More Zerker Meta... thanks for nothing Anet

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I know it’s hard to believe, but some of us don’t want to play zerker.

I went down to VB on my ele, where all the cool kids stand around (ensuring that bladed armor will never drop for anyone ever again), and I asked the crowd that had gathered “Anyone want a cleric ele?”

Syrian refugees get a warmer welcome in texas…..

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: SongOfDestruction.2984

SongOfDestruction.2984

Ooh, BRILLIANT! Your one experience on the opening day of raids TOTALLY disproves any action that anet has done! Especially when that experience was with other players who most likely haven’t even tried the raid yet, and certainly haven’t beaten it. Please, regale us with even more tales of your tiny sample size and how they utterly disprove literally everything.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

It’s only the first day, and from the looks of the forums the groups going full zerker are not having much luck (they are trying to kill it quickly enough that the mechanics won’t kill them, but it isn’t working). Give it a few days while people figure stuff out, or join a guild where that doesn’t happen

EDIT: It’s not Anet’s fault that people in the community aren’t nice.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

Ooh, BRILLIANT! Your one experience on the opening day of raids TOTALLY disproves any action that anet has done! Especially when that experience was with other players who most likely haven’t even tried the raid yet, and certainly haven’t beaten it. Please, regale us with even more tales of your tiny sample size and how they utterly disprove literally everything.

best post I’ve seen all day!

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

It’s the first day and speed clears are already a thing. 1 tank, 1 healer in zerker gear, and the rest is a mix of condi and zerker dps.

…and how many hours of spamming “cleric ele, or cele ele lfg” does it take for it to sink into a person’s head, that they’re not wanted.

“raid looking for 1 or 2 dps” …that’s all you ever see.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

It’s the first day and speed clears are already a thing. 1 tank, 1 healer in zerker gear, and the rest is a mix of condi and zerker dps.

…and how many hours for spamming “cleric ele, or cele ele lfg” does it take for it to sink into a persons head, that they’re not wanted.

It’s not about speed clears. You need high dps in order to beat the enrage timer. It remains to be seen if that is good or bad design. But as of now it is certainly not about speed clears.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Are you implying that because people did not welcome OP for being a cleric ele, they aren’t nice?

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I’m really curious if cleric ele will be worth building. Would the toughness not cause any problems? What about magi?

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

It’s only the first day, and from the looks of the forums the groups going full zerker are not having much luck (they are trying to kill it quickly enough that the mechanics won’t kill them, but it isn’t working). Give it a few days while people figure stuff out, or join a guild where that doesn’t happen

Game design decisions do influence community behaviour, With raid being designed the way it is, teams are forced to cherry pick certain builds/ professions, the onus is on the dev.

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

DPS is always gonna be the focus when you have 8 minutes to kill it.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

Judging by how long it takes to get World Bosses to die, I don’t think that many players are actually using Berserker’s gear. From what people ping in chat, it looks like they’re actually using Celestial, Cleric’s or Knight’s.

Most World Bosses are not melting, as someone recently posted. Even The Shatterer is holding his own. Probably because 90% of the players are using ranged weapons standing on the nearby debris. Hey, maybe that debris should be removed too.

Posted by: KittyKitty.9234

KittyKitty.9234

Zealot will be better than Cleric’s because of the enrage timer. (Power/prec/healing power).

The boss follows who ever has the highest toughness, so full Cleric may not be ideal. I’m running Druid with Ascended Zealot armor/weapons and Cleric accessories and I don’t have problems finding a group and my survivability/healing power is still pretty strong with more DPS. But that’s just my opinion!

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

LOL.

Posted by: BlaqkDeath.6702

BlaqkDeath.6702

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/CnwxXciobVY

Watch this video Wp plays is groups supporter so shut and find a group that will take you don’t try once then give up and he does it on lys his ele

Arnie

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

DPS is always gonna be the focus when you have 8 minutes to kill it.

DPS will still be the focus even if you had until the next patch to beat the boss, ( even then you still have another hour ;p ), a timer doesn’t change that fact IMO

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

…and how many hours of spamming “cleric ele, or cele ele lfg” does it take for it to sink into a person’s head, that they’re not wanted.

Whose speed clearing it? Who has even beaten it at all? I don’t know of many. I know of a couple that beat the very first boss, but no one that has beaten the entire wing at all.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Judging by how long it takes to get World Bosses to die, I don’t think that many players are actually using Berserker’s gear. From what people ping in chat, it looks like they’re actually using Celestial, Cleric’s or Knight’s.

Most World Bosses are not melting, as someone recently posted. Even The Shatterer is holding his own. Probably because 90% of the players are using ranged weapons standing on the nearby debris. Hey, maybe that debris should be removed too.

like the crates on the golem mark collapsed under players weight

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

I’m really curious if cleric ele will be worth building. Would the toughness not cause any problems? What about magi?

A cleric ele would be healer and tank at the same time unless nobody has more toughness. I had fun yesterday healing my team with a mix of zealot and cleric while kiting (some ppl would call it tanking) the boss arround.

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

It’s either the zerker and jack-of-all meta or the holy trinity and ANet decided to put an enrage timer to further encourage the former. Their choice ;D

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Watch this video Wp plays is groups supporter so shut and find a group that will take you don’t try once then give up and he does it on lys his ele

Quoting this because it needs more attention. It’s pretty obvious to those who have been paying attention that you need to focus some portion of your group to healing and at least one play to being a bit more durable.

An enrage timer only means bring full DPS IF those DPS can live without any additional support. This seems to not be the case.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Quoting this because it needs more attention. It’s pretty obvious to those who have been paying attention that you need to focus some portion of your group to healing and at least one play to being a bit more durable.

An enrage timer only means bring full DPS IF those DPS can live without any additional support. This seems to not be the case.

Indeed. Group sustainability and stability are keys to efficiency. Maximizing DPS for all members is not efficient if people are going down a lot.

What’s the current consensus on best classes for full support build? Ele and Guard are kind of no-brainers, but what about Revenant and Engi?