Minmaxing questions from a returnee

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

1- Rune of the Ranger : Bonus works for mermer clones/fantasm? Works for minis?

2- Exoctic Weapon + Sigil of the Night > Ascended Weapon + Sigil of Strengh?

(more to come)

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

From what i heard rune of the ranger works with mesmer clones and necro minions too, and they also work with minis. And if you are a ranger they work even if your pet is dead.

About ascended weapons, Wethospu discovered that when you are downscaled ascended weapons have the same weapon strength as exotic weapons, so if for example you have an ascended axe with force and an exotic with night the exotic one will be better in lower lvl dungeons like AC.
But about your question about strength sigil i dont know the answer, but i guess night on an exotic is better than strenght on an ascended.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Sigil of strength with strength runes is a good bit worse than a 10% dps buff. It’s a good bit better than a 5% dps buff, presuming you need the Might. If you are already getting 20+ might without strength sigil it won’t be helping you greatly.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Skeener.2506

Skeener.2506

From what i heard rune of the ranger works with mesmer clones and necro minions too, and they also work with minis. And if you are a ranger they work even if your pet is dead.

Rune of the Ranger, im assuming we’re talking about Superior runes, only apply the final bonus of +7% dmg IF the Ranger’s pet is active, in other words the pet cannot be dead or you lose the bonus.
– edited because i’m not sure if Minis do not count for sure, I was merely going off of an assumption and hearsay from other players, my apologies.

(edited by Skeener.2506)

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I can confirm that Ranger runes 6th bonus is currently working with miniatures, at least in HotM.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

And they also do not work for Minis

Did you test it? If so, when and how? If not, who is your source? The implication of that allegation is pretty big…

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I can confirm that Runes of Ranger work with any companions appearing as a green dot on your minimap, or those that shares the vuln debuff with you in Hidden Arcana Story instance.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids