My future prediction with improved AI

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Currently with dungeons/fractals being 2~3 years old with barely any updates, people have gotten used to tactics. And now we have some “visionaries” who wants AIs to dodge away from AOE and such. And we also have some people who wants challenging group contents from 5~20 people in an instance. But I feel so bad when majority of communities blindly agree to those “visionaries” wishing for improved AIs when currently people still fail hard at simple coordination such as blasting stealth/might and have to rely wall on wall trick to by pass the Giant Lupicus.

With any members of speedrunning guilds with voice comps and group experience, it is just a longer fight with mobs randomly dodging, but still doable. However when pugs can’t even comprehend that mobs can be blinded in smoke fields, it is like seeing cows wanting to go into a slaughterhouse. I wonder how people will react when they can’t use any previous tactics anymore.

Also for people crying for build diversity, I hope they do get what they want because now they will have to face “sinister gear or kick” and getting the trinkets are already pretty time consuming. And to those who didn’t purchase living story season 2 and didn’t complete it, well he/she might have to buy the living story season 2, do all the achievements, and then realize with improved AI pugging is simply not an option anymore.

And when the raids come, I foresee an increase in huge number of applicants in any dungeon guilds, hoping that they can be carried for exclusive rewards for raids. And of course those who are rejected will raise pitchfork to hunt down those “elitists scumbags” but truth be told, everyone wants to have a nice and smooth clear of group contents instead of having to carry people.

So in short, let’s really hope that anet gives what people want to see how people will hate anet for getting what they want

Tour

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If I shake you, will you predict my future like the magic ball?

/shakes forcefully

Come ON!

/shakes with both hands

Ok, I give up…

Nah, you give too much credit to the phiw convictions – there will hardly be any “x gear or kick” lfgs, and you can stay assured that no anet dev, no matter how disconnected, will ever reintroduce mobs running out of aoes like in the early betas. It doesn’t work.
Why would anyone want devs to make the phiw or the tryhards get what they want just to gloat? I find the “x is too hard” threads exhausting to read… mostly because the time spent complaining could be used in practice.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

And now we have some “visionaries” who wants AIs to dodge away from AOE and such.

allready hapening but in a dumbed down version for example at mai trin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZG9-A8ClY

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

have to rely wall on wall trick to by pass the Giant Lupicus.

you mean like this guy?

here’s a pro tip

it was zerker meta who made the videos promoting wall pushing to begin with all of that was you people.

go find me a video of PWIW pushing kitten into walls, I’m waiting

and don’t forget, we have been against the idea for a long time now.

check it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Players-Against-Stacking-Skipping-Stuff/first

don’t even try to push those tactics on us when most if not all of that was promoted by zerker meta idols especially when FGS corner rushing was a thing and guess who got that stuff nerfed?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

/thinks about all the lfgs with worsploit
Yeah, right.
And some of the usual suspects (mean zerkers) discover tricks/exploits first because most PHIWs couldn’t discover their own kitten s with both hands
:)
And then, 6 months later, pugs and phiws memorise those tactics and start using them with no idea why they’re doing it or what’s going on; in the meantime, the zergburgers had quite likely moved on.
:D

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

and guess who got that stuff nerfed?

PvPers insta killing the lord in foefire?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

and guess who got that stuff nerfed?

PvPers insta killing the lord in foefire?

Don’t forget rushing the treb and wrecking the player on it at the same time, or creating zones of death on downed players with lightning flash, or, or, or. Ridiculous burst dps could be abused in a lot of situations.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

it was zerker meta who made the videos promoting wall pushing to begin with all of that was you people.

go find me a video of PWIW pushing kitten into walls, I’m waiting

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Players-Against-Stacking-Skipping-Stuff/first

Pushing lupi into walls was used to reduce swarm spawns on solo records and for classes with lack of cleave, you do remember that the wall on wall trick is relatively new compared to how long people have been doing arah and separate from just walling lupi?

Do PHIWs know how to record and upload videos? I can record some for you on my next arah pug if you’d like.

Considering skipping was considered perfectly acceptable by the designer of the dungeons, I don’t know why this is even has threads being created about it still. Stacking is also an old tactic from pre-fgs nerf, you have a thread about an outdated, sub-optimal tactic and an acceptable method of finishing dungeons, huh?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

LOL. In other words, it’s the “zerker meta idols” who come up with new and innovative tactics for an extremely stale game mode.

FGS, walling, cornering, wallsploit: all really nice solutions to the puzzle of how to do this faster. Thinking outside the box… good stuff.

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

“Zerker meta idols” come up with new ideas and tactics, record them and post them online, PUGs start copying them and overusing them, getting them nerfed (sometimes).

Recently a lot of my Arah pugs blast stealth and run through the middle to the Lupi gate, something which I believe was popularized by Arah records.

Nova [rT]

(edited by dutchiez.7502)

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

yeah how dare they try to add something new. I’ll stick with my 3year old wall trick run past everything stack metazerk!

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

yeah how dare they try to add something new. I’ll stick with my 3year old wall trick run past everything stack metazerk!

Great job missing the point of the post. 0/10

Tour