Missing the seal at cliffside fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JamesT.3645

JamesT.3645

So I’ve charged the hammer and skill 4 on the seal, but half the time it seems to miss and do no damage. I can’t work out if you have to be a certain distance away from it, sideways on, or what. What am I doing wrong?

Posted by: Matt.7413

Matt.7413

I would assume it is due to you being to far away or perhaps walking off to quickly after clicking the skill 4 and not waiting for the full cast of the hammer skill.

[HeX] Officer | Aeyana | Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

You’re probably too far away.
For knees seals and during the final fight, you can just stand right on them to ensure you get the hit.
For chest seal, the safe spot from the fire fields next to them is close enough and you can just hit 4 whenever you have the charge.
For the arm seals with the purple barriers that come up, I usually stand a couple of steps away and back up while hitting 4. This hits the seal and prevents me from getting knocked down.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The hammer #4 skills range was reduced from around 240 to 130 quite some time ago. Best bet to guarantee a hit on the seal is to have stability on from the #3 skill or external sources and just facehug the seal to ensure you hit it.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Do you mean the tooltip range was reduced? My dagger tooltips on thief read 150, and my max range is 261.

Always turn 90 degrees to your target, it’s where your max range is btw.

Taku.6352

The skill range as was reduced. You used to be able to hit both leg seals at the same time when standing between them but not anymore and used to be able to hit the arm seals from behind the arm itself so you wouldn’t be exposed to the chanters. But I presume the range was nerfed because of those 2.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

The hammer #4 skills range was reduced from around 240 to 130 quite some time ago. Best bet to guarantee a hit on the seal is to have stability on from the #3 skill or external sources and just facehug the seal to ensure you hit it.

You can do this to guarantee a hit.

Eventually, you should be able to learn how far to stand to still hit the seal and not get knocked back when the shield pops up.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

In my experience CC is also a thing, so you might wanna prepare some stability for that. If you get CC’ed by an enemy or reach 30 stacks while breaking the seal, it fails and you lose the charge. I’ve had some occasional misses as well and I figured it was probably due to some random CC rather than bad range. It is actually pretty easy to reach to the seal without being knocked back. You just gotta watch for your stacks and enemies.

Taku.6352

None of the mobs in cliffside have any CC with the exception of archdiviner.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Another thing to pay attention for is- have no mob selected as target. Especially when fighting at the chest seal it’s quite easy to miss the seal when (accidently) having some foe behind you selected as your target, resulting in your toon swinging the hammer in the wrong direction. So always make sure you have no target selected before using hammer 4 on a seal

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.