My fault if warriors died from agony...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

So i ran fractals level 23 with a group of 1 mes 3 warriors and me as a Guardian, there was 2 warriors with 6k and 9k AP and everything went fine until Molten Berserker. What happened is, the 2 warriors were too bad at dodging and got stomped by agony from the waves, they eventually died and me too because i was the only one alive yet, then they accuse me for being the cause of the wipe because i didn’t res them which is pointless because when they were down they had 2 stack of agony. Then they start saying i suck and that i’m the bane of the group, the cause of all their problems because of my 2,6k AP. A sad thing happened then: they both kicked me for that. I actually never seen this before but kicking because i have less AP after all i did for them is disgusting. They can’t admit their own faults so they turned upon me and kicked me for that…

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

They are just bads who think AP means they are good. Had that happen recently a couple of kitten quality warriors got on a ele’s case about having only 600 AP and being underleveled in SE 3, kittened so much they downed since they were typing and not fighting. They then left the instance in the middle of a fight. Another guy kept repeating basic instructions the entire time. Eventually I just had enough and told him to shut-up, the 600 AP ele was the only person other than me (1hand sword zerk guardian) stacking might and boons since the rest of the party was only 1 step above bear-bows they had no room to kitten about a guy who played his class correctly and had watched the vids before going in.

(edited by notabot.3497)

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Except, AP is usually a good indicator if someone is good. A guy with 6k AP (especially a gold star) generally knows what hes doin, while a dude with 800 AP will usually end up dying or not doin enough dmg to begin with. It sucks, but thats the way it works. The warriors in your SE group were actually nice, they decided to leave instead of kicking the under-leveled 600AP ele.. which I would’ve most likely done, especially if the post was for a speed run. And I can guarantee you that while the lowbie ele might know the gist of what he was doin, there were many things he didn’t know..for instance optimal rotations, best gear/traits for situations. When I had around 600 AP, I’d sit in one spot and spam hundred blades, otherwise usually end up wiping or following others around. Stacking might/boons isn’t that hard either btw..just requires pressing a button or two. I dunno how you would equate that with being experienced with your class.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

Well when you see someone use combos to stack more than the usual 3-6 stacks of might and keep team fury going while doing their own DPS its a sign that the player is at least competent. When you see a player dodge out of friendly firefields, not use finishers, down frequently, use bad dungeon weapons (usually ranged ones), have a bear on their rotation, too many signets that are left on passive, and similar stuff, it means they are bad. A low AP player just means they are new. A high AP player means they have played a bunch. Time =/= quality. Hell I’m 6k+ and barely competent. Yeah, I can carry a bad pug as long as they follow directions, but I can’t solo any content, and I need to watch a video guide before doing new things. I’ve known low AP players who blew threw content I shy away from. Heck the guys blowing through dungeons before we knew how to do them had APs when they did them at levels that groups filter out now.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I’ve seen players with under 1k achievement points that are significantly better than some with over 15k. Sure a few thousand points is more of a safe bet since it shows at least a bit of experience but in no way should it ever be a deciding factor.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Because we need brains to play fractals not just AP.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A lot of players tend to blame others for their failures. Either it’s lag, “dumb” mechanics, or another team member failed. Just ignore them.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

There is, at best, a loose correlation between ap and experience (i.e game knowledge). There is NO correlation between ap and skill.

Zelendel

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Except, AP is usually a good indicator if someone is good. A guy with 6k AP (especially a gold star) generally knows what hes doin, while a dude with 800 AP will usually end up dying or not doin enough dmg to begin with.

I used to think like that until the LS content made gaining/farming APs extremely easy by autoattacking in the middle of a zerg.
So when I see someone with 10k AP and a gold star the first thing that comes to my mind is twilight camping mesmers, bifrost-eles, juggernaut-guardians, the dreamer-thieves, etc.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Really high AP values involve PvP tho so you can usually bet on those to be able to dodge.

No stable correlation of course.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

your only job as a guard is remove condition,corectly use of your aoe aegis and reflection other things are optional and variable from dungeon to dungeon

btw have see player with 1k ap play better then some 10k ap (im not so pro but some player are indecent)

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

(edited by SoliSnake.9457)

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

On a related note, I saw a group in the LFG tool looking to run AC path 1 with the min requirement of 4k AP. I thought it was hilariously absurd considering it’s technically the low level beginner dungeon.

I also saw a group wanting to run fractals lvl 1 with a 20 AR requirement and experience was necessary. Are these people serious?

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

They’re probably just sick of completely terrible players, newbies, people who can’t read and/or idiots.

You should try pugging AC p1 once in a while. No guild members or friends.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

They’re probably just sick of completely terrible players, newbies, people who can’t read and/or idiots.

I pug multiple paths of AC daily and most of the time things go smoothly. Sometimes it’s a party full of 80’s or a mix of people down to their mid 30’s and sometimes the non 80 fully geared players perform better than their high level team members.

AC’s exploreable mode BEGINS at level 35 for low level or new players to get their feet wet and gain experience. Asking for 4,000 achievement points at such entry level content is ridiculous. Same as asking for experienced players in a reward level 1 fractal and wanting agony resistance in an are where there is none. These are examples of eliteism being way over the top and out of proportion. It’s like requiring a bachelor’s degree to work at McDonalds.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Mmm.. relax, & turn a page.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Haha, yeah. Funny how it’s easier to drag bad pugs through arah than AC. I had three players with less than 900 AP and one with 1500 AP for Arah p2 last night, only the 1500 guy had run arah before. Sure it took about 45 mins, but I’m not sure I could have completed any AC path with them.

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

So i ran fractals level 23 with a group of 1 mes 3 warriors and me as a Guardian, there was 2 warriors with 6k and 9k AP and everything went fine until Molten Berserker. What happened is, the 2 warriors were too bad at dodging and got stomped by agony from the waves, they eventually died and me too because i was the only one alive yet, then they accuse me for being the cause of the wipe because i didn’t res them which is pointless because when they were down they had 2 stack of agony. Then they start saying i suck and that i’m the bane of the group, the cause of all their problems because of my 2,6k AP. A sad thing happened then: they both kicked me for that. I actually never seen this before but kicking because i have less AP after all i did for them is disgusting. They can’t admit their own faults so they turned upon me and kicked me for that…

Don’t bother. Next time someone say you suck because you have less achievements, tell them you don’t need to be living story farmer to play well. People think that those with 10k+ are the best players, but most of them are just farmers who play mostly in Living Grindfest and usually are worse than others. Just tell them to shut up and learn to play, I would also report them for that kind of behavior. Don’t let them think they are better and have a right to insult you. Find a guild with nice people and avoid pugs, LFG community in this game is repulsive.