My thoughts on dungeons

My thoughts on dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Ok so there are a few things that need to be seriously considered regarding dungeons. I will try to keep this as short and to the point as possible.

Short list:
- Whoever entered the dungeon leaves, the entire group gets kicked
- Explorable Path level suggestions
- Rewards

I won’t go into detail about the first point as I feel it’s pretty self-explanatory. Players should not all be booted if the person who started the dungeon leaves the group. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard of people using this to grief.

Explorable path level suggestions. Come on. Are you really going to sit there and tell me that a bunch of well-equipped level 35s are going to complete AC P2? Come on. Either make these all require level 80 and bump all of the fights up to challenge and difficulty of a level 80 dungeon, or adjust the token rewards to be appropriate per dungeon and allow people of that level to actually run the explorable paths (as in scaling down the difficulty where appropriate).

Rewards.

Are you really going to tell me that CoF P1 and CoF P2 are as challenging or time consuming as CoE (1, 2 & 3) or any of the SE or TA or AC paths? Because really I am hard pressed to find logical reasons they should yield the same reward. I understand this is likely temporary and will be looked at, but why wasn’t it done right to begin with? Also, why can’t we run dungeons with alts? Stop DR on alts.. That’s pointless.

Currently people just spam CoF P1 and P2 for gold.. There need to be reasons people want to run these dungeons. Do what you guys did in GW1 – add exclusive weapon DROPS to these dungeons that can only be acquired in specific dungeons.

Hell even if you guys gave each dungeon a chance for mobs / boss chests / completion chests to give us an armor or weapon from the vendor of that dungeon that’d be an improvement.

In GW1 you had people running X dungeon for Y drop that only came out of that place (Obsidian Edge, Dhuum’s Soul Reaper, Voltaic Spear, etc. etc.) and that system was great.

People should not run dungeons expecting and often knowing that they’re going to get nothing but blues / greens until their completion chest pops up.

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Everyone posted this already.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

My thoughts on dungeons

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks for your knowledgeable insight and feedback. People like you will make this game change for the better for sure. I hear the best way to push change is by sitting back silently because someone else already said this.

My thoughts on dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Thanks for your knowledgeable insight and feedback. People like you will make this game change for the better for sure. I hear the best way to push change is by sitting back silently because someone else already said this.

People like you will make this game better by complaining and posting the same thing over and over.

Brazil

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Guys we should really nerf TAkitten the amount of spiders is ridiculous….

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Dungeon running is more profitable than ever. Some people are never satisfied.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

The rewards do need to be fixed, they’re utterly ridiculous. The fact that there’s a gap between 1.5 and 3 shows not much thought went into the whole thing. Just implement Bright’s list, it was basically perfect.

but TehPwnerer, the reason why you’ll get a chilly reception here is two fold:

1) People who frequent the dungeon forum see the same posts over and over from new people who come in wide-eyed, expecting their (maybe good, maybe bad) ideas to get a dev response, but since they’re new they don’t realize that:
2) Devs don’t read the dungeon forum, there are no devs dedicated to dungeons, Anet doesn’t care about dungeons because they’re not Living Story.

Retired. Too many casuals.

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

What do you mean by they don’t care about dungeons? They’ve fixed the reward system, fixed the cutscene in the Shaman fractal, leave the dredge fractal, the TAFU and many other “bugged” paths alone after so many agony hours of discussions of whether they are intended or unintended by the previous designers. These things just do not happen all by themselves, you know.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

My thoughts on dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

What do you mean by they don’t care about dungeons? They’ve fixed the reward system, fixed the cutscene in the Shaman fractal, leave the dredge fractal, the TAFU and many other “bugged” paths alone after so many agony hours of discussions of whether they are intended or unintended by the previous designers. These things just do not happen all by themselves, you know.

The Dungeon Fairy is responsible!

Brazil

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Rewards.

Are you really going to tell me that CoF P1 and CoF P2 are as challenging or time consuming as CoE (1, 2 & 3) or any of the SE or TA or AC paths? Because really I am hard pressed to find logical reasons they should yield the same reward. I understand this is likely temporary and will be looked at, but why wasn’t it done right to begin with? Also, why can’t we run dungeons with alts? Stop DR on alts.. That’s pointless.

Actually, except for CoF p1, all the paths you named take around the same time (10-15 minutes). The only problem is that the amount of skill and coordination it takes to complete those paths in that time frame varies greatly. (sidenote, I don’t know why you mentioned SE, because the current SE p1 record is like 3:42, and an average run takes like 5-6 mins).

I’m not saying the rewards shouldn’t be changed, especially since AC p1 and p3 are a lot easier to faceroll than for example TA or CM, yet yield greater reward.

Which brings me to:

Just implement Bright’s list, it was basically perfect.

Hihi, thanks.

For reference: my personal dungeon reward list

(Yes, I have that bookmarked, because I can’t count how many times I’ve linked that thing already.)

