Meta team comp after HoT?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

So any thought about the meta team comp for fractals after HoT ? I guess revenant will take a spot there.

This is my guess:
Mesmer/Guardian
Ele
Revenant
Warrior
Engi/Thief

(edited by gin.7158)

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

For what, dungeons or fractals?

Probably something of the sort like this:

1 Chronomancer ( alacrity + quickness + reflects + condition removal + portal + being awesome )
1 PS warrior ( might + banners + EA, but without strength runes or might food )
1 Herald ( 50% boon duration, some might, 150 ferocity, can provide perma protection if needed, can provide projectile destruction and more condition removal if needed, stability )
1 Ranger ( stealth, frost spirit, spotter, tons of vuln )
1 Ele ( FGS, DF )

EDIT: Durp, it said fractals, still would go for pretty much the same comp. Potentially engi over ranger because sword auto attack screws with ranger.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

For Fractals

1 Mesmer or Guardian for reflects
1 Ele for CC and Might
1 Rev or Warrior for Might and other boons
2 Condi Engie for dps

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

5 lb guards. for the lulz.
^what they said.
more interested the comp for raids.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

(edited by RSLongK.8961)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

+ 1 Banner bot
+ 1 Reflect bot
+ Whatever else – Pick one in the pool of classes that have decent amount of Blind, Cleave, Crowd Control.

Some notes:
1. Everyone brings their own consumables.
2. Fight is too short to actually need Aclarity: If you want more Burst, take Guard. If you want fast travel in vertical axis, take Mesmer.
3. Stop relying on Deep Freeze. Get good.
4. Learn a class properly and perform it to a satisfactory level; stop switching between meta classes and play like crap. Get good.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

In bwe3
1 chronomancer
1 ps war
1 ele
1 condi engi
1 rev
worked kinda nice most of the time. Depends on their new “awesome” instabilities and mob scaling.

2. Fight is too short to actually need Aclarity: If you want more Burst, take Guard. If you want fast travel in vertical axis, take Mesmer.

Without having seen fractal 90+ I wouldn’t say that. Even on a current lvl 50 alacrity would get some good use. In addition chronomancer has tons of quickness. The only reason I would take a guardian over a mesmer is for aegis.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

5 heralds duh

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Druid is going to become as mandatory as Warrior. It has Spotter, GoE, GotL, FS, and SS all with respectable DPS on its own. My expectation for top speed clears will be:

• Mesmer / Guardian
  • Warrior
  • Ranger
  • Thief
  • Elementalist / Engineer
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Those who say “Elementalist” mean the base class, not the Tempest. Seriously.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

What do you want a thief for?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Druid is going to become as mandatory as Warrior. It has Spotter, GoE, GotL, FS, and SS all with respectable DPS on its own. My expectation for top speed clears will be:

• Mesmer / Guardian
  • Warrior
  • Ranger
  • Thief
  • Elementalist / Engineer

wait druid? What’s good with druid?

/s

Iris Ng.9845

What do you want a thief for?

Cleave.
Evade/semi-tank/anchor.
Single-target burst.
To solo some puzzles.

More like you need a daredevil than a gen-1 thief.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Iris Ng.9845

Without having seen fractal 90+ I wouldn’t say that. Even on a current lvl 50 alacrity would get some good use. In addition chronomancer has tons of quickness. The only reason I would take a guardian over a mesmer is for aegis.

Guard has about the same amount of quickness up time as a mesmer, considering the strong presence of a Revenant in the group. Guard has much better burst damage than a mesmer if your group is organized enough to annihilate everything within 30 seconds. If you take a Guard for aegis, may as well take a chronomesmer instead to abuse (distortion+ Blur) x continuum split. Many skills are double or triple damaging (Mossman’s Gouge, Ashym’s staff flare skills, Ettin’s stomp) and there are skills that are unblockable like Molten Berserker’s shockwave.

Guard has about the same amount of quickness up time as a mesmer, considering the strong presence of a Revenant in the group. Guard has much better burst damage than a mesmer if your group is organized enough to annihilate everything within 30 seconds. If you take a Guard for aegis, may as well take a chronomesmer instead to abuse (distortion+ Blur) x continuum split. Many skills are double or triple damaging (Mossman’s Gouge, Ashym’s staff flare skills, Ettin’s stomp) and there are skills that are unblockable like Molten Berserker’s shockwave.

