More DC's after the last patch?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kBoom.3748

kBoom.3748

Hi,

I never had any problems with DC’s prior to the instance owner patch.
After the patch i DC every 3rd Arah solo run when trying to sell it.
Its quite annoying.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Subsequently i ask myself:
Does A-Net not want Dungeons to be soloed and sold anymore?

[CoN] Ares | WvW Officer | GvG Core

…still improving…

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Since the september 9 patch server lag and DCs have increased a lot for me. Often we’re on TS doing a dungeon and everyone calls out they’re lagging at exactly the same time. >_>

It isn’t limited to instances though from what I can tell.

As for your second question, I’m sure Anet wouldn’t mind it if path selling stopped, but I seriously doubt they’d make you dc on purpose. :P

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I hear EU has been having lots of problems. As for myself I have no connection problems.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

On Eu server have had lots of problems with lag and connectivity in the past month. I really hope they can solve the problem.
Some days are ok, but on someday I get disconnected 5 times in two hours.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I have definitely more lags and more disconnects in all areas of the game since about the September update.

All the 2 years before I had rock stable connections – about 1 disconnect in 2 months at most, or less, and no skill lag (ok, some in Claw of Jormag fights). Now I have about 1 disconnect per day and skill lags every now and then (on for every 30-60 minutes, I would say). Instances or open world PvE, all the same. I play from the EU.

It’s really annoying and reminds me of the BWE’s, where the connection was perhaps even better than now.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Are you guys posting in an active thread in the Tech Support forum? Or submitting a ticket? I think the team is gathering info on this, so feel free to provide the requested info if you want to do so. It could help solve any problems over which we have control. (I mean, we can’t solve issues with an ISP or an Internet backbone problem — the stuff that is outside our data center, somewhere between you and us — but with data from players, we’ve nailed other latency issues in the past.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Every evening I had memorable lags or disconnects, I post in the thread in the Tech Support forum. It’s 3 or 4 posts already. Should I really open support tickets in addition? I assumed the thread is enough for this mass problem.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Since the september 9 patch server lag and DCs have increased a lot for me. Often we’re on TS doing a dungeon and everyone calls out they’re lagging at exactly the same time. >_>

Yeah. Same here. Sometimes there are up to 4 people dc’ing at the same time. But…
“It’s not our problem, it must be your connection! Or… what are your pc specs?”
Bah.

On an unrelated note, playing a single-player for a bit helps releasing the stress caused by this unbearably laggy game.
/goes back to playing ME

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

As much as I’d like to blame it all on Time Warner Cable, it’s not all their fault this time.

Posted by: Rhinala.1739

Rhinala.1739

I was in AC explorable path 1 few days ago and the team had constant lag and DC, this wasn’t the type of lag that effected one player it effected the entire team, players from different part of the world received DC and lag and the same time, an indication that the DC and lag are not a local problem. The most annoying error in the dungeon was that when the final boss reached about 25% HP we received a huge lag spike and 2-3 members got kicked from the game. tried to continue the dungeon 8 until we left.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

It’s insanely bad, and not only in dungeons. A full group is absolutely necessary when doing world bosses because dcs are so common, I had a lag spike while waiting for megadestroyer (pre event hasn’t even started iirc) and when things started moving again 3/5 members of my party were offline. I dc multiple times a day, in open world, in instances, during big boss fights, and while standing around on an empty map doing absolutely nothing (camping eye of zhaitan pre). I’d make a bug report but the only thing my dcs/crashes have in common is that I was playing gw2 at the time.