Mossman Question

Mossman Question

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

Q:

Does the Mossman have a skill/attack that he uses when he comes out of stealth? When fighting him last night, he would come out of stealth and without seeing any animation our healths would go from full to zero or close to zero in one tick. Is this avoidable?

As much as I have done Fractals I seem to rarely ever get this one so I am a bit unfamiliar with the Mossman at the end of the stage.
Thanks!

ps. this was in a lvl 14 run

Mossman Question

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

A:

He is SUPPOSED to have an attack when he comes out of stealth. This is a huge hitting attack, and after level 10 I believe has agony with it.

The issue is, probably due to culling, he attacks before he comes out of stealth. It’s like a thief’s backstab + agony + huge HP.

I think it’s completely overkill. I believe Anet got so kitten at everybody for using the tree exploit, instead of banning all those people (because there are TONS!) they just decided to make him incredibly hard.

They are going to do the same thing to the colossus boss once they ‘fix’ that exploit.

The one strategy our group used was to have a designated kiter. He just runs in, grabs aggro, and runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. But when mossman stealths, make sure you stay away from the designated kiter =)

RIP in peace Robert

Mossman Question

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

agony shot and the oneshot when exiting from stealth

The first needs you to have agony resist and is almost invisible itself.

The second should have a long animation making it noticeable…if it wasn t for the fact that something 2 Patches ago went wrong and somtimes it kills you almost before becoming visible…

Workaround (will be fixed soon without solving the issue probably) is keeping the distance from him looking his position on the minimap.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Mossman Question

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

The strategy I use is dodging 1-2 seconds after he enters stealth, and dodge twice in a row. Usually I’ll get an “evade” message telling me I dodged his backstab. Usually works and he unstealths without having one shot me (I usually have aggro during this fight)

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Mossman Question

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

The trick is watch your mini-map if he’s agroed on you.. he carries on following you so when he disapeared you can run towards him and roll when you hit his icon. you will roll through him, and his axes will miss you when he de-cloaks.