Most wanted/useful healing class for raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Retro.5810

Retro.5810

So I FINALLY was able to convince one of my friends to try play GW2 because finally he can play support/heals and raid. (He loves it) All this guy cares about is wanting to heal in raids and seeing those green numbers pop up.

I told him to try elementalist, but looking online Its hard to source a healing build so now I’m thinking there actually not used for healing in raids? Should he just play Druid? Can I get some tips on which class is currently popular for playing support/healing in raids. Were not very experienced and will probably join training groups, just need advice on which class to level. Thanks.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Just play druid. It is pretty much always the best. Even in the rare instances where alternative healers are considered, they are still used in addition to at least 1 druid. Druid is always a part of an optimal comp while still being just as easy to play as alternative healers, so no matter what skill level everything else is niche at best. Also anet has no intention of balancing this, or they have been hopelessly clueless how to since heart of thorns release.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

(edited by ArthurDent.9538)

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

The first healing class you gear up should be magi druid., because its the most common in pug group. Additionally its very easy to gear up.

Remember, you can easily get exotic magi armor and weapons from ascalonian catacombs (already includes the runes you want). Additionally you can buy exotic magi trinkets from karma vendors in orr.

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

As of last week, Elementalist is 2nd best healing class in PvE. They would be best if we only count healing output, however druid has way better buff/boon support.

Your normally see druid healers in raid, but groups would use elementalist for either training or facerolling.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

As of last week, Elementalist is 2nd best healing class in PvE. They would be best if we only count healing output, however druid has way better buff/boon support.

Your normally see druid healers in raid, but groups would use elementalist for either training or facerolling.

I’d take Ventari Rev over aura Ele any time. The ele can heal, but it does nothing to improve the damage output of the group. The rev can at least pump some alacrity and maybe give AP.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I’d take Ventari Rev over aura Ele any time. The ele can heal, but it does nothing to improve the damage output of the group. The rev can at least pump some alacrity and maybe give AP.

It is a toss up. If you are running either of them instead of another druid then you are just accepting a sub optimal DPS comp in general and just want to get the kill safely. In this situation, the larger radius on ele heals is often better for keeping people alive especially on fights where people are frequently spread out like for Matthias. It makes very little sense to say ventari is better because higher DPS when it is still so far behind druid in this regard that it can’t even compete.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

3rd druid wouldn’t do much about group dps. And I’ve only seen auramancer or ventari rev used as a 3rd healer, never a substitute for a druid.