Most overpowered skill for each profession.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

So we had most useless, most used. Now let’s talk most overpowered.

Ele: Icebow
Warrior: Disc banner
Guardian: WoR
Mesmer: Timewarp
Thief: Black powder

Ranger,engie,necro: don’t care they sux.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Eles have the best tank EU, don’t know what you’re talking about

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

engie, don’t care they sux.

Attachments:

EcoRI.9273

sometimes the truth hurts :-D.

Painbow.6059

no

EcoRI.9273

no

ok fine sometimes my opinions offend people :-D

Painbow.6059

no

ok fine sometimes my opinions offend people :-D

High damage both single target and aoe
Access to a lot of blinds
Perma CC (immob)
Good defiance control
Condition removals
Water field/strong aoe heal
Lots of blasts
Stealth
Pulls (magnet)
Very good vuln stacking in longer lasting fights
Potential boon removal
Can leap very far
Perma burning
Low CD fire field (if bomb kit that is)
even has potential for other little things like stability and pulls ect too..

Yeah engi sucks..

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

To the OP:

Ranger: Frost Spirit (for what it’s worth lol)
Engi: Probably Grenade 1
Necro: kitten ed if I know. Epidemic gets my ‘most fun’ vote!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Necromancer: Down State 1

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

A banner, that can die. What an OP skill, indeed.

The ranger got downed #3, tho.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Windsagio.1340

A banner, that can die. What an OP skill, indeed.

The ranger got downed #3, tho.

Doin’ the best I can, man!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

“Mesmer” and “overpowered” in one sentence. For PvE, I think not… Blurred Frenzy would be the most used skill, while Portal would be the most characteristic.

Edit: Be assured that my words are expressed as literally as possible to avoid maha’s unnecessary OCD.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

Let’s agree on mesmer being “Situationally OP”.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

“Mesmer” and “overpowered” in one sentence. For PvE, I think not… Blurred Frenzy would be the most used skill, while Portal would be the most characteristic.

well what other game mode do you think this thread could be about, when it’s stuck in to the fractals and dungeons forum?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Engi: overpowered shot

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Awww cmon, downed state 3 was my favorite. Too bad you rarely get to use it…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Iris Ng.9845

well what other game mode do you think this thread could be about, when it’s stuck in to the fractals and dungeons forum?

Mesmer has no skills that would be considered triviallizing an encounter, or namely “overpowered”. If you say Feedback can nuke Lupi then Wall of Reflection could do the same thing. Is it overpowered enough to guarantee a nerf (which happens to to skills such as FGS, ice bow, black powder or healing signet)? Nope, I think not.

Untraited Warden used to be borderline overpowered. Right now none of the mesmer skills are worth called overpowered, in PvE.

No need to be hypersensitive. I don’t intend to open any debate over every single game modes here.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Iris Ng.9845

I would prefer Net Shot to Overcharged Shot. Both have their uses and I love them dearly. But Net Shot is truly underrated in PvP. Then I also love Slick Shoes for its ridiculously long CC duration. Using them against the Golems in Aetherblade fractal or against the Kitty Golems are so much fun! And not forget about our Elixir elite <3

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

:)

Sarahfull.4930

I would prefer Net Shot to Overcharged Shot. Both have their uses and I love them dearly. But Net Shot is truly underrated in PvP. Then I also love Slick Shoes for its ridiculously long CC duration. Using them against the Golems in Aetherblade fractal or against the Kitty Golems are so much fun! And not forget about our Elixir elite <3

But the pun :o

maha.7902

No need to be hypersensitive. I don’t intend to open any debate over every single game modes here.

Besides the part where you make it blatantly obvious that you have a burning urge to reference the e$port game mode.

well let me save you the time, mesmers aren’t overpowered there either. or WvW.

and nobody here in this subforum cares about helseth or sizer or whoever the randoms are who play pretend e$ports are.

Iris Ng.9845

Besides the part where you make it blatantly obvious that you have a burning urge to reference the e$port game mode.

and nobody here in this subforum cares about helseth or sizer or whoever the randoms are who play pretend e$ports are.

Why are you so salty? Really? Just want to stir up an argument with me and then ostracize me with “this forum doesn’t need your opinions on… etc”? Oh the off topic….

How cute! Just stop reading between the lines.

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Iris Ng.9845

You had me there! /o\

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I like my ranger. But if we want to talk about most overpowered in dungeons I am assuming the most optimum setup with classes and theres no room for ranger why did they make it so u have to choose quick draw OR the 10% sword thing for the new traits why T_T

Sarahfull.4930

You had me there! /o\

Ha! Haha! Iris you now owe me a hug!!

Back to overpowered stuff. Ele’s one is attenment switching: not only do you get 5 New skills, you can trait the attenment to give buffs!!

Edit: you guys have it all wrong about memsers btw. The most overpowered skill they have is illusion of life! What can be more OP than res’ing you whole party in one go :o

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

You had me there! /o\

Ha! Haha! Iris you now owe me a hug!!

Back to overpowered stuff. Ele’s one is attenment switching: not only do you get 5 New skills, you can trait the attenment to give buffs!!

Edit: you guys have it all wrong about memsers btw. The most overpowered skill they have is illusion of life! What can be more OP than res’ing you whole party in one go :o

So warbanner?

Sarahfull.4930

Indeed, cause you can also pick it up and hit things with it!