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

My thoughts on dungeons

TehPwnerer.7215

The rewards do need to be fixed, they’re utterly ridiculous. The fact that there’s a gap between 1.5 and 3 shows not much thought went into the whole thing. Just implement Bright’s list, it was basically perfect.

but TehPwnerer, the reason why you’ll get a chilly reception here is two fold:

1) People who frequent the dungeon forum see the same posts over and over from new people who come in wide-eyed, expecting their (maybe good, maybe bad) ideas to get a dev response, but since they’re new they don’t realize that:
2) Devs don’t read the dungeon forum, there are no devs dedicated to dungeons, Anet doesn’t care about dungeons because they’re not Living Story.

I guess that’s my mistake. I don’t frequent this forum either I’m usually in Gen. Discussion or Suggestions. But shame on me for throwing up my opinion on the game forum.

My bad guys, sorry for throwing in my 2 cents I’ll be sure to not repost the same useless trash thread in your beloved, unchecked forum.

My thoughts on dungeons

TehPwnerer.7215

Rewards.

Actually, except for CoF p1, all the paths you named take around the same time (10-15 minutes). The only problem is that the amount of skill and coordination it takes to complete those paths in that time frame varies greatly. (sidenote, I don’t know why you mentioned SE, because the current SE p1 record is like 3:42, and an average run takes like 5-6 mins).

I’m not saying the rewards shouldn’t be changed, especially since AC p1 and p3 are a lot easier to faceroll than for example TA or CM, yet yield greater reward.

Which brings me to:

Just implement Bright’s list, it was basically perfect.

Hihi, thanks.

For reference: my personal dungeon reward list

(Yes, I have that bookmarked, because I can’t count how many times I’ve linked that thing already.)

Thanks for the actual reply. I guess I should have clarified I do not pug and my guildies and I usually clear every mob in the dungeon because we don’t see a point in skipping unless we’re getting close to dailies resetting.

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Always makes me laugh when someone tried to insult someone else by saying “kid”. Honestly its the most immature insult there is, the irony is through the roof.

My thoughts on dungeons

TehPwnerer.7215

Always makes me laugh when someone tried to insult someone else by saying “kid”. Honestly its the most immature insult there is, the irony is through the roof.

That’s neat. I can see why no devs check this forum. Every thread I’ve gone through has been derailed by post 3, trolled by you and others, and has no legitimate discussion or suggestions on how to improve anything.

This’ll be my last post in here, since very few of you have a clue.

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Leave us to our cluelessness. Return to the enlightened discussion of informed adults occurring in the general discussion forthwith!

GO ON NOW, GIT!

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

My thoughts on dungeons

spoj.9672

Oh wow haha. Victimized by casuals once again. :<

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: The Zealous Templar.3861

The Zealous Templar.3861

The rewards aren’t ridiculous as you seem to think. They may need some slight tweaking but overall it’s ok. People who want to make good gold from dungeons don’t just spam cof p1 and p2 because they know that there are several other paths which are as easy/easier/shorter than cof p2 and the daily reward per path is now better than spamming the same dungeon repeatedly. People speedrun AC,TA fwd/fwd and up, SE 1 and 3, CoF 1 and 2, CoE, Hotw 1 with ease. If anything they should reduce the AC gold to be in line with the others but maybe it’s to entice new players to do explorable dungeons. I guess the point you’re trying to make is valid, but your opinion of dungeon difficulty is a bit narrow. Look at gw2lfg during peak times for ‘speedrun’ groups and you’ll find them almost entirely only for the paths I stated (and arah ofc), it’s for a reason.

My thoughts on dungeons

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah my 50/50 HoM, GWAMM, Dungeon Master, and almost 10k achievement points in GW2 really prove how casual I am. But I’m not gonna argue my merits with you since you don’t even know me and I don’t even know you.

My thoughts on dungeons

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Yeah my 50/50 HoM, GWAMM, Dungeon Master, and almost 10k achievement points in GW2 really prove how casual I am. But I’m not gonna argue my merits with you since you don’t even know me and I don’t even know you.

You forgot to mention the part about how clearing every mob in the dungeon makes you a casual. I know a lovely lady with 10k achievement points that uses the arrow keys for movement and clicks the endurance bar to dodge. You should join BHB, you would fit in will there.

Brazil

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I have no idea what those are xD
But I know Dungeon Master holds no weight once I discovered people buying Arah slots just to get it. Also if you primarily play dungeons you’ll have a fairly low AP, so when people try to show off their high numbers it proves they can do mind numbing Living Story and Jumping Puzzles :|

Also Bright I think you mean Vevina not Malrona. Vevina hardest boss in game, not even joking, her foul RNG can suck a big one.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

My thoughts on dungeons

spoj.9672

I feel like a casual with my 9.1k AP.

My thoughts on dungeons

Posted by: viciouspike.8624

viciouspike.8624