Meta changes and class DPS ratings?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m actually curious – has anyone done the math? How do the classes stack against each other in terms of DPS now?

Will some classes ( see necro) see more play or is it too early to tell?

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Will some classes ( see necro

no

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Patch is still full of bugs and highly subject to change.

Publishing guides now is a great sign of lack of foresight

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Flea Exercise.5098

Flea Exercise.5098

Thief’s No Quarter seems to double-proc at times. That is, infinite fury as long as you keep attacking.

[ZDs]

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Personal DPS is now probably something like
1. Thief
2. Ele
3. Warrior
4. Engi
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Mesmer
8. Necro

I tested Ele vs War and Ele scores about 600-700dps higher against a single target, other than that I didn’t really try anything

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

1. Thief
2. Ele
3. Warrior
4. Engi
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Mesmer
8. Necro

I tested Ele vs War and Ele scores about 600-700dps higher against a single target, other than that I didn’t really try anything

Curious what you were doing on Engi. Really think there’s lots to explore on them still. And curious if you mean 30s which I think is what the old lists stated as standard? I imagine Engi being pretty high with burst if you can get an evade in quickly for that sweet double orbital/barrage.

And, I’m not very up to date on Warrior, but from looking at it, it seemed like Warrior’s big gain was the DPS increase on PS war, did they also receive a large just general increase? And, curious what build as well.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Or maybe not

:)

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

bladex.9502

1. Thief
2. Ele
3. Warrior
4. Engi
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Mesmer
8. Necro

Curious what you were doing on Engi. Really think there’s lots to explore on them still. And curious if you mean 30s which I think is what the old lists stated as standard? I imagine Engi being pretty high with burst if you can get an evade in quickly for that sweet double orbital/barrage.

And, I’m not very up to date on Warrior, but from looking at it, it seemed like Warrior’s big gain was the DPS increase on PS war, did they also receive a large just general increase? And, curious what build as well.

Regarding engi, I honestly have no clue what the DPS is in its current state, but I heard from friends that the DPS didn’t increase a lot, so I positioned it like this with the pre-patch DPS numbers in mind. Might be wrong, somebody has to correct me on that.

Warrior and ele both tested on maximum DPS solo builds on a golem in HotM.
Warrior’s DPS is increased by 5% from the buffed Berserkers Power.
Another 10% from the trait that grants you 10% extra damage while endurance is not full.
The actual usage of burst skills in your rotation now also slightly increases the DPS.
There are some more damage modifiers that I can’t really remember atm, but its a pretty big DPS boost compared to pre-patch

Regarding Phalanx Strenght, didn’t test that yet, but judging by the consistent 40k+ 100 blades I got while playing in groups on a Phalanx strenght build, while pre-patch it was usually around 28-32k, I would say DPS is buffed a lot

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thanks like I said I didn’t look all that much into warrior, but makes sense.

And, yeah I don’t think Engi really gained much on sustained but that burst with potential 4X orbital is pretty nifty.

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Or maybe not

I was listening to your video and burst out laughing when I read this. Funny coincidence.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I kind of think it’s pointless too because they pretty much openly declared that they plan to be nerfing things as they are aware of how overpowered everyone’s damage is, especially condi builds.

I expect lots of traits to change.

Dunno. I already wish the patch did not happen because right now it feels like it did during the early days when I played SNES and entered cheat codes for games that I played. It was highly entertaining at first to have god mode, but its appeal greatly diminishes. I expected buffs but not on this magnitude I guess.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Only one way to rectify this patch; self imposed challenges and put an embargo on zerker gear and go rampagers.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Flea Exercise.5098

Flea Exercise.5098

More like ‘rektify’ tbh.

[ZDs]

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

Call it a hunch, but I think ele still wins again big hitboxes.

https://youtu.be/MSu0wl0aXl8

NikeEU.7690

I kind of think it’s pointless too because they pretty much openly declared that they plan to be nerfing things as they are aware of how overpowered everyone’s damage is, especially condi builds.

