Mesmer Illusions in TA and Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Currently, creating illusions in the Forward-Forward path in TA inside of the bubbles, during the encounter where you fight the archers and need to go through the portal to attack them, causing the illusions to instantly die when created. Can you make it so illusions that are created in that bubble don’t instantly die.

Also, illusions don’t do any damage at all to the final boss in Arah path 2. It would be great if illusions were able to damage the boss.

Thanks

Posted by: CJay.4067

CJay.4067

try to undstand the game mechanics.

for ta:
youre supposed to us to portals to get inside, then you can use anything

for arah p2:
same as goes for the players goes for your illusions aswell

Posted by: Quee.2389

Quee.2389

for ta:

for arah p2:

For TA, the current game mechanics instantly kill all illusions a Mesmer attempts to summon while they are standing in the bubble. This essentially reduces a Mesmer inside the bubble to auto-attacking. It’s pretty boring.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

for ta:

for arah p2:

No, it’s legitimately broken for any summon-based skills in TA. Both NPCs with Thieves Guild instantly die when inside, Mesmer clones instantly shatter, I’ve seen swapped pets instantly die too.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Its just the way those events work. Just as anybody shooting projectiles must go inside the bubble. If it saddens you that badly put on a sword and focus… go thru the portal… and have a ball.

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Its just the way those events work. Just as anybody shooting projectiles must go inside the bubble. If it saddens you that badly put on a sword and focus… go thru the portal… and have a ball.

But even with sword/focus hes illusions will die if they are created inside the bubble. He’s not complaining about making illusions outside the bubble, but inside it. All you can do while inside the bubble is auto attack. I main a ranger and I know that when I swap my pet while inside the bubble, my new pet will instantly die. So anything created inside the bubble dies. It’s not about making illusions outside the bubble and when shattering they die on the bubble.

There is a same problem in CoE, in the golem boss when it does the lightning field and if I’m inside it then all my attempts to create a clone will fail.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Clones and things like Spirit shield also fail in the flame circle for the last boss of Arah Path 1.

Probably has buggy mechanics with things like TA or Arah where people can’t leave/enter an area without a mechanic or invulnerability which causes summons to screw up.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I just wanted to add that it would be great if Champion Risen Abominations couldn’t build up frenzy stacks from attacking my illusions.

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Only AA players use AA. Good players swap to melee in TA bubbles. And then do a lot of damage using other skills and not only ilusion bomb.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Only AA players use AA. Good players swap to melee in TA bubbles. And then do a lot of damage using other skills and not only ilusion bomb.

You are neglecting the fact that the majority of mesmer dps comes from phantasams or shattering.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Jammypack.3018

Jammypack.3018

You are neglecting the fact that the majority of mesmer dps comes from phantasams or shattering.

In these cases, the majority of mesmer damage comes from Feedback and other players by way our Time Warp.

Every class has certain challenges in dungeons that force them from their usual dps dumps. Ask any good Guardian when he’s forced to switch to scepter or staff if all he does is Pew-n-Q about not being his usual spinny self and he’ll tell you he’s using his support utilities to their fullest and enjoying every minute of it.

We (mesmers) aren’t always on top of the dps charts but we sure can help the group be incredibly more efficient at boss encounters in most situations.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

I’m going to chalk the above post to not understanding either of the professions mentioned.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Jammypack.3018

I’m going to chalk the above post to not understanding either of the professions mentioned.

You do realize I didn’t say “all” of our damage, right?

Sarcasmic.6741

Mesmer weapon skills have lower damage coefficients to account for supplemental damage from either shatters or phantasms. To remove those sources is a detrimental bug that needs corrected. It does the same to Ranger pets and Necro minions.

Being able to support during boss fights (and dropping Time Warp I don’t consider being supportive) doesn’t justify having a class mechanic completely broken for a “mini-boss”.

You also don’t seem to realize that damage output from Guardian scepter is higher than the other options save greatsword. Pvp, it’s ineffective and easily strafed. However, pve mobs aren’t nearly as bright.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)

Jammypack.3018

Mesmer weapon skills have lower damage coefficients to account for supplemental damage from either shatters or phantasms. To remove those sources is a detrimental bug that needs corrected. It does the same to Ranger pets and Necro minions.

Being able to support during boss fights (and dropping Time Warp I don’t consider being supportive) doesn’t justify having a class mechanic completely broken for a “mini-boss”.

You also don’t seem to realize that damage output from Guardian scepter is higher than the other options save greatsword. Pvp, it’s ineffective and easily strafed. However, pve mobs aren’t nearly as bright.

I think what you are not grasping here is that my post had nothing to do with saying that scepter doesn’t have decent weapon damage, or that evolverzillas point that shatters are in integral point of mesmer damage. Both cases are true.

However, there are certain places in dungeons where the mechanics dictate that the damage mainstay of a class’ build are either not viable or not recommended, and even some situations where you can only defeat a boss using non-conventional attacks, such as the Legendary Jotun Stargazer.

Point is, these are not bugs, they are encounters which are designed to have players think and react differently.

