NA vs EU?

NA vs EU?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

I’ve been wondering how come all of the top PVE guilds (at least most record owners) are EU?
I’ve been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and all I see in terms of top PVE play are EU, namely the guilds [qT] [rT] [SC] [vC] (forgive me if I missed anyone) while in NA all I see is [dnt] which I haven’t seen too many records from (no offense).

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

NA vs EU?

Posted by: OrionXnAsh.3064

OrionXnAsh.3064

Oh Is there really any PVE guild on NA ? PadreNike

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

LOD is in NA.

I’m not sure of what other dungeon/fractal guilds there are on NA that are active besides LOD and DnT. Don’t know how active some of the guilds we used to know are anymore.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

LOD is in NA.

I’m not sure of what other dungeon/fractal guilds there are on NA that are active besides LOD and DnT. Don’t know how active some of the guilds we used to know are anymore.

iQ, LOD, FoTM, REN

Edit: Not rT I guess.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

NA vs EU?

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

rT in NA? (@Sandy/Tom)

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

That’s because EU>NA obviously. But it’s probably got to do with the popularity of GW as a franchise in Europe, during the heyday of GvG Europe was second strongest after Korea. Something about GW attracts the hardcore Europeans more than the hardcore North Americans.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

That’s because EU>NA obviously. But it’s probably got to do with the popularity of GW as a franchise in Europe, during the heyday of GvG Europe was second strongest after Korea. Something about GW attracts the hardcore Europeans more than the hardcore North Americans.

EU vs NA, best ping wins.

very special guild tag [tX]

NA vs EU?

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

No European team ever won a GvG tournament that mattered in GW1.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Europe kinda started late with the PvP in GW1. Dont really remember any active team, when the big tournaments were a thing.
But then when they started, Favor of the Gods or how it was called, mainly EU and most of the top GvG guilds were EU as well afair. But then, there was one NA guild dominating, Rebel Rising [rawr].

NA vs EU?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

During the old days in GW1, when favor of the gods was earned through winning in the hall of heroes, 60 – 70% of the whole time the European servers were having it. I think it’s just very popular in Europe.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

NA vs EU?

NikeEU.7690

Europe kinda started late with the PvP in GW1. Dont really remember any active team, when the big tournaments were a thing.
But then when they started, Favor of the Gods or how it was called, mainly EU and most of the top GvG guilds were EU as well afair. But then, there was one NA guild dominating, Rebel Rising [rawr].

Early in the game, the best EU GvG guild was Patient Relaxed People [pRp].

You’re right, there were more high end EU gvg guilds than on NA at the peak of popularity, but the Rawr was a higher quality. Then again, Panda and Torsen were both european so 33% of the core of Rawr was EU too haha.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Technically the only tournaments that mattered were the 2 world championships. After those, and the release of NF/EotN the Korean presence lessened, game balance was becoming harder to maintain, etc.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Panda and then he started playing lol, kitten him lul

NA vs EU?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The NA guilds seem to be pretty huge. Whereas in the eu community we are split into smaller guilds.

DnT monopoly on NA?

NA vs EU?

PadreNike.1803

http://gw2dungeons.net/Records
Monopoly or not, [DnT] is registered for a single record only (Arah P2) …
I’d love to see the Americas giving some proper competition

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

NA vs EU?

NikeEU.7690

And look at what my boy Jatt is up to these days!

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

NA vs EU?

Enko.6123

NA currently has 4 records.

Combo of Hawt and DNT have 1 and LOD has 3 listed records atm for the all times.

(edited by Enko.6123)

NA vs EU?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

my impression was EU was full of college/university students who had masses of time to kill versus NA who has more older people with full time jobs.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

NA vs EU?

PadreNike.1803

Combo of Hawt and DNT have 1 and LOD has 3 listed records atm for the all times.

That’s 4 records out of total of 44 (if I counted correctly), less than 10%.
ANet pls nerf EU this balance is outrageous

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

NA vs EU?

spoj.9672

my impression was EU was full of college/university students who had masses of time to kill versus NA who has more older people with full time jobs.

Dunno about that. Might be true for some of the EU guilds. But we are divided so.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

And look at what my boy Jatt is up to these days!

Omg, Jatt ç_ç

Look at where they are, now. Truth is, gw1’s pvp is STILL respected among the community of all kitten pvp games!
Ofc anet had to change everything in gw2 <.<

EZSPORTZ, COME ON!

NA vs EU?

Enko.6123

That’s 4 records out of total of 44 (if I counted correctly), less than 10%.
ANet pls nerf EU this balance is outrageous

I wasn’t arguing the NA vs EU thing. I was just correcting your previous statement.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Dunno about other EU guilds but rT in particular has a lot of university students that struggle to make time for games now. I don’t work 2 jobs whilst being a full-time student anymore like I did 2 years ago so I don’t have that problem for now, but yeah. We’re growing old!

Nova being the young outcast of us of course :>

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

NA vs EU?

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Depends how you spend you free time.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Dunno about that. Might be true for some of the EU guilds. But we are divided so.

Spoj just trying to show off that he’s now employed

NA vs EU?

spoj.9672

xD

I was under the impression there was quite a few though.

And im sure there are plenty of jobless students on NA as well. Remember the rush to fractal 50?

(edited by spoj.9672)

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

LOD is in NA.

iQ, LOD, FoTM, REN

Edit: Not rT I guess.

iQ is PvX actually I’m just saying that so people don’t get ridiculous ideas about our guild. We do have great dungeon/fotm runners but most of us aren’t in the speedrunner category.

The Sickest Guild NA

NA vs EU?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

xD

I was under the impression there was quite a few though.

And im sure there are plenty of jobless students on NA as well. Remember the rush to fractal 50?

or people booking holiday time beforehand

you know, it could have been that

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

NA vs EU?

Enko.6123

As far as FotM, last I saw they were basically a LFG list for fractals.
I’m not sure of what the status is of REN or Dark REN.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

From what I’ve gathered the entire EU playerbase is a bit more on the hardcore side. They’re ahead in PUG strats, they are more demanding in PUGs, quicker to kick, and all that stuff. It’s no surprise that leaning to a more hardcore play style follows with a higher amount of real Hardcore players.

NA it seems at this point we have DnT and LoD for high end dungeon/fractal play. As active as I am on these forums, as much of a supporter of the Meta, that’s simply not my personal play style. I find it pretty boring honestly. I much prefer trying different professions and different styles just to mix it up. Recently I rolled a Condi Engi, played a bunch of Necro and even made myself a Cleric Guard Cancer build just to screw around. I have far more fun screwing around than grinding out speed runs. I’ve been there done that, with that scene in other games. I simply don’t have the motivation anymore. I tried a few times to get into it, and it just got boring quick. Not trying to knock it at all, again I’m in full support of it. It’s simply not my preference.

I usually come home from work, have a big glass of whiskey and start to do stupid stuff in the game. That’s my style.

Point being, I think it’s just a different personality type. EU seems to have a more hardcore presence which I think just pushes more all the way to the top. NA has more that are all about the grind and getting shinies and really detracts from the desire to go “all the way”.

NA vs EU?

Purple Miku.7032

Jerus I can’t speak on behalf of all of EU obviously but almost all of my runs have someone playing condi engis and whatever they feel like. If you were on EU I would have no problem with you doing anything you felt like in any arah or fotm runs with me, I actually agree with you it’s really boring to do 5 man overpowered setups to grind out all dungeons and fractal tiers every day. Precisely why I never do it.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Jerus I can’t speak on behalf of all of EU obviously but almost all of my runs have someone playing condi engis and whatever they feel like. If you were on EU I would have no problem with you doing anything you felt like in any arah or fotm runs with me, I actually agree with you it’s really boring to do 5 man overpowered setups to grind out all dungeons and fractal tiers every day. Precisely why I never do it.