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This is somewhat true.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Iris Ng.9845

You can troll people by res-ing them with Illusion of Life when the boss is somewhat full HP :B

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Mesmer has no skills that would be considered triviallizing an encounter, or namely “overpowered”. If you say Feedback can nuke Lupi then Wall of Reflection could do the same thing. Is it overpowered enough to guarantee a nerf (which happens to to skills such as FGS, ice bow, black powder or healing signet)? Nope, I think not.

Untraited Warden used to be borderline overpowered. Right now none of the mesmer skills are worth called overpowered, in PvE.

The OP did not really go with skills that trivialize encounters. Because banner of discipline sure is not doing that.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

necro: spectral recall (when falling or failing jumping puzzle, that is)
or entering DS to prevent death (you can survive so many things – jade maw both normal and last gasp laser, falling in cliffside/uncategorized, vinewrath superattacks, able to activate safe damage soaking while being stunned, picking up cliffside hammer and entering ds during the picking up animation makes u pick it up but able to use ds, then just quit ds to hit seal, i love it)

Posted by: frifoxy.6014

frifoxy.6014

I’ll vote Sword #2 and #4 for mes. Most reliable offensive defensive skills we have. Block/Evade attacks and do 12k dmg, twice every ~10s, yes please. Sword 2/4 is pretty much the reason I can survive Subject Alpha and Lupi indefinitely without needing Energy sigils. In fact, I don’t even own any energy sigils on my mes…

Mesmer Calc: Power DPS | Condi DPS
Mesmer Data: Attack Rates & Coefficients
Other Stuff: Youtube

(edited by frifoxy.6014)

EcoRI.9273

The OP did not really go with skills that trivialize encounters. Because banner of discipline sure is not doing that.

Well can’t think of anything else on a warrior’s kit that is more OP than disc banner.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Well can’t think of anything else on a warrior’s kit that is more OP than disc banner.

It’s too defensive to have a place in the meta, but that double Endure Pain is pretty OP.

Or we could go all 2012 and say “HB OP anet pls nref T_T”.

Iris Ng.9845

Disc banner is useful, not OP. The only thing that can deem OP to me (for war) is Healing Signet. You don’t even need to use it 99% of the time but it keeps you alive no matter what.

@dlonie: We have Rampage, but that’s another story.

Iris Ng.9845

I’ll vote Sword #2 and #4 for mes. Most reliable offensive defensive skills we have. Block/Evade attacks and do 12k dmg, twice every ~10s, yes please. Sword 2/4 is pretty much the reason I can survive Subject Alpha and Lupi indefinitely without needing Energy sigils. In fact, I don’t even own any energy sigils on my mes…

I hope Anet doesn’t agree with you so that they would never nerf it. Blurred Frenzy is too good. Is it me or its evade counts as a distortion as well?

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

That’s a good one. You can taste the salt out of his sentences.Salty bc the “randoms” achieved sth he couldn’t achive :<

@b2topic:

Mesmer -Portal
Ranger – Spirit
Engi – nadekit
Warrior – discibanner
Guard – WoR
Nec – Wells (huge burst)
Ele – Icebow / staff itself

Grimkram [sS]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Phalanx Strength? faceroll max might is quite OP

Windsagio.1340

To be terrible and pedantic, ‘not a skill’

maha.7902

That’s a good one. You can taste the salt out of his sentences.Salty bc the “randoms” achieved sth he couldn’t achive :<

@b2topic:

Mesmer -Portal
Ranger – Spirit
Engi – nadekit
Warrior – discibanner
Guard – WoR
Nec – Wells (huge burst)
Ele – Icebow / staff itself

no salt here.

i would give a detailed response but …. meh.

EcoRI.9273

if only phalanx str was a skill. But yea that trait is stupid OP. I kind of wished there was a more skillful interaction with PS than just button mashing. Imagine if Phalanx str work this way: Everytime you sucessfully crit, the enemy drops an “essence of strength” in a random area around it. If you “pick it up” before this essence lands on the ground, you and your party gain 3stacks of might. Kind of like draven axe in league. So SICK!!1

maha.7902

i hope that was a joke because that actually sounds like a terrible idea

EcoRI.9273

Thats your opinion.

Iris Ng.9845

if only phalanx str was a skill. But yea that trait is stupid OP. I kind of wished there was a more skillful interaction with PS than just button mashing. Imagine if Phalanx str work this way: Everytime you sucessfully crit, the enemy drops an “essence of strength” in a random area around it. If you “pick it up” before this essence lands on the ground, you and your party gain 3stacks of might. Kind of like draven axe in league. So SICK!!1

Holding F while pressing 1. How does it make any difference? .__."

EcoRI.9273

Holding F while pressing 1. How does it make any difference? .__."

oh no, draven axe requires you to stand at a certain spot inorder for the skill to refresh. You don’t physically pick anything up. Think of it as intentionally getting hit by a small bloomhunger blossom attack to gain a buff.

Windsagio.1340

Thats your opinion.

I… I’ve gotta agree with Maha.

I hate that kitten dragonhunter trap too, “yay pick up pieces of aegis!”

such… a… silly… idea.

EcoRI.9273

i guess im the only one that likes draven mechanics q.q

maha.7902

i don’t actually think you’re aware of how terrible that idea was.

hundred blades, drop nine essences then circle strafe around the boss picking up essences? how is that even remotely interesting?

you should have at least gone all the way and just trolled and tried to describe some sort of puzzle mechanic. at least that way you’d draw the ire of the entire forum.

EcoRI.9273

nah hundred blades routes you in place so you wont be “picking” anything up.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I should have brought popcorn for this thread.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”