My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quickninja.4359

Quickninja.4359

I was running p1 with my buddy on Arah for about 3 hours(we had problems with lupi) when were at the final boss we opened up the lfg. 2 people joined and kicked us out before we even knew what was happening. I was sad not so much because of the gold but because this dungeon would of been my first duo completion. Worse part was, the scumbags who did had about 13000 AP. (ET Server)

Moral of the Story: If two people join your party in a dungeon (Arah) at the same time you better kick one before they kick you.

GW2 life harder than real life =( the struggle is real!!!!

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

There is a reason why most dungeon sellers use proxies for selling their dungeons. I’m sure there’s always a friend or two that can join your party as a spot holder and afk till you find buyers.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I’m wondering how often other dungeon sellers hijack instances. For me they seem to be the prime suspect for this.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

I’m wondering how often other dungeon sellers hijack instances. For me they seem to be the prime suspect for this.

I mostly use pug groups and I’ve never been kicked out a instance so someone could sell the it. From my experience there are a lot more people who scam the sellers who legitimaly did the dungeon on their own.
A reason for this I can think of is that it is more likely to get banned if you scam other players by kicking them before the boss than stealing a seller’s instance.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: adragon.1234

adragon.1234

I’m confused by this. What are they selling exactly? I’m also not familiar with AP in this context.
I get that people are joining mid-dungeon parties and kicking the original members, but why?

“The only lasting peace is the peace within your own soul.” ~Ventari

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m confused by this. What are they selling exactly? I’m also not familiar with AP in this context.
I get that people are joining mid-dungeon parties and kicking the original members, but why?

For the kittens and giggles I guess.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

It’s like you can press a button and gain either $1 or someone you don’t know has a horrible experience. And there are no consequences for pressing the button. Why not press it?

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

It’s like you can press a button and gain either $1 or someone you don’t know has a horrible experience. And there are no consequences for pressing the button. Why not press it?

because one dollar isnt worth another persons pain.

But some people are sociopaths.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Or they just like pressing buttons!

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I’d like to share my gratitude to arena net for removing instance owner without any party leader function. This broke the game not only for sellers but also for normal dungeon runners trying to fill their parties with pugs.

This is only your fault arena net.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

I’m honestly perplexed at this.
It would seem logical that one seller would know the difficulties that can arise when selling, and wouldn’t wish them on another. In my experience other sellers are more often than not polite and not at all like the lfg trolls.

And if they hijack to sell, can’t you just rejoin and kick them back when they relist?

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I’m honestly perplexed at this.
It would seem logical that one seller would know the difficulties that can arise when selling, and wouldn’t wish them on another. In my experience other sellers are more often than not polite and not at all like the lfg trolls.

And if they hijack to sell, can’t you just rejoin and kick them back when they relist?

they could have kicking accounts, and seperate selling accounts i think.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I’d like to share my gratitude to arena net for removing instance owner without any party leader function. This broke the game not only for sellers but also for normal dungeon runners trying to fill their parties with pugs.

No, not really. This hurts the game for sellers and a small number of people doing weird specific things (like doing a solo/small-group run and then for some reason opening up for pugs, or having 2 people mysteriously quit at the end of a dungeon).

Every time this comes up you get a ton of ‘I don’t have any problems with this, even though I run many dungeons every day’.

Suddenly having 2 (or more) spots open at the end of Arah is a huge risk factor, but it’s also one that almost never comes up in normal play.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Suddenly having 2 (or more) spots open at the end of Arah is a huge risk factor, but it’s also one that almost never comes up in normal play.

I would love if everything could be balanced around “normal play” and its corollary “normal use”.

Maybe then we’d stop getting all the QQ about DPS meters and Inspect functions, or even gear/trait templates, because they would be QQing about things that fell out of the realm of “normal play” and “normal use”.

I would totally take that trade-off.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

No, not really. This hurts the game for sellers and a small number of people doing weird specific things (like doing a solo/small-group run and then for some reason opening up for pugs, or having 2 people mysteriously quit at the end of a dungeon).

Every time this comes up you get a ton of ‘I don’t have any problems with this, even though I run many dungeons every day’.

