More and Better Dungeons And/Or Instances

More and Better Dungeons And/Or Instances

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

I assume most have ran a few times at least in Fractals of the Mist and I was wondering what people might think about Anet actually giving some worth while updates and improvements. In FOTM, you sometimes have to actually do more than just attack to get through them and after completing 3 areas you get the 4th for the boss.

I would like to see dungeons and instances similar to story instances where 5 player group up but can run some content and fight bosses similar to the world bosses for loot that is as good as from the world bosses. I’d like this as a way to optionally avoid the mindless and time wasting massive zergs of 100-150 going from zone to zone to kill world bosses as fast as possible with no effort or skill involved.

We get a world boss like Tequatl and although it should be a very easy world boss, we have people going AFK, we have people laying dead and not using the WP which takes away from damage being dealt to the boss. We then have people reviving those that are down and not dead but too often accidentally reviving those that are dead which takes longer and takes from the person reviving being able to deal damage or contribute to the fight otherwise.

Adding some new and improved dungeons and instances where we can group up with a much smaller group of people to fight bosses like these world bosses but with actual mechanics like seen in FOTM. I would prefer this not to be a part of FOTM because FOTM is more focused on ascended gear. I would like this just for an alternative so we could avoid those giant mindless zergs more. I don’t want to go to Shatterer and auto attack or spam different skills and a few minutes later collect my loot and move on. That’s almost boring.

Living Story usually includes some sort of instance but it’s temporary content and often completely pointless and mostly time wasted in the end. Maybe Anet could modify LS to give the new content but afterwards leave new dungeons and instances. Maybe they could stop with the content that lasts 2-4 weeks usually and modify it more to make it worth doing.

What if a boss like the Shaman MAW or whatever he was called, there’s one similar in FOTM, what if one like that was placed into a dungeon or some sort of instance where 5 people group up to fight it and can get the same type of reward from it but in the process being able to avoid the massive zergs putting on a light show of particle effects making the fight feel pointless.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about this. I don’t read through the forums that much so I wanted to just create a thread.