Mom/Dad Aggro in dungeons and fractals. =/

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

While I don’t mind grouping with younger players, heck… more often than not they play better than I do. But please… please please, for the love of god, if you don’t have time to form a group without at leas a 30 minute window to finish… please don’t advertise and form a group for dungeons or any other content that requires a significant amount of time to complete.

Twice tonight I got into a group that was running fractals, and both times players dropped due to parent aggro and left a few of us hanging.

I don’t mind rushing to finish. But when we’re on fractal 2 of 3, and we’re on an even numbere’d fractal level, the last thing I want to hear is a couple players say “We only have 30 minutes left, mom is about to kick us off.”

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

haha ive never heard anyone said that but would so hate it if it happened to me

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

Losing one or two for Maw is no big deal. I did it with 3 once or twice with little issue (highest time being FotM 9). However I do agree that it is more than a bit annoying when people leave for random reasons so often. I think all my runs 5+ have had at least one drop out for any number of reasons.

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

lol that is the worst kind of aggro

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Just wait for the mom/dad dc)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

I bet they were actually adults who got invited by their friends to a movie, but didn’t wish to kitten you more by saying so.

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

I had a guildie once who had wife aggro during a raid.
He was back in about 10 minutes lol.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Yeah, I know that problem. I myself is usually quite good at estimating the time when I get into the aggro bubble. But usually I’m abe to pop some sort of immunity untill the dungeon ends.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

I ninja afk-ed a lot as a Burglar in LoTRO. If a Burglar tells you he hasn’t ninja afk-ed ever, he’d be lying.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

It might be somewhat mitigated if Fractals worked like other dungeons and you could grab a 5th who would join you.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

This has been happening in MMOs since like forever.

It’s the reason most guilds only recruit 18+ aged players.

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

One of the several reasons why my guild only accepts 18+ players. And why I stick to guild groups for dungeons.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

hey, sometimes you got wife/baby aggro. it’s not related to age. One of the pug members’ baby woke up yesterday when we’re inside TA and he needed to leave.

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

It also happened to my groupo: took 1 pug and halfway the first fractal he tell us that it is late and he stops after that…. -.- He could know it was late before joining….

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Fractals are quite rough on people with play schedules that may be unpredictable or that cannot accommodate an extended time if the run goes slowly. It is probably the main reason why I don’t do fractals. However there are some things that you can do.

Skill: Cooking Dinner & Cleaning Up.
Activation time 40 minutes.
Prepare a sumptuous feast granting vitality and curing hunger from your entire party.
Also grants immunity to wife aggro for 90 minutes.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

When run can take anything between 0.5-3 hours (ok bit extreme but possible) I can perfectly understand why this can be issue for some people.

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

Not had this happened to me tbh, but I have had people dc on 2nd fractal lots of times, so I can imaging its the same sort of annoyance.

Posted by: Komuflage.2307

Komuflage.2307

hey, sometimes you got wife/baby aggro. it’s not related to age. One of the pug members’ baby woke up yesterday when we’re inside TA and he needed to leave.

I don’t understand why that would be a reason to leave.
From my own experience I play in a group of 5 where 2 of us have small children, if there is any problem (They wake up, they start to scream etc) we just take a brake and let them handle their children, and once that’s done we continue playing, in a 4-5H playing season we maybe have to w8 20-30 minutes and personally, I don’t see that as a problem.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I don’t understand why that would be a reason to leave.
From my own experience I play in a group of 5 where 2 of us have small children, if there is any problem (They wake up, they start to scream etc) we just take a brake and let them handle their children, and once that’s done we continue playing, in a 4-5H playing season we maybe have to w8 20-30 minutes and personally, I don’t see that as a problem.

20-30 mins lost for a 4-5 hour session is a much better ratio than I can manage. I’m lucky to be able to complete my dailies while my youngest is awake. My wife and I wait for the kids to fall asleep before starting a dungeon, but one loud noise, bad dream, or other distraction later, we’ve got a 2-year old on a lap that wants to sleep, cuddle, push the keyboard away, and make us jump (asurans, don’t jump, they hop—because they look like rabbits to her).

If the older two are up, well, the poblems they cause scale up with age. Suffice to say, as a general rule, any kid-based interruption means our gaming session ends for the night.

As noted, this is not related to to age—this happens to people all the time. One of my favorite stories involves a kid stopping a BWL raid in WoW by saying “hold on guys, my mom is making me clean my room.” However, this could just as easily have been “hold on guys, my son just got home from school and it is repot card day, I have to go make him ice cream or beat him, I’m not sure which yet” or “my daughter just ran in the door crying” or “the baby woke up” or “work just called, I need to go to the office now” (saw this one many times; favorite reason: there was an office fire the day before a major audit) or “the baby just fingerpainted the walls with poop” (not my baby, thankfully, but I’ve seen this one before) and the ever-classic “afk; cat on fire”. The other night one of our members stopped early on in the cliffside fractal and didn’t answer right away. After a little while, he came back with the comment “Sorry, i was vomiting. I think i got the flu.” He finished the run (with many AFKs), but it goes without saying we didn’t ask him to carry the hammer.

These things happen and are generally beyond your control. As I’ve gotten older, I find I actually have more issues pulling me away from the game, not fewer, and they are more likely to be of the have-to-deal-with-it-now variety.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

brb, my goldfish is on fire

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

The thing about mom/dad/wife/husband/baby aggro is that it’s usually random. People can’t plan for aggro to happen (at least 100% plan). Things come up and real life has to take precedence over the game.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer