Mistlock Sanctuary's Fractal Access

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

So I purchased a Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey thinking it would make my life easier, but if I join a group on LFG I can’t actually join them in the fractal from Mistlock Sanctuary. I have to go to Lion’s Arch anyway, because using the portal doesn’t get me in the same instance. It kind of defeats a fractal-centric exclusive area.

Fairly disappointed the entire reason I purchased the pass, to avoid going to Lion’s Arch to access fractals, isn’t fully functional.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

This and that i cant leave it to go anywhere in the world fast. i have to first use the portal and go to a town then wp where i want.

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

I have a fix for this that will be in the next patch.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I have a fix for this that will be in the next patch.

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

New patch is out since few hours now, why no fix to this?

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Sorry, I misspoke, I should have said, “the next patch with fractal and sanctuary updates”. It is coming very soon, apologies.

Hesacon.8735

Sorry, I misspoke, I should have said, “the next patch with fractal and sanctuary updates”. It is coming very soon, apologies.

Knowing it’s coming is great, no worries.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Is this also the patch that will give the sanctuary the ability to put us back to where we started/used the pass?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Is this also the patch that will give the sanctuary the ability to put us back to where we started/used the pass?

Yes.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Yes.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/200/acb.jpg

Have wanted this feature for so long

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Yes.

But will we be able to see the map and choose whatever waypoint we want? because put us back to where we used the pass it doesn’t really solve the problem… I don’t wanna have an extra loading screen

If I wanna go to do meta events, go to HoT maps, Living Story or going to whatever maps for stuff for my collections I will need 2 loading screens or 3 in case I need to join an instance :/

I just wanna go directly to the place I need.

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Yes.

But will we be able to see the map and choose whatever waypoint we want? because put us back to where we used the pass it doesn’t really solve the problem… I don’t wanna have an extra loading screen

If I wanna go to do meta events, go to HoT maps, Living Story or going to whatever maps for stuff for my collections I will need 2 loading screens or 3 in case I need to join an instance :/

You will be able to open the map, tab down a floor, zoom out, and select tyria waypoints.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Yes.

Can we get the same QoL on the other passes?

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Yes.

You will be able to open the map, tab down a floor, zoom out, and select tyria waypoints.

Nice thank you!! o

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Yes.

At this point, no. It is actually not possible to do this in lounges that are in open world maps because of how we export character position on map transition.

zealex.9410

Yes.

This is actually an amazing fix thanks. Any word for the fractal gate btw? I cant w8 to never go outside of mistlock sancuary ever again.

Hesacon.8735

Yes.

This is actually an amazing fix thanks. Any word for the fractal gate btw? I cant w8 to never go outside of mistlock sancuary ever again.

It’s coming at the same time. For me with fractals, wvw, and the mistlock sanctuary I’ll never need to leave the mists. Why would anyone want to? Balthazar has his priorities mixed up.

It would be cool to explore the connection between the wvw mist war and fractals in a fractal at some point. Start at a supply camp and flip a keep. The desert Borderlands lords could make an appearance.

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

Yes.

At this point, no. It is actually not possible to do this in lounges that are in open world maps because of how we export character position on map transition.

You should be able to do it for Noble’s Folly though, right? Since it’s an instance, not open world?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yes.

Thanks. Gonna buy it once I get my gems from the PoF order. Been waiting for a pass that can put us back to where we started (had bought airship and it just sits there doing nothing since I want to be able to return to where I started. And I doubt I can get a refund for it from support).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Hesacon.8735

Yes.

You should be able to do it for Noble’s Folly though, right? Since it’s an instance, not open world?

There are waypoint redirects, like when you try to waypoint to a contested waypoint. An extra variable should allow some sort of redirect to selected waypoint after they leave the map, instead of doing it on map leave if that’s the issue.

It seems like the technology is mostly there.

Posted by: Gaesesagai.9421

Gaesesagai.9421

I’m really happy to hear a fix (or multiple fixes) are coming for MS (Mistlock Sanctuary). Absolutely love the place. As a side note I’m curious about the new POF lounge I got for preordering and what it could possibly have to make it even remotely compete with MS for me (though I imagine some new utility, and of course the “new shiny” and most likely awesome landscapes heh).

Now about the MS fractal gate/join bug.
This has been partially fixed right after the lounge was launched, as far as I’m aware. Meaning, now you can use the MS gate to join a fractal group, but ONLY if they are still in the lobby (Observatory). If your group teleports to one fractal, then the MS gate will port you to a different instance lobby (Observatory). And in that case the only way to join your group is to go to Lion’s Arch and use the on screen promt.

My question is:
Isn’t it possible to have the MS behave the same way as LA in this regard? Meaning, isn’t it possible to have the game offer you the same “type” of on screen promt when you are both in LA and MS (at least when it comes to fractals)? So that, whenever you use lfg and join a group, regardless of whether they are inside the fractal lobby or a fractal, you get an on screen promt inside MS to join them (one that actually works like the LA one and gets the job done).

Other than that, the MS is perfect!

zealex.9410

I’m really happy to hear a fix (or multiple fixes) are coming for MS (Mistlock Sanctuary). Absolutely love the place. As a side note I’m curious about the new POF lounge I got for preordering and what it could possibly have to make it even remotely compete with MS for me (though I imagine some new utility, and of course the “new shiny” and most likely awesome landscapes heh).

This has been partially fixed right after the lounge was launched, as far as I’m aware. Meaning, now you can use the MS gate to join a fractal group, but ONLY if they are still in the lobby (Observatory). If your group teleports to one fractal, then the MS gate will port you to a different instance lobby (Observatory). And in that case the only way to join your group is to go to Lion’s Arch and use the on screen promt.

My question is:
Isn’t it possible to have the MS behave the same way as LA in this regard? Meaning, isn’t it possible to have the game offer you the same “type” of on screen promt when you are both in LA and MS (at least when it comes to fractals)? So that, whenever you use lfg and join a group, regardless of whether they are inside the fractal lobby or a fractal, you get an on screen promt inside MS to join them (one that actually works like the LA one and gets the job done).

Thats the other big bug it has. The gate should sent you in the correct instance but it doesnt. The devs are looking into it.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

My question is:

Thats the other big bug it has. The gate should sent you in the correct instance but it doesnt. The devs are looking into it.

If there’s a gate there, and it sends you to the right instance once the fix is in, there’s no need for a “return to where I came from” option for open world PvE is there.

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

All the fixes are in now. You should be able to join your party in fractals whether they start from LA or from the mistlock sanctuary, and there is a “return to previous map” option in the center portal. You can also waypoint to Tyria from the world map if you click to the lower floor in the bottom right hand corner.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

That QoL return to previous map feature makes the mistlock sanctuary the only pass anyone would ever need. Since you can also return to where you came from with the Home Portal Stone from the home Instance, I’m puzzled to why it cannot be added to the asura gates in other lounges. Everything is instances right?

Posted by: Syuan.2047

Syuan.2047

Mistlock Sanctuary seems good now.But I have another question,I cant see the location on chat window when I press the tag from my friends.

Posted by: Orb.7635

Orb.7635

I think the pass it’s great but… is not possible to camp your characters in the mistlock sanctuary ?

We have 2 loading screens if we want to do that… kinda annoying although I had SSD is still slow.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think the pass it’s great but… is not possible to camp your characters in the mistlock sanctuary ?

We have 2 loading screens if we want to do that… kinda annoying although I had SSD is still slow.

Considering it’s got access to fractals as well as everything other passes have I think it’s a fair trade off. It is straight up the best pass atm because of that and it’s central location in core Tyria making WP costs essentially very low.