Dunno. I already wish the patch did not happen because right now it feels like it did during the early days when I played SNES and entered cheat codes for games that I played. It was highly entertaining at first to have god mode, but its appeal greatly diminishes. I expected buffs but not on this magnitude I guess.

If only there was a way, if things somehow change in relevant ways in a future patch, to update that information and let it be known.

If only.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

These rankings without the traits/skills/rotations used does mean nothing. GIB dem bildz plix plox.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m just going to say that I hate GS camping PS Warrior with an undying passion.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Only one way to rectify this patch; self imposed challenges and put an embargo on zerker gear and go rampagers.

HELL YEA…. oh wait a minute…

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

bladex.9502

I’m just going to say that I hate GS camping PS Warrior with an undying passion.

GS camping has become a lot more fun with the Berserkers Power change and the more damage on empty endurance tbh.
At least now you actually have to pay attention and do stuff instead of just mindlessly pressing 211112111121111

Rising Dusk.2408

To be fair you use all of your cooldowns when they become available, but for me the most defining feature of a Warrior has always been Fast Hands weapon swapping. Without that it almost doesn’t feel like a Warrior to me. Oh well, I’m probably just being strange.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

You can run discipline instead of arms if you really want I guess and still have fast hands. Not sure how the might upkeep is though.

bladex.9502

You can run discipline instead of arms if you really want I guess and still have fast hands. Not sure how the might upkeep is though.

With dumplings and strength runes, you should be able to maintain at least 20+ might, but I could be wrong

Harper.4173

I doubt much will be nerfed except condi which is over the top.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Why are people calling for nerfs based on the experience of a 3 year old poorly designed and maintained dungeon set.

The game is to be balanced for the upcoming content not this husk that we have right now.

As far as the OP, they decided thieves didn’t have enough damage so they gave them even more damage and crit damage modifiers so that they can be the undisputed king of DPS by miles compared to all the classes who didn’t get damage modifiers.

And they didn’t address the elephant in the room for the underperforming classes which was their pitiful autoattacks and weapon skill damage values so I don’t know why you would think mesmer/ranger/necro would do any better on the DPS rankings.

If anything, they nerfed ranger by removing damage modifiers and moving spotter to the kitten skirmishing line (and they changed the 10% damage from flanking to 10% increased chance to crit, nerfing the trait).

Necro is a joke, they really didn’t do much for the damage and utterly gutted consume conditions with some gimmick design and nerfed Lich for some weird reason.

bladex.9502

I’m just gonna quote Nike, because this pretty much sums up how much of a change there probably will (not) be :
The fact that they didn’t nerf Ice Bow should let you all know that the “over powered builds” they are referencing have nothing to do with PvE balance. I wouldn’t expect direct damage pve based builds to be nerfed too badly, outside of bug fixes.

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I know theres lots of demand for info right now. But its kind of difficult to publish stuff when some things are going to change very fast and soon for a while.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

good thing we have people who are willing to overcome these difficulties

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

spoj.9672

Yeah exactly. Shame some of the stuff posted in the rush is kind of wrong. Which is why im holding off on my guide. That and i was too busy to do anything with it until now. x)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Your lack of willingness to overcome these difficulties surprises me spoj

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

I’ll make use of whatever guides are out there, as i’m sure many others will. If anet makes changes, or if someone else makes a better more accurate guide? then i’ll use whatever updated guide there is after it happens.

oh this has nothing to do with guides availability/accuracy? you guys are making snarky comments trying to get under each other’s skin acting like a bunch of little kittenes? nevermind, carry on.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

We aren’t, though. It’s good that DnT is so assiduous and quick in making guides. The more the better for the community.

It’s not like any of us actually gets anything from making guides, it’s just a hobby, there is nothing at stake here ^^

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Harper.4173

All people who invest time and effort into making guides are people I am thankful to. They’re giving their time to help all of us improve.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

^ +1 My engi is ready

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

In the past I used to cooperate with [DnT]Keyz. We used to share knowledge and techniques to increase our mastery of the ele. This was highly beneficial for her guides as well as mine. I guess the events of the second tournament influenced her into breaking this line of communication. With the loss of cooperation there was less drive for quality.