Even with a revenant you only have 7.5 seconds of quickness which isn’t that much compared to chronomancers 17 presuming your not using shield and then the well is almost off CD again. With shield you easily get 29 seconds of quickness because shield 5 and the one well will be off CD by that time. This is without revenant with revenant this just goes up to even more insane numbers. And yeah guard does have better DPS. And yeah mesmer could just go Well of Precognition + Signet of midnight with distortion sharing. But we should take into account dragonhunter, i mean those LB skills can do some sweet numbers : P I almost feel bad for guardian. Almost. The time of the chronomancer is here!

/end RP mode

/s

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I am honestly terrified at the thought of rangers becoming so good they’ll climb up to “optimal” for records…
…only to be butchered after 3 days by anet. This isn’t ele we talkin’ about!
No, but I’m so hyped. I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of those three blissful, sunny days.
I know for sure we gonna have rev/ranger/thief in party, because that’s what people want to play, and then I guess warr/mesmer.

I am honestly terrified at the thought of rangers becoming so good they’ll climb up to “optimal” for records…
…only to be butchered after 3 days by anet. This isn’t ele we talkin’ about!

Yeah, if they nerf ranger that would be slightly disappointing to say the least. I’m enjoying the shake up in the meta. I feel like all the medium classes will be pretty well balanced.

/s

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

chronomancer, warrior or berserker (idk the meta build), druid, dps class fillers

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

My list in no class order:

Power engi / scrapper
Condi/trap ranger ( haven’t looked at druid )
Power guardian ( although they carry knight trinkets for fights where you can control the fight with high toughness )

Not set on the last two although maybe dps warrior with banners ( if they can ) and scepter/focus ele ( if lightning hammers can be used in speed runs. Carrying them to the next fight, duration, etc )

Sarah

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Guard has about the same amount of quickness up time as a mesmer, considering the strong presence of a Revenant in the group. Guard has much better burst damage than a mesmer if your group is organized enough to annihilate everything within 30 seconds..

Chronos are ridiculously strong since they can get 3 phantasms up then shatter and still have them up, as the mob stats get higher and fights extend, the burst damage in 10-15 secs probably won’t matter. Plus slow, and alacrity is very strong in fights up to 30secs, engis pretty much turn shrapnel grenade/fire bomb into their auto attack, warriors get extra HB/WW, ranger charges astral faster.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Interesting, I don’t play ranger. Why do people want it? spotter and frost spirit, CC bot?
Or preparing druid for hard encounter? is druid better than the base ranger?

(edited by gin.7158)

Kitty.1502

Interesting, I don’t play ranger. Why do people want it? spotter and frost spirit, CC bot?

Ranger’s support is inferior to other support, though they can be good dps, but they are not meta material.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Ranger’s support is inferior to other support, though they can be good dps, but they are not meta material.

Ranger brings a 10% multiplier to condi/physical damage, spotter, frost spirit, sun spirit or storm if needed, lots of fury, fire fields if condi. They will quite probably be taken on teams now because of competitive damage, strong buffs and support.

They have Frost Spirit, Spotter, stealth, good amount of vuln, and can up that even more with storm spirit. In addition the Smokescale can hit really hard in addition to it having an evade attack. You can also take sun spirit if you have a lot of condition damage guys in the group. The only problem is the ranger sword auto attack and the pet still dying pretty fast. You could go condition damage for your ranger so you don’t have to worry about the sword but then you lose out on some vuln.

/s

Rising Dusk.2408

In response to all of these, let’s revisit what changes they made to Ranger and Druid that make it in-kitten-credible.

• Glyph of Empowerment: +10% teamwide damage for 6 seconds every 16 seconds.
  • Spotter: +150 precision to the whole party.
  • Frost Spirit: +10% damage 70% of the time when attacking, no ICD.
  • Sun Spirit: If you have anyone with condition damage, namely a Sinister Engineer, this becomes huge. It’s still a big DPS bonus even without a condition class, though.
  • Grace of the Land: Everyone you hit with an Astral Form skill gains 3% a damage and condition damage increase for 8 seconds. This buff stacks 5 times. Note that Rejuvenating Tides pulses in an AOE 5 times, so it’s really easy to stack this and bail Astral Form to save DPS.

