in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

… has it been fixed?

Merge party button...

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

Very unlikely, I’ll test it for you within an hour and edit.

Edit:
It seems fixed. Everytime you join a party it refreshes the list and probably checks for the ability to join at the same time, while before it wouldn’t refresh list. I tried to merge about 10 times and it didn’t work while it usually only takes 1 or 2 attempts.

(edited by MagicSlurpees.4851)

Merge party button...

Lord Kuru.3685

But does it destroy the progress of the party?

Merge party button...

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Can someone else confirm that they fixed it?

Merge party button...

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

PM “hatred”. He might have tested it already.

Merge party button...

MagicSlurpees.4851

You can’t merge sooo… you can’t destroy the progress.

Technically this isn’t true though, since you CAN merge, but only if everyone is outside of an instance, which isn’t a bug. When I tried it, it didn’t destroy the instance when I did merge by leaving the instance, but I merged into a group that didn’t have an instance, if both groups had an instance I believe it would destroy the person merging and keep the instance merged into.

I would consider that since we haven’t even seen a “You can still merge bug” post that it’s fixed.

Merge party button...

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Technically this isn’t true though, since you CAN merge, but only if everyone is outside of an instance, which isn’t a bug. When I tried it, it didn’t destroy the instance when I did merge by leaving the instance, but I merged into a group that didn’t have an instance, if both groups had an instance I believe it would destroy the person merging and keep the instance merged into.

I would consider that since we haven’t even seen a “You can still merge bug” post that it’s fixed.

Actually if 2 instances are opened and you merge from outside they both remain. If you use the portal to the dungeon you enter your own(the one you previously opened). This goes for instance owners. I didn’t test for other party members.

Merge party button...

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

PM “Heitred”. He might have tested it already.

Fixed that for you.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Merge party button...

MagicSlurpees.4851

Actually if 2 instances are opened and you merge from outside they both remain. If you use the portal to the dungeon you enter your own(the one you previously opened). This goes for instance owners. I didn’t test for other party members.

That’s cool, I didn’t bother testing but I didn’t see this as an impossibility considering it’s fully possible to have two instances of one dungeon in a single party. If you’re kicked, you’re instance is still destroyed though right?

Merge party button...

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Fun fact: I had a friend of mine telling me that the other day he was selling arah with another friend. One guy joins; they ask: “Are you here to buy the path?”
No answer, not even after a whisper, so they kick him after a couple of minutes.
The same guy rejoins; kicked. Again; kicked.
“What the hell are you doing here if you don’t want to buy?”
“I’m selling arah too”
“?!?”
“I was trying to merge and destroy your instance”

Dunno about you, but I found it incredibly hilarious…
… it means that idiocy can still surprise me and apparently anet did manage to fix merging. Huzzah.

Merge party button...

Lord Kuru.3685

PM “Heitred”. He might have tested it already.

Fixed that for you.

Yep… looks like he did test it:

Fun fact: I had a friend of mine telling me that the other day he was selling arah with another friend. One guy joins; they ask: “Are you here to buy the path?”
No answer, not even after a whisper, so they kick him after a couple of minutes.
The same guy rejoins; kicked. Again; kicked.
“What the hell are you doing here if you don’t want to buy?”
“I’m selling arah too”
“?!?”
“I was trying to merge and destroy your instance”

Dunno about you, but I found it incredibly hilarious…
… it means that idiocy can still surprise me and apparently anet did manage to fix merging. Huzzah.