My personal opinion: The Exp Dungeon Grind is ridiculous.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

So they didn’t want people to feel the grind of running instances for gear, so they took the boss rewards away and force people to run 70+ runs to get the set with tokens.

IMO grinding for tokens/mentos [if anyone gets the reference] is the absolute worst type of grind there is.

That’s just my opinion. I think I’ll just leave before this devolves into a foggy arbitrary argument.

Here’s a crazy idea…don’t grind it?

If you arent’t enjoying doing the dungeon, don’t do it. Do something else. Roll another character. PvP.

Pretty simple concept. There’s literally zero reason to farm for dungeon armor besides wanting the look of dungeon armor. Whining about WANTING IT NOW just comes off as a child throwing a tantrum because they want the robot dinosaur boat.

By all means, let’s just totally eliminate one portion of the game people love – and have loved for many years – because of artificial difficulty in acquiring particular armor skins! Yes, that sounds MUCH better than making it more approachable to the less grind-oriented players.

Wait…what is this portion of the game people love?

The grind they are whining about?

I believe, in layman’s terms, it’s called “PVE”; which, usually, tends to be a lot of players preferred style of gameplay.

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

So they didn’t want people to feel the grind of running instances for gear, so they took the boss rewards away and force people to run 70+ runs to get the set with tokens.

IMO grinding for tokens/mentos [if anyone gets the reference] is the absolute worst type of grind there is.

That’s just my opinion. I think I’ll just leave before this devolves into a foggy arbitrary argument.

Here’s a crazy idea…don’t grind it?

If you arent’t enjoying doing the dungeon, don’t do it. Do something else. Roll another character. PvP.

Pretty simple concept. There’s literally zero reason to farm for dungeon armor besides wanting the look of dungeon armor. Whining about WANTING IT NOW just comes off as a child throwing a tantrum because they want the robot dinosaur boat.

By all means, let’s just totally eliminate one portion of the game people love – and have loved for many years – because of artificial difficulty in acquiring particular armor skins! Yes, that sounds MUCH better than making it more approachable to the less grind-oriented players.

Wait…what is this portion of the game people love?

The grind they are whining about?

I believe, in layman’s terms, it’s called “PVE”; which, usually, tends to be a lot of players preferred style of gameplay.

Wait, when did I say people couldn’t in laymans terms, “PvE”?

Apathy.6430

Maybe you are confused about this thread.

OP is saying “I don’t want to do this dungeon over and over”
I’m saying “Then don’t do the dungeon over and over”

I’m trying to figure out how, in your mind, that is “removing this thing laymans call PvE”

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

Dungeons are, essentially, the end-all be-all PVE in this game. If you want dungeon gear, you must grind the hardest modes of said instances for ungodly amounts of hours, wasting time, gold, and patience just to achieve one piece of the uniquely skinned gear – of which there are a dozen different styles available.

OP doesn’t like the grind, but clearly wants the skins.
You’re telling the OP to just give up and do something else.

There’s nothing in this game that gives the same type of rewards for PVE except Dungeons. You want new armor skins via PVE? Better Dungeon. Don’t like the Dungeons and not a fan of PVP? You should probably quit.

Apathy.6430

OP doesn’t like the grind, but clearly wants the skins.

POOR GUY HE WANTS HIS SKINS GIVE THEM TO HIM NOW

Heaven forbid someone have to do something to get something they want. You should just get whatever you want whenever you want or throw tantrums. It works for 4 year old girls, why not you guys, am I right?

Don’t like the Dungeons and not a fan of PVP? You should probably quit.

Clearly. If you don’t like playing a game, you should definitely quit.

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Maybe you are confused about this thread.

OP is saying “I don’t want to do this dungeon over and over”
I’m saying “Then don’t do the dungeon over and over”

I’m trying to figure out how, in your mind, that is “removing this thing laymans call PvE”

Actually OP is saying that it is absurd that the only decent reward he can get from a dungeon requires him running the SAME dungeon 10+ times to earn enough tokens to buy 1 piece of gear that he would like. Pretty simple thing.

He specifically points out that other games offer random awards from the dungeon on top of tokens which can be used to purchase gear he wants. He is asking for a similar model based of the success of this model in another game.

I tend to agree with him. When I first found out that it was going to take me 10+ runs of the SAME dungeon to earn enough tokens to purchase 1 piece of gear and that I would pretty much get no other decent reward from the dungeon bosses I was like WTF is going on, is the same hyped game that I heard so much about.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

From the Dungeons Guide

…each dungeon has its own unique armors and weapons that can’t be found anywhere else. The armor from the Ascalonian Catacombs is different from what you’ll find in Sorrow’s Embrace, which is different from the treasure found in Caudecus’s Manor.

I’m genuninely wondering if the people who write these things have even played the game. You’ll find no unique loot aside from the tokens in these places. You’ll find no unique armor, unless you count the unique stats on the hat you get at the end of story mode.

I feel like i’m being lied to. Like i’ve been led to believe this game is what it is not.

Either make the gear drop in the dungeons, and give us a reason to do anything but the easiest wings, or be more honest in your advertising.

I believed in you, Anet.