Mistlock Instability: Social Awkwardness

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sketch Eight.9508

Sketch Eight.9508

Hello, im having problems with fracs trhat have the above mistlock,
it says wen players are attacking party members recieve AR damage,
the prob is i have 148 ar and fully ascended zerk gear on my reaper, i do fracs alot ankitten early finished master and expert tracks.
but for some reason whenever i do fracs with the above mistlock i die within seconds, it like i have no AR on me at sall.
Is there something im doing wrong as other team members are staying alive and i have no probs staying alive in any other fracs.
any info would help thank you.

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

I think there are some bug with AR currently, other day i was doing 91 ( Uncategorized ) that requires 134, i have 137, then i died instantly for agony, got kicked and called for wanted to being carry and not having AR, i didnt know what to say, as i could see why they would think i didnt have AR but when i joined alone to test, i didnt get damage ( as 137 is more than enough ).

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

You get 1 stack of ar for every party member next to you, this means that you can easily get 4 stacks at once and then 148ar are not enough.
Edit: Also because you wrote that you are reaper, there is a bug when you enter reapershroud or lichform and only have an offhand weapon equipped (this means that you use the mainhand weapon from the other weapon set), then only the ar from this offhand weapon counts.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Sketch Eight.9508

I use gs/staff i dont have an offhand wepor do you mean when im i repaer mode i use an offhand?
if so would not using reaper count.
and lastly what would be enough ar as i thought 148 would count?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Remember, that being affected by agony significantly reduces healing. If you constantly have agony on you, you get no healing and you die very, very fast.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My group got through social awkwardness by (when they remembered) keeping farther apart from each other. Only our healer was “allowed” to stack with others (during the relevant fights — some spots it didn’t matter).

For those levels, you might want to actually go with glassier builds — the more DPS you bring, the faster they end and while you have agony, you aren’t going to heal much anyhow.

This is one of the most challenging instabilities — I still can’t make my mind if it’s brilliant (because it forces us to rethink our tactics entirely) or if it’s horrid (because it doesn’t so much require better gameplay as it creates a weird niche that we never have to deal with again).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

The other thing to keep in mind is that on levels with that instability the mobs hit a lot harder, so you will also be taking a lot more regular damage.

Otherwise I just recommend making sure you have AR on all weapons you’re using.

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Hello, im having problems with fracs trhat have the above mistlock,
it says wen players are attacking party members recieve AR damage,
the prob is i have 148 ar and fully ascended zerk gear on my reaper, i do fracs alot ankitten early finished master and expert tracks.
but for some reason whenever i do fracs with the above mistlock i die within seconds, it like i have no AR on me at sall.
Is there something im doing wrong as other team members are staying alive and i have no probs staying alive in any other fracs.
any info would help thank you.

Firstly, why zerker gear on reaper? Valkyrie is optimal. You not only DON’T need the crit (since you can cap it with traits), the extra vit will give you more wiggle room for damage.

Also I am familiar with this issue. The best thing you can do is not stack in one spot, and try to keep your lifeforce up so you can camp shroud. I also find lifesteal food, and [“Rise!”]. Help a lot with this instability. It hurts like hell. Fractal potions help as well.

Sketch Eight.9508

k ty for the replies,ive chandeg my stats to vlkyrie so next ill buy the foods and potions,
hopefully it goes well.