Most FUN rotation.

Most FUN rotation.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Hey all! So I’ve been playing a Thief in PvE and PvP. I love PvP to death, and I do die often, but PvE just makes me snore hard due to the easy rotation. Is this normal?

Also, what profession/build is your favorite to play as you find it the most FUN? (fun does not have to mean most viable/effective, but just what tickles your brain)!

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

1. d/f ele
2. engi

In that order.

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: stephoa.7082

stephoa.7082

There’s nothing like a good dagger focus ele rotation imo.

Always looking for friends! Add me on EU or NA!

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

My only problem with D/F rotation on ele is that since it’s designed for long fights, and staff is so much better DPS, I never get the chance to see it because I always take the option for superior damage unless the utility (swirling) is needed for whatever reason.

The only exception I make for this rule sometimes is grenth in Arah P4. That crap is just too boring for me to bear sometimes. Need something to keep me awake.

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: stephoa.7082

stephoa.7082

My only problem with D/F rotation on ele is that since it’s designed for long fights, and staff is so much better DPS, I never get the chance to see it because I always take the option for superior damage unless the utility (swirling) is needed for whatever reason.

The only exception I make for this rule sometimes is grenth in Arah P4. That crap is just too boring for me to bear sometimes. Need something to keep me awake.

D/F only shines more than other builds in certain situations, but since OP is looking for fun rotations, I’m pretty sure most would agree d/f has a more active, dynamic rotation than staff’s.

Always looking for friends! Add me on EU or NA!

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I’m pretty sure most would agree d/f has a more active, dynamic rotation than staff’s.

As for those who don’t ….

Attachments:

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Nothing beats a good old engineer piano lesson.

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Yeah, I’m gonna have to go with D/F ele. I honestly dislike greatly how little of a rotation most classes have in this game.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Without a doubt warrior

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Sword ranger, while trying to time your dodge. Or eat hits.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

d/p thief + ricochet with traps and teleport skill.

I like “bouncing” from ennemy to ennemy randomly with number 3 and trying to apply traps while keeping my sense of orientation. xD

(con : ending up landing the finishing blow on rabbits or props)

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I just rolled my first engi on Saturday, but holy crap — so much fun. <3

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Engi gets my vote because it’s so crazy. By that I mean that there isn’t a simple order, with the way timers work you’re either leaving things on cooldown for quite some time, or you have to swap early to catch it, then back to something else, and ahhhh. For example Shrapnel is 5s, Blunderbuss is 10s, Flame Blast is 6s, acid bomb is 15s, jump shot 20s, freeze grenade is 20s, grenade barrage 27-30s. There’s not really a neat way to put those things together. Then add on if you use Hair Trigger, which is nice for bosses you want to keep immob going on, now your blunderbuss is 8s and jumpshot 16s. Fireforged Trigger, ohh Acid bomb is now 12s and flame blast < 5s.

So it’s interesting trying to maximize and attempt to keep all of that going in your head.

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

You will naturally learn every single CD when you play PvP

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Engi gets my vote because it’s so crazy. By that I mean that there isn’t a simple order, with the way timers work you’re either leaving things on cooldown for quite some time, or you have to swap early to catch it, then back to something else, and ahhhh. For example Shrapnel is 5s, Blunderbuss is 10s, Flame Blast is 6s, acid bomb is 15s, jump shot 20s, freeze grenade is 20s, grenade barrage 27-30s. There’s not really a neat way to put those things together. Then add on if you use Hair Trigger, which is nice for bosses you want to keep immob going on, now your blunderbuss is 8s and jumpshot 16s. Fireforged Trigger, ohh Acid bomb is now 12s and flame blast < 5s.

So it’s interesting trying to maximize and attempt to keep all of that going in your head.

And my god…with three kits and a weapon, there’s always something off cooldown. I find the blasting methods to be more fun, too. Lots of timing to keep track of to make sure everything hits on time.

Most FUN rotation.

Taku.6352

I hate it when I forget rifle mod on instead of fireforged trigger then try to do fractals and messing up my rotations all the time. >.<

Most FUN rotation.

Jerus.4350

PVP will surely help Iris now I just need to get better at it.

And yeah, blasting is pretty sweet… I still consider myself a bit noobish, mainly because I see some posibilities I don’t go for. Lay Healing Turret ->Lay Napalm -> Flame Blast -> Big ol’Bomb -> Swap bomb to Thumper and Use the toolkit blast -> Acid Bomb -> Shield4 -> Flame Blast. Should be doable and get 18 stacks of might pre fight, I haven’t tried yet though, best I’ve done is 12 leaving out either EG/BoB/Thumper for whatever. And, of course you could do more with the thumper even, drop it and use the skill after you use the toolkit, then swap it for your EG to acid bomb, now it’s 21 stacks.

Not sure I have the coordination to pull it all off though.

And exactly Taku, though don’t forget Infused precision… god that trait slot gets swapped so often.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Most FUN rotation.

Taku.6352

PVP will surely help Iris now I just need to get better at it.

And yeah, blasting is pretty sweet… I still consider myself a bit noobish, mainly because I see some posibilities I don’t go for. Lay Healing Turret ->Lay Napalm -> Flame Blast -> Big ol’Bomb -> Swap bomb to Thumper and Use the toolkit blast -> Acid Bomb -> Shield4 -> Flame Blast. Should be doable and get 18 stacks of might pre fight, I haven’t tried yet though, best I’ve done is 12 leaving out either EG/BoB/Thumper for whatever. And, of course you could do more with the thumper even, drop it and use the skill after you use the toolkit, then swap it for your EG to acid bomb, now it’s 21 stacks.

Not sure I have the coordination to pull it all off though.

And exactly Taku, though don’t forget Infused precision… god that trait slot gets swapped so often.

I rarely use infused precision tbh, easier to just take energy sigil and you still get endurance back from toolbelt skill in the normal 66002 build.

Most FUN rotation.

Jerus.4350

I’m a noob and there are never enough dodges!, I mean on Lupi I take tool kit, shield, perma vigor setup, and energy sigil. And in PUGs I still take elixer S (mainly for the bubbles that are bound to happen).

Most FUN rotation.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

At the moment, my hybrid power/condi sinister necro with condi Sceptre/Dagger and zerk dagger/focus. Naturally, not as powerful as a full power necro but more powerful than the old full rabid necro i used to use. Regular swapping of weapons to trigger the geomancy sigil and transferring conditions with off hand dagger 4. Stack a tonne of bleeds then charge in and dagger away. kitten fun