Sarcasmic.6741

They are bugs though. An issue which only affects certain professions Because of the class mechanics needs to be corrected. It’s not designed as a mechanic to prevent the use of summons, same as the ring of fire around the Arah p1 boss. It’s merely an issue that has yet to have gotten a viable solution.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

the bubbles annoy me much more on ranger than on mesmer… but the instant death does need to be fixed (the only way a ranger can get a living pet inside the bubbles is if they -and their pet die inside the bubble (or going through it) and they get ressed

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Heve you ever tryed sword+pistol on these encounters? I donĀ“t think so…

AA+Blurred Frenzy+Magic bullet… Support+damage without the need of any illusion (vulnerability stack+daze+blind…).

Seriously. People need to think out of the box.

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

Magic bullet is a waste of time you could be using auto attack. The archers deal pitiful damage and dont need to be dazed. 3 sword clones will apply at least 6 stacks more vulnerability, plus bleed stacks.

There is nothing special about the encounter. It artificially lowers damage output (quite severely for mesmers) for no reason.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

They are bugs though. An issue which only affects certain professions Because of the class mechanics needs to be corrected. It’s not designed as a mechanic to prevent the use of summons, same as the ring of fire around the Arah p1 boss. It’s merely an issue that has yet to have gotten a viable solution.

They are not bugs. They are examples of terrible game design. We all like to beat up on WoW, but I cannot think of one time when this happened in WoW. And if it did, it certainly never lasted 6 months.

Sarcasmic.6741

Magic bullet is a waste of time you could be using auto attack. The archers deal pitiful damage and dont need to be dazed. 3 sword clones will apply at least 6 stacks more vulnerability, plus bleed stacks.

There is nothing special about the encounter. It artificially lowers damage output (quite severely for mesmers) for no reason.

You can’t have clones up on these certain encounters as bugs in the fights themselves prevent the summons from appearing. That is the focus of this thread.

They are not bugs. They are examples of terrible game design. We all like to beat up on WoW, but I cannot think of one time when this happened in WoW. And if it did, it certainly never lasted 6 months.

You can’t honestly believe that these encounters are designed to be counter to summons/companions. Anet has made quite their fair share of screw ups, but to assume this is working as intended just to counter these professions alone is plain ignorance. It’s far more likely these are yet more unintentional side effects that have yet to have been addressed.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I think the design failure here, if any, is that people are getting inside the bubble protecting the archers. I do it too though. I put a block up with my Guard then Flashing Blade and bam i’m in, its a free beat down. I laugh while the rest of my crew deals with being on the other side of the bubble. I suppose I could put a Wall of Reflection up right in front of the archer.

Dungeons need more little annoyances like this to make people try something different. There’s a reason why each profession has a variety of weapon and utility skills.

I haven’t run this path with my Mes yet but when I do i’m not going to let a little thing like not being able to summon illusions in a bubble slow me down. Feedback would be the first thing I’d throw out, I’d try Chaos Storm, and if it took too long I’d portal my party into the bubble.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

I think the design failure here, if any, is that people are getting inside the bubble protecting the archers. I do it too though. I put a block up with my Guard then Flashing Blade and bam i’m in, its a free beat down. I laugh while the rest of my crew deals with being on the other side of the bubble. I suppose I could put a Wall of Reflection up right in front of the archer.

Dungeons need more little annoyances like this to make people try something different. There’s a reason why each profession has a variety of weapon and utility skills.

I haven’t run this path with my Mes yet but when I do i’m not going to let a little thing like not being able to summon illusions in a bubble slow me down. Feedback would be the first thing I’d throw out, I’d try Chaos Storm, and if it took too long I’d portal my party into the bubble.

yeh… because anet obviously’accidentally’ put those portals in, so players can ‘exploit’ the archers and melee them

… its not a bug; most classes (if not all; but i havent tried) can get in through the bubble
the rest can just use the portals.

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Oh come on, the encounter is a joke. Unless you have a pug that doesn’t understand how to get in the bubbles, there’s no reason that you can’t clear it, even though it does insta-kill clones, pets, etc. and even then it’s still doable.

And I say this from the perspective of someone who’s done TA primarily as a ranger.

Also, mesmers don’t lost as much damage without clones as a ranger does, especially since feedback and projectile reflecting works in this encounter.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

yeh… because anet obviously’accidentally’ put those portals in, so players can ‘exploit’ the archers and melee them

… its not a bug; most classes (if not all; but i havent tried) can get in through the bubble
the rest can just use the portals.

‘Irony’

My opening statement was to suggest that by no means should players be able to melee those archers. As in you have to come up with a way to deal with archers that you can’t get to because they are behind a forcefield. That’s what I would like to see anyway; it goes with my statement saying that dungeons need little annoyances like this to get people think a little. In this case projectile reflection and retaliation might just be all you need.

However players can get into the bubbles through various means its not an exploit, so bash away, its not hard to deal with even if you can’t spawn illusions. Know how to work with the tools your Profession comes with.