So it is good that there is some kind of spirit of competition in guide making, this pushes us to put more effort into it. Competition is less fruitful than cooperation, but it does drive quality.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I’ve been waiting (naked) since beta for the true patch to come out. Ya’ all are suckers for deciding on builds and gear the past couple years. I’ll show you.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

1. Thief
2. Ele
3. Warrior
4. Engi
5. Guard
6. Ranger
7. Mesmer
8. Necro

How the kitten are you getting that much damage out of an engy that you’d rank them above guard?

Is there some complex and difficult best case scenario skill rotation you guys are pulling off, because no combination of bomb/grenade kits and flame thrower has ever gotten above the ‘meh’ level for me.

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

It’s not like any of us actually gets anything from making guides, it’s just a hobby, there is nothing at stake here ^^

Well, no.. Of course DnT gets money for views and the rT members got money from dulfy. I’m not saying its something bad, of course ppl should get something back for their work, but pls dont act like you all would be angels oô

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

When you get to the work life, the difference between getting and “getting” gets getty glear.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

@Ashlee

You are missing the point, maybe I did not make myself clear enough: there is nothing at stake between DnT and rT when it comes to guide writing. What ever they get from it does not take away anything attributable to rT, and reciprocally. We have different styles, different platforms, and different timings.

As for monetary matters, I was writing guides before Dulfy asked me, I have continued to this day, and I have never touched any money. I enjoy guide writing and I intend to keep it as a hobby. It does not make me an angel, it is just what I like to do. And I think most guide writers – DnT, rT, or others – are motivated by their passion just like I am.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

Never wanted to say anyone would write guides for money, sorry.

J Eberle.9312

Attachments:

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Fear the illumin-rT

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

So i heard necro is op

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

NikeEU.7690

Zel is correct. If I wanted to make extra money, I wouldn’t bother with making pennies Youtube or Twitch, I would get a consultation job on the side that would pay more in a month than I will ever make from Youtube or Twitch in my lifetime.

But video games are way more fun than ghost writing covered opinion letters so millionaires can pay less tax.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Rising Dusk.2408

Fear the illumin-rT

This is really good.

spoj.9672

Just in case people arent aware. Crit chance is calculated differently now. Which results in lower crit than before patch even if you have more precision now.

New formula is:
crit = (prec – 916)/21

Old formula was (prec – 822)/21.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Precision-Calculations-were-adjusted/

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Just in case people arent aware. Crit chance is calculated differently now. Which results in lower crit than before patch even if you have more precision now.

New formula is:
crit = (prec – 916)/21

Old formula was (prec – 822)/21.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Precision-Calculations-were-adjusted/

More assasin gear/precision food is needed now for people that want to get 100%, even the ones with prec signet will need some changes (apart from warriors I guess, cause of the signet trait). Guardians will be ok with 1-handed weapons, but hammers and gswords are more appealing than ever now. And you lose out on the virtues or honor line if you go with radiance. On the other hand this does make ranger a bit more appealing.

But screw the meta and fiddling with crit chance, new Ursanway is here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Easy-mode-Team-comp-for-dungeons/

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

More assasin gear/precision food is needed now for people that want to get 100%, even the ones with prec signet will need some changes (apart from warriors I guess, cause of the signet trait). Guardians will be ok with 1-handed weapons, but hammers and gswords are more appealing than ever now. And you lose out on the virtues or honor line if you go with radiance. On the other hand this does make ranger a bit more appealing.

But screw the meta and fiddling with crit chance, new Ursanway is here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Easy-mode-Team-comp-for-dungeons/

Wut? It was rescaled so you still have about 4% crit chance with base precision.

J Eberle.9312

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

spoj.9672

Wut? It was rescaled so you still have about 4% crit chance with base precision.

Pretty much. Stupid change. Was it really an issue having 8% base crit chance.