Yes, really. You go pug with no friends and they can kick you at every step of dungeon without any consequences. Before, you could open an instance and at least if they kicked you they were punished. Now it’s impossible.

It’s arena net’s fault only and if you narrow it only t sellers it’s not even half of the problem.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

The best option in m opinion would be to create party leaders.

So the person creating a party gets – I don’t know – a crown behind his name and is therfore the leader of the party. Making him invinsible to kicks.

I can’t understand why there is no function ‘going over a character’s health bar, showing multiple choosable options. One of this options could be showing his gear, build and times he kicked members or got kicked out of parties.’
The party’s leader should somehow focus on being a good leader or otherwise it will be shown in his information bar. So when joining – you can decide whether to stay or leave this party right away.

I love those people, pulling everything – dying – group wipes – range quitting. Sometimes there might really be a reason for getting kicked – there are exaptions.

Most of these people have two accounts. One of them is their real one with tons of AP and the other one is a second account which has fewer.
I can’t understand why people kick sellers anyways. I am not upset about the money I lose. I mean I can do the part again, effortlessly – I am more upset about people in general. If you want to earn gold do it the right way and not doing this bs.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Seurot.6509

Seurot.6509

I was running p1 with my buddy on Arah for about 3 hours(we had problems with lupi) when were at the final boss we opened up the lfg. 2 people joined and kicked us out before we even knew what was happening. I was sad not so much because of the gold but because this dungeon would of been my first duo completion. Worse part was, the scumbags who did had about 13000 AP. (ET Server)

Moral of the Story: If two people join your party in a dungeon (Arah) at the same time you better kick one before they kick you.

GW2 life harder than real life =( the struggle is real!!!!

Ive never done Arah and want to try it. But partly cause I see so many of these posts, I won’t pug it. Itd be so frustrating to spend the time and get kicked later.

And there’s probably a lot more times this happens, but noone posts anything about it. Seems like there’s people that just do this sort of thing regularly. Look for Arah groups to join and steal instances to sell.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Maybe if ANet ever implements the ability to hide people/groups based on block lists then people with known bad reputations would find themselves quickly without runs to jack.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I was on my necro earlier today and this guy called kiwipanda (a mesmer) had people come into his dungeon. He cycled through kicks of several people (while I was there for a while clearing the way alongside. Then a thief came in and aggroed behind me, died as we ran out of stealth and the mobs aggroed to me. He kicked me because I “aggroed”.

I then checked that same dungeon group and people were constantly kicked, and it was obvious he was using people to clear content so he could kick them and then sell the path. Because by the end he was completely alone despite saying he was gonna bring “competent” people in.

I would advise people to not even bother joining non-guild arah groups. That place is such a cesspool of the worst kind of people, it makes fractal 50 instakick of rangers and necromancers upon join look tame by comparison.

Get in a guild and do sales/dungeon run with guildies, this game has some of the most rotten people in the industry and my suspicion is on the focus on 5 man content — WoW LFD/LFR comes to mind to the kind of attitudes you find.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I PUG Arah regularly, honestly never had issues.

While I’m sure there are plenty of bad stories, I think it’s a terrible thing to assume it happens in all groups. Sure, most of my groups end up with me finishing off Lupi Solo and generally carrying newer players, but I can honestly say I’ve never been kicked, and the toxic groups I have been in were pretty obvious by the first boss and I simply left if I wasn’t enjoying myself.

My only complaint about Arah PUGs is how frequent they want to use the reflect exploit on Lupi, other than that they’re almost all fine for me

My Dungeon Stolen/Beware

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

My dungeon got stolen just now (after doing everything legit and spending around 3 hours) by someone who’s 1k ap. Couldn’t see the second one, because it didn’t show in chat. He was around 1k as well. I’m not even gonna report him, since it seems like the report does nothing. The last guy I reported in game is still actively playing. When I reported him from the site I got an automated message.

I don’t mind that my dungeon got resseted, because I was just practicing anyway. What I do mind is that the guy who kicked me got my dungeon.

I know that forum is forsaken from Arena net and no one is gonna see this, but if you do by some chance, please, revert the kick changes.

Glorious Human Master Race