my zerk set to serve as training wheels, but that bonus 6 never triggers unless i’m 1v1 against a mob to test it.

I find it hard to notice some telegraphs because there’s so much particule effects around…

Anyway i digress. I’m devoted to a Ranger atm but my lvl80 Guardian is benched till he gets a shot… guess what my second spare ring just dropped…

What you thing does it make a difference one profession over the other? Bear in mind i dislike both Staff and Scepter (will use it where absolutely have to) so Guardian would be a complete All-in as melee, or should i just improve on the basic survivability of the game while profession being secondary/mere flavour?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Full zerk is hard to play well unless you are very experienced and good. Mix in Power-Toughness-Vitality should allow you survive better in full melee. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

You will have a much easier time in full melee on Guardian than you will on Ranger given that you use your virtues and utilities correctly. Typical melee guard build atm is sword/focus main set, great sword offset for burst and pulls. The great thing about both these sets are that they give blindness to mobs, along with the extra blind spam you can dish out through the radiance trait line.

It is not particuarly hard to play full melee guardian given the correct build, and if you are used to ranger, guardian will feel like a walk in the park. You have many ‘get out of jail free cards’ as I like to call them. In other words- Aegis, focus blocks and Renewed focus, along with a 3 condi cleanse virtue of resolve when traited and a channeled block on heal.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|