Minimum dungeon level requirement?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zypher.9536

Zypher.9536

Hi there,
I want to level a low level mesmer to 80 fast, I heard it’s possible to run through dungeons, then switch to your low level just before the end so it gets the exp instead of your main character. But I’m wondering, is there a minimum level requirement to enter a dungeon? I’ve heard about people using this method on cof with low lvl characters, but as far as I’m concerned you need to be 75 to get in there. How does this work?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

No, my level 5 guard entered arah. The level requirement is there to tell you that the mobs inside the instance have that level (or a higher one) and you should have said level too in order to not get completely wrecked.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Form a party and on the LFG tool state that you will switch at last boss. Then ask someone in the party to open the instance in case they haven’t done it. Depending on your group DPS, switch either before the boss on someway through it to your lower level character that is already stationed on the same map. You will get the invite to join your party in the dungeon, accept and just /dance until they kill the champ … or wipe.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Zypher.9536

Zypher.9536

Thanks guys! So I can just do that in any dungeon, and it doesn’t matter which level my alt is?

Posted by: orgraal.9856

orgraal.9856

yes, but make sure your party is ok with it.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Thanks guys! So I can just do that in any dungeon, and it doesn’t matter which level my alt is?

If you can get them there without dying. This game over-aggros underleveled players.
As stated just make sure your group is in agreement. I’ve known a few people that level this way.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

CM is really good for this. Path 2 does not finish until someone interacts with the cage so you have all the time in the world to bring your alt in. Sometimes one player will swap and we 4-man the boss for the other paths.

Don’t start the instance if you want to keep your friends.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837