This is comparable to what a Warrior brings to a party, and overlaps exceptionally well. I would be very surprised if a Druid doesn’t get brought considering all of these buffs and everything else a Ranger already brings.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

For fractals:

Reflects, Aegis, Blind, Weakness and Condi damage will be what groups will need. Reflects to combat all the missiles, Aegis to not get 1 shot by bosses when you make a mistake, Blind and Weakness to survive trash who kill have significantly more damage and more crit chance.

With that being said, I’d say the optimal group comp would become
Guardian
Mesmer
Condi Necro x3

Wut? Ya you heard me. Condi Necros do most of their DPS at range, only needing to be in melee for weapon swaps to proc Sigil of Geomancy. With Alacrity, they’ll easily have an overkill of Blind/Weakness to trivialize trash. They’ll have insane AoE damage output that other professions won’t be able to compete with: remember that a Condi Necro’s damage goes up the more condis are applied to a target, so you can expect Epidemic to hit for over 100k a pop, and with Alacrity that’s 3 Epidemics every 9 seconds or so. Necros will also have AoE crowd control through their new elite shout (or through good ‘ol golem charge), Chill for kiting, projectile destruction through Corrosive Poison Cloud and they’ll be able to maintain almost 25 might stacks without needing to be babysat by a Might factory profession. And to top it all off, they’ll be able to do it in Dire gear if the going gets too tough.

And before you start spewing nonsensical rhetoric, keep in mind that Epidemic is, bar none, the highest DPS skill in the game under specific conditions: you need multiple condition users to stack up conditions on a single target and you need multiple mobs to live long enough for all that damage to matter. All of which will most certainly happen in 50+ fractals if the scaling is similar to the old 50+ fractals we had when the fractals initially launched.

For raids, something like this.

Mesmer 2x
Revenant 2x
Elementalist 2x
Condi Necro
Condi Ranger
Condi Warrior
Condi Elementalist

The Mesmers are there for Alacrity, Quickness and boon sharing. Revenants are boon factories and great direct damage DPS. Elementalists act as great DPS and double dip as healers with Wash the Pain Away and water fields. The Necro is there to tank in Dire gear and for Epidemic on fights that call for it. Ranger double dips as a healer with the Druid specialization and Apothecary gear. The Warrior spams that completely ridiculous Longbow burst skill with the Berserker specialization and provides banners. The Condi Elementalist also double tips as a healer

In response to all of these, let’s revisit what changes they made to Ranger and Druid that make it in-kitten-credible.

• Sun Spirit: If you have anyone with condition damage, namely a Sinister Engineer, this becomes huge. It’s still a big DPS bonus even without a condition class, though.
  • Grace of the Land: Everyone you hit with an Astral Form skill gains 3% a damage and condition damage increase for 8 seconds. This buff stacks 5 times. Note that Rejuvenating Tides pulses in an AOE 5 times, so it’s really easy to stack this and bail Astral Form to save DPS.

This is comparable to what a Warrior brings to a party, and overlaps exceptionally well. I would be very surprised if a Druid doesn’t get brought considering all of these buffs and everything else a Ranger already brings.

OK haven’t been keeping up with druid figured ranger>druid so take ranger but the glyph and the grace of land seems really strong. Glad druid is actually useful for something besides healing.

/s

For fractals:

Reflects, Aegis, Blind, Weakness and Condi damage will be what groups will need. Reflects to combat all the missiles, Aegis to not get 1 shot by bosses when you make a mistake, Blind and Weakness to survive trash who kill have significantly more damage and more crit chance.

With that being said, I’d say the optimal group comp would become
Guardian
Mesmer
Condi Necro x3

Wut? Ya you heard me. Condi Necros do most of their DPS at range, only needing to be in melee for weapon swaps to proc Sigil of Geomancy. With Alacrity, they’ll easily have an overkill of Blind/Weakness to trivialize trash. They’ll have insane AoE damage output that other professions won’t be able to compete with: remember that a Condi Necro’s damage goes up the more condis are applied to a target, so you can expect Epidemic to hit for over 100k a pop, and with Alacrity that’s 3 Epidemics every 9 seconds or so. Necros will also have AoE crowd control through their new elite shout (or through good ‘ol golem charge), Chill for kiting, projectile destruction through Corrosive Poison Cloud and they’ll be able to maintain almost 25 might stacks without needing to be babysat by a Might factory profession. And to top it all off, they’ll be able to do it in Dire gear if the going gets too tough.

And before you start spewing nonsensical rhetoric, keep in mind that Epidemic is, bar none, the highest DPS skill in the game under specific conditions: you need multiple condition users to stack up conditions on a single target and you need multiple mobs to live long enough for all that damage to matter. All of which will most certainly happen in 50+ fractals if the scaling is similar to the old 50+ fractals we had when the fractals initially launched.

For raids, something like this.

Mesmer 2x
Revenant 2x
Elementalist 2x
Condi Necro
Condi Ranger
Condi Warrior
Condi Elementalist

The Mesmers are there for Alacrity, Quickness and boon sharing. Revenants are boon factories and great direct damage DPS. Elementalists act as great DPS and double dip as healers with Wash the Pain Away and water fields. The Necro is there to tank in Dire gear and for Epidemic on fights that call for it. Ranger double dips as a healer with the Druid specialization and Apothecary gear. The Warrior spams that completely ridiculous Longbow burst skill with the Berserker specialization and provides banners. The Condi Elementalist also double tips as a healer

Condi necro is actually pretty bad compared to other condi classes. Epidemic can help some but that’s presuming you have more than one enemy which is only true for a few bosses. Unless they recently buffed condi necro massively and I missed it or something condi necro will not be taken. Also condi ele is pretty bad too and unless they buffed beserker by a substantial amount pure DPS warrior is better not to mention they can stack might and bring EA. And banners only effect 5 people so you will probably want 2 warriors.

/s

Kitty.1502

At the cost of a lot of dps. Going into Astral Form means you aren’t dpsing, meaning that is a significant dps loss. Going into druid in general is a loss in dps. While all this will most likely be great for raid, for fractals and other group content not so much when there are options that don’t require such a loss in dps and have equal or better support.

I like druid, and think its pretty good with a very minor issues, but it won’t be meta for 5 man group content.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

Zaroua.2714

“Condi necro is actually pretty bad compared to other condi classes.”

Other condi classes need to be in melee to do their DPS optimally, which is something you DON’T want to happen in 50+ fractals, again assuming the damage scaling is somewhat similar to what we had when 50+ fractals were initially a thing. You also need a lot of AoE in fractals, something the other condi professions are lacking at.

“Epidemic can help some but that’s presuming you have more than one enemy which is only true for a few bosses.”

Aquatic, Mossman, Ascalon Captain (the squire packs a hell of a punch at higher levels), Golem cats, Archdiviner, Aetherblade, and ESPECIALLY Lava Shaman all have adds where Epidemic does a good job. But that’s only counting bosses, which I can assure you is a very bad misconception for 50+ fractals. The trash is ridiculously deadly and it’ll only get worse when you have to deal non trivial instabilities that people are used to dealing with at 40, 49 and 50.

“Also condi ele is pretty bad too”

My napkin math showed they can output ~20k dps while bringing a ton of utility.

“unless they buffed beserker by a substantial amount pure DPS warrior is better not to mention they can stack might and bring EA”

Berserker’s burst longbow skill does completely obnoxious amounts of damage.

“And banners only effect 5 people so you will probably want 2 warriors.”

You only need your banners to affect the DD people since banners aren’t really worth it for the condi team.

At the cost of a lot of dps. Going into Astral Form means you aren’t dpsing, meaning that is a significant dps loss. Going into druid in general is a loss in dps. While all this will most likely be great for raid, for fractals and other group content not so much when there are options that don’t require such a loss in dps and have equal or better support.

I like druid, and think its pretty good with a very minor issues, but it won’t be meta for 5 man group content.

True, you will lose some personal DPS for Glyph of whats ya ma call it. But does the DPS gained better? Guess we will just have to wait. I could see it either way.

/s

Rising Dusk.2408

At the cost of a lot of dps. Going into Astral Form means you aren’t dpsing, meaning that is a significant dps loss. Going into druid in general is a loss in dps.

You can fully charge the GotL bonus in less than 4 seconds in astral form. Enter form, use Rejuvenating Tides, leave form. Now everyone has 15% damage bonus for the next 8 seconds, which definitely counterbalances the loss from entering in the first place. You could even do this before entering combat in the first place while running to the boss, meaning it’s no DPS loss at all.

Kitty.1502

At the cost of a lot of dps. Going into Astral Form means you aren’t dpsing, meaning that is a significant dps loss. Going into druid in general is a loss in dps.

You can fully charge the GotL bonus in less than 4 seconds in astral form. Enter form, use Rejuvenating Tides, leave form. Now everyone has 15% damage bonus for the next 8 seconds, which definitely counterbalances the loss from entering in the first place. You could even do this before entering combat in the first place while running to the boss, meaning it’s no DPS loss at all.

Interesting point, will need to run the numbers on it. that plus the 10% damage buff, could see a 25% damage increase stacked with frost spirits for a total of 32% damage increase and spotter + sun spirit.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]

“Condi necro is actually pretty bad compared to other condi classes.”

Other condi classes need to be in melee to do their DPS optimally, which is something you DON’T want to happen in 50+ fractals, again assuming the damage scaling is somewhat similar to what we had when 50+ fractals were initially a thing. You also need a lot of AoE in fractals, something the other condi professions are lacking at.

“Epidemic can help some but that’s presuming you have more than one enemy which is only true for a few bosses.”

Aquatic, Mossman, Ascalon Captain (the squire packs a hell of a punch at higher levels), Golem cats, Archdiviner, Aetherblade, and ESPECIALLY Lava Shaman all have adds where Epidemic does a good job. But that’s only counting bosses, which I can assure you is a very bad misconception for 50+ fractals. The trash is ridiculously deadly and it’ll only get worse when you have to deal non trivial instabilities that people are used to dealing with at 40, 49 and 50.

“Also condi ele is pretty bad too”

My napkin math showed they can output ~20k dps while bringing a ton of utility.

“unless they buffed beserker by a substantial amount pure DPS warrior is better not to mention they can stack might and bring EA”

Berserker’s burst longbow skill does completely obnoxious amounts of damage.

“And banners only effect 5 people so you will probably want 2 warriors.”

You only need your banners to affect the DD people since banners aren’t really worth it for the condi team.

True, you have to be in melee, we will have to see how difficult it really is to melee at 90+. But at least for lower lvls you don’t have to worry about that.

Underwater combat is something entirely different, I was talking for land. I don’t know what the optimal comp would be underwater. You would only be able to use epidemic on the second half of the cat golum fight. For archdiviner first encounter you won’t be able to use epidemic and for the second fight the adds will die before you get any substantial amount of conditions on them. There is a good amount of bosses where there is only one target. And other builds can cleave just fine too. I would really like to know how you are getting 20k DPS on condi ele. I think we should start a discussion about this on the DnT forums so we can get some solid math on this.

As for condition damage warrior, direct damage warrior brings both PS and EA. In addition pretty sure that pure damage warrior > condition damage warrior. And you still get condition damage from the one banner for a second one plus PS for more might. Could maybe see only one warrior, would have to see some math on it, didn’t think about banners being better for DD guys.

EDIT: Your fractal comp would be lacking a lot of might.

EIDT 2: you do have a point that epidemic would be really good vs bosses where there is multiple foes, but that’s not always the case in fractals

/s

Zaroua.2714

“As for condition damage warrior, direct damage warrior brings both PS and EA. In addition pretty sure that pure damage warrior > condition damage warrior. And you still get condition damage from the one banner for a second one plus PS for more might. "

Don’t really need PS with 2 Revenants and 2 Mesmers.

“Your fractal comp would be lacking a lot of might.”

Condi reapers get ridiculous amounts of might. Very selfish. And the Guardian brings a lot of vuln with quickness + hammer AA spam.

“As for condition damage warrior, direct damage warrior brings both PS and EA. In addition pretty sure that pure damage warrior > condition damage warrior. And you still get condition damage from the one banner for a second one plus PS for more might. "

Don’t really need PS with 2 Revenants and 2 Mesmers.

“Your fractal comp would be lacking a lot of might.”

Condi reapers get ridiculous amounts of might. Very selfish. And the Guardian brings a lot of vuln with quickness + hammer AA spam.

Revenants can stack some might but would need strength runes and eve then I don’t think it’s 25 might. And to take the signet to spread boons you now have to give up something on the mesmer bar. And how do reapers get perma 25 might or something? And still, this 3 necro comp would be pretty bad vs single targets of which there are a decent amount in fractals.

/s

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

d how do reapers get perma 25 might or something?

the spite trait line alone insures that reaper spec necros will always have 25might. Also sinister reaper does quite a bit of single target damage.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

the spite trait line alone insures that reaper spec necros will always have 25might. Also sinister reaper does quite a bit of single target damage.

That’s only when below 50% HP. And while sinister reaper no doubt does do some nice damage, other classes do more.

