Need more fractals like 100

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ziggy.3842

Ziggy.3842

My experience with doing 100 cm has been a lot of fun for me and my friends. The new fractal is by far my favourite since it is the most challenging and tests your dps / mechanical skills. Having a fractal like 100 makes you pay attention to what you’re doing instead of other fractals where you literally sit there and spam some keys while looking at your phone for example. In other words this fractal requires your full attention, its action packed, with constant deadly mechanics. I hope anet decides to make more fractals similar in difficulty to the new 100 cm, since it’s brought back my desire to do fractals.

Posted by: Mell.4873

Mell.4873

Problem is no knows how to do it like the raids.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I hope anet decides to make more fractals similar in difficulty to the new 100 cm, since it’s brought back my desire to do fractals.

And i hope for the exact opposite, since it caused my interest in fractals to go way down.

If i wanted to raid, i’d be raiding.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

I hope anet decides to make more fractals similar in difficulty to the new 100 cm, since it’s brought back my desire to do fractals.

And i hope for the exact opposite, since it caused my interest in fractals to go way down.

Anet changes their mind on design choices all the time. I remember when Fractals were turned into levels: paraphrasing, the developer commented Fractals could be enjoyed casually on a lunch break. Not so much now.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Back then fractals only scaled from 1-50. Now that they expand up to 100, I don’t see the reasons why the last dozen tiers are not difficult. Challenge mote is a welcome addition too. I got 16 hours of quality game time learning 100cm in two different classes and to get all the achievements. There is enough interest in me to try with 7 other classes in 100cm. It’s not getting in anyone’s way of farming their daily rewards either. I would love to see more of them coming.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The neat thing about challenge motes is that you don’t have to activate them.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Astralporing.1957

I wasn’t talking about challenge mote. I have no real problem with those being on a different level of difficulty (though i do dislike them having exclusive rewards).

It’s the basic level 100 that i was talking about.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

My only complaint that some mechanics are unnecessarily watered down from CM to non-cm such as the bouncing ball mechanic.. like learning to dodge all over again. I even join the normal run for boss 2 and I offer to do the orbs thing, only to a short while go back and say.. ‘oh yeah.. i forgot how kiddish this was on normal.’

I would rather have a normal and insanely hard mode than a faceroll easy and dps-check hard mode.. but that’s just me.

Arun Kar

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I wasn’t talking about challenge mote. I have no real problem with those being on a different level of difficulty (though i do dislike them having exclusive rewards).

It’s the basic level 100 that i was talking about.

Ah, the OP was talking about CM is why I was confused. They significantly nerfed the NM100 with the bug fix patch, and it’s much easier IMO than other encounters like T4 Mai Trin. None of the mechanics are one-shots, and you can go super bulky and just facetank nearly everything if you desire and basically guarantee a win. I encourage you to try it again post-patch with your favorite build; you’ll find that any comp works, it’s nothing like a raid, and the fractal is actually quite nice.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Astralporing.1957

Thanks for the info, will have to check it out again then at some time.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Moaaar challenge

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

This is a great feature to have. Older fractals could be modified to run challenge modes as well with their current state untouched.