My opinion on raids (after first boss)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Oh scream of joy! My raid beat the vale guardian a few days ago, after a few days barely sleeping, this was an intense fight. This was actually the first time I felt excited by new content, it pretty much brought me back to my first days with Urgoz/DoA on GW1, loved it!

However,
I havent really tried the 2nd boss yet. But I can see a big issue already…
Finding a group is stressful.
Stressful, because the boss is made so that you need at least that much dps to beat it. Yes, it requires skill, and I mean, IT’S GREAT, for the first time in this game you actually need to master your class, but skill itself IS NOT ENOUGH. The timer IS a big problem in this fight.

I loved the mechanics of the boss, I love how unforgiveful it is, I do NOT like the timer because it forces everyone to either have the required gears/stats or simply be left out.

As suggested by previous threads, I would much prefer 2 modes, an easier version (same boss, without a timer), and a harder mode (or same mode, but beating it under the timer gives breaks the limit of tokens you get per week and gives you a bit more).
I mean, surely there is a way to work around the frustration to make it so that we can both keep the challenge as it is, and offer an alternative way for everyone to still be able to fight this boss, even if they’re gonna need more time.

The way I see it right now, people are gonna fight the boss, defeat it, and never go back on it again, its a shame, specially with how cool the mechanics are.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Give it some time. When the game came out people thought dungeons were impossible too.

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

What i think is change the raid as the Elite guild mission since it is not design for pugs. Put the entrance of the raid in the guild hall. Give the reward like some exclusive guild stuff for the raid.
isnt this sounds better?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I’m a bit worried about how they’re going to address the fact that in your typical raid, gear progression allows you to make bosses slightly easier the next time around by getting a few pieces of new gear, over time, strewn across your raid.

Are they doing this with masteries already? Cause if not, the raids will not get any easier, except through practice, which is a bit harsh compared to raids in other games.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

As suggested by previous threads, I would much prefer 2 modes, an easier version (same boss, without a timer), and a harder mode (or same mode, but beating it under the timer gives breaks the limit of tokens you get per week and gives you a bit more).
I mean, surely there is a way to work around the frustration to make it so that we can both keep the challenge as it is, and offer an alternative way for everyone to still be able to fight this boss, even if they’re gonna need more time.

An “easy-mode” without a timer with less loot/achievements sounds like a goood idea.