/s

Zaroua.2714

“That’s only when below 50% HP. And while sinister reaper no doubt does do some nice damage, other classes do more.”

Doing “more damage” only helps when you’re staying alive and able to do your full rotation at all times. I did up to mid 60s with my group at fractal release and it was absolutely brutal. Unless they screw up the scaling and make 100 barely any harder than 50 is right now, then you can bet that a meta group will have to care about survivability somehow.

Sigmoid.7082

That’s only when below 50% HP. And while sinister reaper no doubt does do some nice damage, other classes do more.

Go wiki the trait reapers might and tell me that’s “only below 50%” lol. Without might runes the single trait will grant 22stacks of might. With night runes it will maintain 32 thus Max stacks and then some. So even without anything being below 50% getting Max might and maintaining it are things that reapers will pretty much always do as long as they take the spite line.

So you saying only below 50% is wrong..

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Go wiki the trait reapers might and tell me that’s “only below 50%” lol. Without might runes the single trait will grant 22stacks of might. With night runes it will maintain 32 thus Max stacks and then some. So even without anything being below 50% getting Max might and maintaining it are things that reapers will pretty much always do as long as they take the spite line.

So you saying only below 50% is wrong..

That’s presuming you just spam number 1 in death/reaper shroud which means not applying any bleeds or anything of the sort like that.

@Zaroua

It really depends. The OP didn’t mention what lvl so for the majority of lvls that doesn’t really matter. And I mean, take thief for example, squishy as heck, can easily get one shot, but still taken for fractals. We have to wait to see lvl 100 to see how hard it is and why to determine a comp for that. But for lower lvl difficulties like now 3 necros wouldn’t be useful except for bosses where there is multiple enemies around within range of each other.

/s

Sigmoid.7082

“.That’s presuming you just spam number 1 in death shroud which means not applying any bleeds or anything of the sort like that. "

Reaper. Dhuumfire. Poison potential. There is a lot of stuff you can do while building might via RS#1. Not to mention the might lcan last , with runes, 22s or 29s with a herald so yeah your point of how do reapers gain so much might has been answered.

“.That’s presuming you just spam number 1 in death shroud which means not applying any bleeds or anything of the sort like that. "

Reaper. Dhuumfire. Poison potential. There is a lot of stuff you can do while building might via RS#1. Not to mention the might lcan last , with runes, 22s or 29s with a herald so yeah your point of how do reapers gain so much might has been answered.

Didn’t see they changed Dhuumfire till now. Is the optimal way to go is to just spam reaper one now? If not, your gonna be losing some DPS by doing that. In addition, both guardian and mesmer are going to be missing might. So yeah some people can get some might, but not everyone. Furthermore you might be losing some DPS by doing so ( would like to know about this if anyone that has done math ).

/s

Sigmoid.7082

“Furthermore you might be losing some DPS by doing so ( would like to know about this if anyone that has done math ).”

You don’t in the build in question, sinister.

“Furthermore you might be losing some DPS by doing so ( would like to know about this if anyone that has done math ).”

You don’t in the build in question, sinister.

So the optimal thing is really to spam 1 in death/reaper shroud? Interesting. Still, both the chronomancer and the guardian wouldn’t have any might.

/s

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

not much love for Thief in this thread is there)

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

“That’s only when below 50% HP. And while sinister reaper no doubt does do some nice damage, other classes do more.”

Doing “more damage” only helps when you’re staying alive and able to do your full rotation at all times. I did up to mid 60s with my group at fractal release and it was absolutely brutal. Unless they screw up the scaling and make 100 barely any harder than 50 is right now, then you can bet that a meta group will have to care about survivability somehow.

Meta groups always cared about survivability…they just didn’t handle it via gear…they handled it via utilities, traits, and weapons skills. I don’t really see this changing for any level of fractals, with the exception of maybe adding druids into the equation for heals. We also have the herald now, that has the option for party wide perma protection. Survivability covered…and not by a profession that only takes care of itself.

As far as the below 50% quote….he was talking specifically about the competitive damage component. Reapers spend half of every encounter way below the dps curve due to traits that depend on mob hp level. I just can’t see reapers being a part of any desired 5 man meta…or even a 10 man meta with the combination of their gated damage output, mobility of enemies in raids (so far) versus grave digger cast time, lack of party buff contribution, and incompatibility with party wide healing while in shroud.