Mist Essence: Too hard to get?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Super Fohd.6245

Super Fohd.6245

As most fractal players have probably noticed while working on their precursor for Ad Infinitum, you will need a fair amount of mist essence (all 3 tiers) to build the ‘’pre-precursors’’. Am I the only person that feels rather sad that this is based on RNG and that there is no other way to acquire it than to just either play a kittenton or grind for hours and hope for the best…

I’m actually going to farm it right now so if there are people on here that wanna do that, contact me ingame.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The vials, globs, and shards? I didn’t see that as a hurdle at all. Granted, I’ve been consistently running fractals and have a fair amount of stock. But, there’s also mystic forge recipes to break down higher grade mist material to its lesser counter parts. E.G. 1 shard can make 3 Globs of mist.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

It was intended to be a journey, to do something long enough to obtain the materials needed. Those who ran a lot of them already, will likely have a stockpile, where as those who only started doing fractals because of the backpiece will find their journey will take time (like it should).
Similar to how the pvp track requires materials we obtained through pvp (shards of glory I think) though the pvp ones are at least tradable.

(And if you spent all you essences before on crafting, bad luck I guess, I crafted too, but always kept a certain amount in my bank)

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I’ll say I haven’t gotten a single Shard since HoT came out, and I do fotm every day.

I know they changed the scale, but I dunno about the drop rate.

Either way, Im almost positive Im going to need a stack of Shards for Ad Infinitum, so I hope they make a change.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

You need 5 shards for the last tier (6, if you’re still missing the fractal condensator skin).

I did around 400 fractals according to my achievement counter and I don’t have that much vials/globs and not a single shard. I had to farm one or two globs for the tier 2 Ad Infinitum pre last week… worked quite okay in the grawl shaman fractal since there are quite many mobs (around 22-23 I think) at the start. I was nearly at 300% magic find with boosters and I still needed around 45 mins to get two globs. Could have been faster if I hadn’t farmed them solo, though.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

You need 5 shards for the last tier (6, if you’re still missing the fractal condensator skin).

I did around 400 fractals according to my achievement counter and I don’t have that much vials/globs and not a single shard. I had to farm one or two globs for the tier 2 Ad Infinitum pre last week… worked quite okay in the grawl shaman fractal since there are quite many mobs (around 22-23 I think) at the start. I was nearly at 300% magic find with boosters and I still needed around 45 mins to get two globs. Could have been faster if I hadn’t farmed them solo, though.

Vials drop in 1-30, globs in 31-49, and shards in 50+ only

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Super Fohd.6245

Super Fohd.6245

Right now I finished all collections for Unbound and i´m on the second crafting step, the one that requires 5 globs. I allready had the two previous fractal capacitors so i did have the craft the last one. All I´m trying to say is that it really sucks that there is no way to work this goal other than just playing a kittenton and then still having to get lucky.

There might be some cool other ways to make mist essence available:

• Buyable for a considerable amount of (pristine) fractal relics (once a day like they karma convertor)
  • Added to high level fractal dailies (would probably make them a ‘’non-mechanic’’ seeing how you will be swimming in them by just doing dailies)
  • Ascended salvaging (make spending 1 gold on a salvage kit at least kinda worth it)
  • Making them craftable (for example crafting a vial to hold the mist essence and then complete 5 or 10 fractals to fill it up)
  • Add them as a RNG based drop from fractal encryptions

Imo these alternatives offer fair ways to gain mist essence at a rate that wouldn’t make mist essence a ‘’non-mechanic’’ in creating fractal related gear.

Discuss?

(edited by Super Fohd.6245)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Drop rate isn’t that horrible and quite frankly 400 fractals is nothing. It’s a legendary after all, should require some grinding.

But then again fractals has been entirely casualized so w/e I guess. Give em all away.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You mean i wasn’t supposed to have nearly a full stack prior to HoT ?

Attachments:

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

I have a hard time remembering what mist essence is to be honest, and I have the backpack.
If it’s globs and shards => yeah if you ran fractals before, which I made a point of getting to 50 before HoT, so I had 3 month of regular fractaling, I have ton of those and never needed extra for this.

What my biggest issue was is stabilizing matrices. THe RNG on ring salvaging is horrendous. Salvaged 30+ rings hoping for that 10-20 rate, got couple 10s but that was it. Got 170 I think. so had to buy 100+ matrices which was around 100 gold.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

This is not really the actual problem. The real problem is sabilizing matrices, it’s really, really expensive. But well, it’s a legendary.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Vials drop in 1-30, globs in 31-49, and shards in 50+ only

The thing is that vials & globs also drops in 50+ which is dumb.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Just wait for after fractal patch when the buff matrices drop rate, wait awhile for more people to do fractals because of buffed rewards, and ofc wait awhile when not everyone is trying to craft unbound right this moment.

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

everyone getting less shards is a side effect from farming boss fractals(aka molten duo/swamp) i believe, the chances of getting one there are significantly diminished or non-existant compared to running a fractal with mobs

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

From my experience you can only get them from mobs that drop items. I got my shards from running 57 and 58 (Ascalon and Weapons Test) for the huge amount of trash mobs. You’re not gonna get any if you just do swamp / molten boss every day.

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

As most fractal players have probably noticed while working on their precursor for Ad Infinitum, you will need a fair amount of mist essence (all 3 tiers) to build the ‘’pre-precursors’’. Am I the only person that feels rather sad that this is based on RNG and that there is no other way to acquire it than to just either play a kittenton or grind for hours and hope for the best…

I’m actually going to farm it right now so if there are people on here that wanna do that, contact me ingame.

Stop running swamp / 2 big steroid dudes all day and you’ll have plenty.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Aetherblade Retreat is probably one of the best for essence drops in my experience, have had runs with 3 drops. Underground is also pretty solid.
But as others have said, you do swamp/molten duo every time, you wont get much.