Necros place in raids?

Necros place in raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: asher.1246

asher.1246

I’ve been reading all the info as I found about Raids, and I’m really dissappointed to see that anyone have necros in mind for a raid spot. Even thiefs have a hard time!

Necro is my favorite class, especially the reaper, but it seems that if I want to go trought raids, I’ll swap to chronomamcer…

Any group will take it? Has anet fail with the class design for pve? Over the past years we see that “meta” was the best for speedruns, but raids are not the same kind of content, so… What do you think about it? Will neceos get some love this time or we will not have a place here?

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Self-sustain isn’t meta.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Necro is good, but there’s just other classes that are better at the things that necro is good at.
Maybe if Anet decides to increase group buff effect to 10 people there will be a place for necro, but as of right now necro isn’t really a good choice.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Self-sustain isn’t meta.

How do you know what will be meta in raids? Are you beta-testing them? Because if not…

I’ll just quote my response from “will anyone take thief in raids”-thread:

We simply don’t know yet, we only saw the first encounter of the first raid wing. To early to talk about meta comps imo.

@OP people on the Necro sub discussed this matter a while ago, you might want to check that out as well.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I still can’t fathom why necro didnt get a +150 condi dmg trait similar to EA/spotter/assassins presence.

Would kitten near guarantee a necro a (singular) place.

This would need to be on to of the feeble lifesteal/no health loss on downed thing they do though.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Self-sustain isn’t meta.

How do you know what will be meta in raids? Are you beta-testing them? Because if not…

It would be pointless to state meta for raids without knowing it’s content, I was simply stating why necromancers have yet to find a competitive spot in actual pve content.

Their selling point is the full glasscannon setup with high sustain (LF generation, high HP pool, possible investment in HP/Toughness due to 100% base crit chance – too bad cavalier is Toughness+).

Until pve content does not require defensive stats to be doable, Necromancers are unlikely to be the preferred choice.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

They are good at breakbars, and are in a much better place than they were a few months ago, so yea I wouldn’t sweat about it. Break bar away!

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

First, don’t panic quite yet. As people have noted, we know very little about the raids past the first fight.

Second, the problem is currently in the design of encounters. In order to promote condition damage, it seems that parts of raid encounter will require the use of conditions. Currently condition damage is lopsided across different classes with engineers being quite a bit above others for sustained condition dps.

This takes up a good 30-40% of raid makeup for condition engineers alone. The remainder is there to provide power based damage and buffs. Neither is truly forte of necromancer.

There are two possible spots where necros might shine. One is the raids tank. Due to incredible self-sustain, you can stick necro on the boss and not need any additional investment in keeping them alive, even in zerk gear (with 1 +toughness item). Another one is add control. Necro is pretty amazing at controlling multiple, fast hitting targets. So future encounters can easily require people gathering up and keeping adds busy while the main raid kills the boss.

Finally one can hope that either condition damage will get evened out across the board or that the raids will be tuned to non-ideal groups, which would allow necros to fill some other spots.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Dire rapper is best PvE class in game. Top dps in dragon stance.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: darianturner.8096

darianturner.8096

Dire rapper is best PvE class in game. Top dps in dragon stance.

Sorry I don’t get it.

“Low quality trolling since launch”

yup

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

(Ok what I say next is not meant as a insult towards anyone or their playstyle…)

Kitten the meta if you like Necro find a build that works, fits a role and master it just know that the idiotic meta lemmings (not the ones that actually understand the meta) will follow blindly and not know how to even play their build, let alone know how it fits dynamically into a group. Yet they still police the meta that they don’t comprehend at all and usually end up dead on the floor 90% of the time, so play what you like and enjoy but be flexible at the same time. Remember dead party members don’t help anyone so some self sustainability doesn’t hurt.

(edited by dragonrage.8921)

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

If the raids required the meta to succeed that would be a pretty kitten design, as meta is by definition the most optimal. Optimal does not entail required. If Arena Net has made the encounters so precise as to require the meta they will be going back on their previous statements about making the new content interesting enough to be done by diverse groups of players taking on the different roles required. They would be going back on their commitment to balancing the professions such that they can be any one of those roles.

I have to ask, what kind of guild are you in that you fear being excluded for playing a particular profession? I suggest relocating if it is actually the case that your guild would not take you on as a Necromancer that does Direct DPS as a reaper, condition damage, or control through fear and other effects. I’m not familiar with necro support all that much, so I’m not sure if that is viable. Quite frankly we don’t know what kind of support is viable as no one has played the raid in its current state.

Necros place in raids?

darianturner.8096

If the raids required the meta to succeed that would be a pretty kitten design, as meta is by definition the most optimal. Optimal does not entail required. If Arena Net has made the encounters so precise as to require the meta they will be going back on their previous statements about making the new content interesting enough to be done by diverse groups of players taking on the different roles required. They would be going back on their commitment to balancing the professions such that they can be any one of those roles.

I have to ask, what kind of guild are you in that you fear being excluded for playing a particular profession? I suggest relocating if it is actually the case that your guild would not take you on as a Necromancer that does Direct DPS as a reaper, condition damage, or control through fear and other effects. I’m not familiar with necro support all that much, so I’m not sure if that is viable. Quite frankly we don’t know what kind of support is viable as no one has played the raid in its current state.

The first boss was tested in the beta. In fact it exists a couple of videos on youtube, one of them even do it with a Reaper :/…

(edited by darianturner.8096)

Necros place in raids?

SirMoogie.9263

The first boss was tested in the beta.

Quite frankly we don’t know what kind of support is viable as no one has played the raid in its current state.

Necros place in raids?

darianturner.8096

The first boss was tested in the beta.

Quite frankly we don’t know what kind of support is viable as no one has played the raid in its current state.

Do you really belive anet will change so much the encounter? It was the last month…. so, who knows?

I do belive people are so obssed with the “meta”. Every encounter can be made with whatever you like, elitism is bad for the game.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Everyones speculating and assuming while knowing nothing abut how the raids will shape up chill and relax. never know what the future brings, ignore the squeakers already trying to spin a web of unfounded rumors.

Necros place in raids?

SirMoogie.9263

Do you really belive anet will change so much the encounter? It was the last month…. so, who knows?

I don’t know if they will or not, but they can certainly make lots of easy value changes in the name of re-balancing and making the encounter doable by a more diverse set of professions and builds. Off the top of my head:

• Base stats (e.g., toughness, vitality, damage)
  • Timers (e.g., enrage timer, skill duration)
  • Number of projectiles (e.g., how many ice shards fall in a ice storm)
  • Animation speeds (e.g., how long the boss spends giving a “tell”)
  • Which attacks are blockable

Whether they will or not no one knows, but it’s a possibility worth mentioning given the time frame and the worry that certain professions may be left out.

Necros place in raids?

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Honestly I doubt necro’s will have much of a place, which is unfortunate because it’s my favorite class, I just don’t get the necro hate, I’m not buying that we have bad dps. I just don’t see it. I think people just blame necro for they themselves being bad.