Nearly 2 years on and the same 8 dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I just don’t get it; I don’t. I’m HOPING with the potential release of Magumma that some NEW 3 path dungeons will be implemented with appropriate sets of armour, or at least some HIGH level, permanent content. It’s astonishing to think in 2 years, people are still grinding ac, cof etc etc.. If I do Cof 1..ONE more time, I’m going to go insane.

The living story was an interesting experiment, but ultimately a failure and no substitute for permanent content with depth. Please listen to your fans of GW2 Anet. Sometimes when you are so close to something, you cannot see the wood for the trees and it takes outsiders to make you see the light :|

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Players will only ever play about 8 of the 25 dungeons paths as repeatable content. The rest will be too slow, not rewarding enough, etc, even if they are good paths. TA aetherblade is a decent dungeon but it is not run because it is longer than the others with fewer skips. Any new dungeons would also have fewer skips, also be long, and also be ignored. The game isn’t any better if players run 8 of 28 available dungeon paths.

The living story is the place to introduce new dungeons with some means to revisit them later. Players don’t need another way to get exotic armor barter tokens. If new dungeons come with unique new rewards then they will have a purpose and they would be a good update.

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

What do you mean people only run 8 of 25 paths? As far as I’m aware the only paths that aren’t run often are CoF p3, SE p2 and Aetherpath

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

And cm 2 and hotw 2 & 3.

So people run about 27/33 paths. But yeah would really like some new instanced content. Either new dungeons or a new elite zone/dungeon.

(edited by Spoj The Second.7680)

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Oh right hotw 2 & 3 maybe, but cm 2 is pretty kitten easy and fast, don’t see why it wouldn’t be ran a lot

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Oh right hotw 2 & 3 maybe, but cm 2 is pretty kitten easy and fast, don’t see why it wouldn’t be ran a lot

Cant barrel the final boss to death anymore. Hes pretty nasty without super deepz.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Well the point is….is that surely we have EXHAUSTED all of them???? I love this game…I have 10 level 80’s..but I cannot think of a single modern MMO, that has went THIS long without serious updates to it’s end level permanent content.. Not 1..Even SWTOR, which everyone tore apart has 2 expansions coming out and features permanent updates to content every 6 to 8 weeks..New Flashpoints/ RAIDS/pvp….

Anet, get ur act together..the gem store won’t keep u alive for ever!

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Casualbads RPers only play mindless zerg content anyways and Casualbad RPers are their main source of income.

So yeah.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

I just don’t get it; I don’t. I’m HOPING with the potential release of Magumma that some NEW 3 path dungeons will be implemented with appropriate sets of armour, or at least some HIGH level, permanent content.

dont hope, it will only dissapoint. Its been almost 2 years, and it feels like this game is still within beta.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’m not sure what to say, exactly.
It’s apparent they’d made some attempts to revamp earlier on that for one reason or another never got off the ground beyond the two initial efforts. So it’s, not as though they’re not willing to do it, they just seemingly can’t manage the actual traction?

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I guess Anet is going for the WORLD RECORD!!!!!!!!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

I just don’t get it; I don’t. I’m HOPING with the potential release of Magumma that some NEW 3 path dungeons will be implemented with appropriate sets of armour, or at least some HIGH level, permanent content.

dont hope, it will only dissapoint. Its been almost 2 years, and it feels like this game is still within beta.

I wouldn’t say within beta but yes this game needs some actual new content it just throws me how little this game has expanded in 2 years.

Anet give us new skills!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m not sure what to say, exactly.
It’s apparent they’d made some attempts to revamp earlier on that for one reason or another never got off the ground beyond the two initial efforts. So it’s, not as though they’re not willing to do it, they just seemingly can’t manage the actual traction?

Actually, it’s exactly that they’re not willing to do it. After the first revamp, they disbanded the dungeon team.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

And please make a comparison between any dungeon vs. any LS content made without a dungeon.
Later one is cheaper and easier to make.
Drop a champ in the middle of the map, say to the zerg crowd “look shiny over there!”, people roflstomp it, you can make a gemstory item which fits for the theme (or not, who cares anyway) and everybody wins.
So called hardcore crowd is always a minority. If you can please 90% of your customers by zerg content, why make an effort and “waste” money on dungeons?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

And cm 2

You know I run that kitten daily, Spoj.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Not many people do though. ;D

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I wouldn’t call 15 Fractals nothing… They’re essentially dungeons, at least from an outsiders perspective.

Edit: Really wish that they would add legit challenging PvE content similar to dungeons though. It’s about time.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I wouldn’t call 15 Fractals nothing… They’re essentially dungeons, at least from an outsiders perspective.

Edit: Really wish that they would add legit challenging PvE content similar to dungeons though. It’s about time.

Yeah, but fractals don’t have rewards… so it’s almost pointless to run them.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

What do you mean people only run 8 of 25 paths? As far as I’m aware the only paths that aren’t run often are CoF p3, SE p2 and Aetherpath

I pugged SE P2 once. (shudders) never again…. never again………

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

As I don’t have access to the kind of numbers Anet has access to I can only comment from a personal limited point of view. (Or NCsoft, whoever of the two may actually be the one to have the final say about the direction the releases are going – my money would be on NCsoft to be honest).