But it feels so good to do a 50,40,30 in just over an hour once a week instead of taking 2 hours while a pug group figures out what to do after killing the first 4 chanters at the double seal. Idk why it takes ppl 30minutes and inviting a friend for them to figure out that killing off the first spawns on both sides is a bad idea.

NA vs EU?

Jerus.4350

:D
I didn’t mean to paint the entire EU under one label, just saying I hear EU is a bit more hardcore in various areas, so I am not surprised that they have a greater presence at the top.

I know ya’ll are cool people, no offense or negativity was intended. I was just calling it as I saw it from reading the forum.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

It seems to me that EU players are always more hardcore than NA players in many of the games I’ve played. May be a cultural difference or something? Even in pvp and wvw EU players are a lot stronger. I’ve heard the general skill level is higher in pugs (pvp and pve) and people are nicer and less kitten (although i doubt the last part).

Too bad i get bad connection and ping on eu servers :/

NA vs EU?

Purple Miku.7032

Well if we’re talking about pugs, they’re not hardcore in either region. Not sure how it is on NA but here you get LFG messages explicitly demanding 2 staff eles, 1 phalanx warrior, 1 guard, and 1 thief along with the term “metazerk” occasionally thrown in there and maybe an AP requirement that’s barely lower than the person’s is that posted it. They’re always the kind of people that bug mossman in the water and wallsploit lupi…

Calling them hardcore is just wrong… haha.

Actually I can’t really think of anything on this game that’s appropriate for the term hardcore.

But it feels so good to do a 50,40,30 in just over an hour once a week instead of taking 2 hours while a pug group figures out what to do after killing the first 4 chanters at the double seal. Idk why it takes ppl 30minutes and inviting a friend for them to figure out that killing off the first spawns on both sides is a bad idea.

Uhh… to be honest I’m drawing a blank at connecting the relevance to my post, I guess you just sort of misinterpreted me. When I told Jerus that I play with condi engis, I meant like… ELement, for example, who plays engi better than anybody else I’ve ever seen… not first timers. I would absolutely not pug fotm runs, I would rather either solo/duo/trio them instead. xD

NA vs EU?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Uhh… to be honest I’m drawing a blank at connecting the relevance to my post, I guess you just sort of misinterpreted me.

I pug 50/40 most days, its a nice change to have a competent group once or twice a week to not make me want to murder people.

NA vs EU?

Jerus.4350

I run with a casual group, I love it. Still on top of eachother in that we coordinate well, but we don’t run meta comps almost ever. Regularly run 3 engi or like Necros and 2 mesmer and such.

As for hardcore pugs, I just remember reading multiple times how they seem to have adapted to the non FGS meta a bit quicker and actually sometimes are ready to do things in the open rather than pulling.

I’m no ELement, but I aspire to be Learned a lot watching his stuff. I do consider myself an acceptable Engi though.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Yeah, #almost3khoursswag.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Renegatus is a casual guild now. Dark Renegatus is active, but nobody is interested in going for a record. plus we have the greatest thief soloer #Left2OP (known on here as Stompy.1387)

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Bones.8463

Bones.8463

Since FoTM was brought up, and I can only assume they are talking about Zerkers Of The Mists [FoTM], I’ll go a little into detail there. I’m the creator of the guild and its current intended purpose is a LFG guild with similar minded full zerker/assassin players. I began recruiting for it with the new guild chat change in mind that will be coming with HoT release as a means of easy group forming for fractals. While we do have some good players, and most daily 50s I do are around 35 minutes, there isn’t really a skill requirement at the moment.

Renegatus [Ren]
Immortal Raiders [raid]
Zerkers Of The Mists [FoTM]

NA vs EU?

Posted by: Saix.4126

Saix.4126

China>NA & EU

Ravi [DnT]