But what I see is the game losing people left and right. At least from the crowd I usually hang with. From the people I originally came to GW2 with – moving over from other MMORPGs – I am the only one left. With the new guild I joined up after I became a guild of one, the most prevalent problem ist “I’ve run out of things to do”. Yes, you can still find something that you can do, there’s always the next legendary or similar. But a lot of that feels like a occupational therapy just to do something.
As we mostly were a dungeon/small raid crowd, the game feels like it has run its course and might be time to move on. Sad as it sounds.
Unless they come up with something new one of these days and increase the frequency of the releases for the dungeon-delvers.

I guess froman overall point of view from a business standpoint everything seems fine. Ne players might compensate for the loss of bored players and the playerbase at large might be happy, thus providing the revenue to justify the current course. We are most likely a minority that doesn’t have that much impact on the overall revenue.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

Phadde.7362

Not sure what you mean by “rewards”? I may not get exactly as much wealth as I would by spending time on a couple of dungeon paths instead for Fractals, but I have got 2 fractal skins so far, and almost enough great rings for all my characters. I prefer the rewards from doing a Fractal, rather than the rewards from doing a dungeon. It’s a lot more fun as well, which I think should be the main focus in a game that’s designed to entertain.

If Fractals have no rewards what so ever, I would agree that they would be pointless. Not sure what you’re deluding yourself of.

Cred to Latinkuro

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

This is the first game I see in which the supposedly hardest content is the least rewarding in the game. I haven’t played every single mmo on the planet, but still.
Weird.
Is it kittenness or a specific strategy?

Kittenness. Lol.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Players will only ever play about 8 of the 25 dungeons paths as repeatable content. The rest will be too slow, not rewarding enough, etc, even if they are good paths. TA aetherblade is a decent dungeon but it is not run because it is longer than the others with fewer skips. Any new dungeons would also have fewer skips, also be long, and also be ignored. The game isn’t any better if players run 8 of 28 available dungeon paths.

I’ll always find skipping stuff to be weird..
I get why its done, trash doesn’t drop enough of a reward for time investment to do unless it threatens the completion of a boss, or is in the way to one.. but still feels weird..

Maybe because I’ve learned how to play mmo’s from wow, where you generally don’t skip stuff. Or gw1 where if you do everything, you’d get a better reward at the end. Tera you would just kill everything because who knows what trash could have. Hell, even in some single players, like skyrim, you never know what someone could have on them unless you pickpocket or kill them.

It just seems like its.. Idk wrong? Not that I’d stop, but it just seems like if your content has the option to skip, then your content is too easy and the reward should reflect that.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Or gw1 where if you do everything, you’d get a better reward at the end.

Excuse me?

spoj.9672

Its simply because the whole loot system in gw2 is complete crap. Even boss and chest loot is terrible. And magic find doesnt even effect chests. No chance for decent special rewards means that the only real reward is the guaranteed gold at the end of the path. This is why people will skip trash and bosses even in really casual runs.

Vox Hollow.2736

Actually, it’s exactly that they’re not willing to do it. After the first revamp, they disbanded the dungeon team.

That doesn’t really fit the timeline.

It wasn’t like; AC revamp → TA Aetherpath → disband dungeon team.
It was more like; AC revamp → disband dungeon team → comment about LS teams handling it → Aetherpath → and then no real follow-up after that.

spoj.9672

Aetherpath wasnt a revamp. So it was a disband after the first revamp.

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Maybe they could sell us new dungeons in the gemstore, coinciding with the living story.

Vox Hollow.2736

….the heck would you call it?

Phadde.7362

Maybe they could sell us new dungeons in the gemstore, coinciding with the living story.

I think that would be terrible, actually. No offense =)

Cred to Latinkuro

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

It was a joke. They won’t make any new dungeons cause it’s not profitable.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Excuse me?

GW1 missions. Do all the content in a mission, get a better reward. You had the option to skip it, and it wasn’t absolutely mandatory to do it, but if you did it you got more experience out of it.

I get that I was mostly talking about dungeons, but was it that hard to figure out what I was getting at was the missions or have you not played GW1? I guess if you’ve only played GW2 and nothing else, that would be a shock..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

(edited by ArtemusHunter.9521)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Excuse me?

I get that I was mostly talking about dungeons, but was it that hard to figure out what I was getting at was the missions or have you not played GW1? I guess if you’ve only played GW2 and nothing else, that would be a shock..

Eotn dungeons rewarded you if you wanted to kill everything. Shrine bonuses for killing things as well as additional title track points (which were a pain to get in some cases). They also had little wee hidden treasures and such that you could walk around and get for extra loot, if you wanted to take the time to take the detours.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Sometimes, I really wonder what “secret projects” A-Net are working on. I mean, are they even trying to fix the issues of exploiting AI and making more intuitive combat?

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Sometimes, I really wonder what “secret projects” A-Net are working on. I mean, are they even trying to fix the issues of exploiting AI and making more intuitive combat?

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur