Need some advice

Need some advice

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Artorias.4760

Artorias.4760

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice. I’ve been running cof p1 for gold for quite a while now and was under the impression that it was best to run three banners: discipline, strength and tactics.

I joined a group and the first warrior pinged discipline so I changed to strength and pinged it the third warrior pinged strength after me but I said no problem changed to tactics and pinged. Nothing was said.

We complete the first run easy and in good time with no comments. Second run we get to slave driver and one guy gets upset about my tactics banner. He’s going on about strength but someone had pinged it and was supposed to be running it, it was hard to understand what he wanted. Two strength or discipline banners, change to defence or something else? I say please scroll up to see why I changed. So I don’t change and we carry on. This is all happening in a decent time and we haven’t had to stop let alone wipe. At effigy I drop my tactics banner and the guy stops and goes nuts full caps we told you to change tactics is rubbish blah blah. So I say again to scroll up that way he can see why I changed and if he still doesn’t like it he knows what everyone else is running so he can tell me what he wants. Then I get kicked. Before boss is dead, so I’m raging, the only name I had was the mesmer’s and to my shame ranted a bit at them, which I did apologise for.

So my questions are: was I so wrong in picking tactics, because I thought the added boon duration is ok after discipline and strength had been taken and if I shouldn’t pick tactics after strength and discipline have been taken what should I run?

And finally if the guy who had the problem is reading this, dude wtf.

And finally, finally if the Mesmer I raged at is reading this I am sorry for taking it out on you, it is not the kind of impression i wish to give off as a gamer or a person. Thank you for being as understanding as you were I did not deserve for you to be so relaxed.

Leader of the most exclusive one man guild on Gunnar’s Hold (exe) Execute all

Need some advice

Posted by: TrojanBallz.2359

TrojanBallz.2359

Sorry to hear that. It is very unfortunate when you put the time and effort into a dungeon only to get kicked in the end over something so petty. Especially if the run was going smooth.

In my experience with running in pugs as of late, many want the warriors to stack strength. So with 4 warriors it will look something like this 3x Strength banners 1 Discipline and 2/3x Standard. I typically run FoGJ, OMM, Banner, Standard.

Need some advice

Artorias.4760

Thank you for the reply. I will run with the strength in future then. What wound me up was the manner in which he spoke to me if he had been as clear and concise as you have been of course I would have changed. I am doing the run for the same reasons as everyone else and if we can shave 10 secs off great.

This has been my first really negative pug experience and I let it get to me a little more than I should have considering all the fun runs with good people that I have had.

Need some advice

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

My advice is that twitter is that away.

Need some advice

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Banners don’t stack except for the might from Warbanner.

If two warriors already have Strength and Discipline covered, you should just bring For Great Justice, On My Mark, and Frenzy (or Shake it Off if you’re having trouble due to conditions but this is a slow group and L2Dodge issue).

Retired. Too many casuals.

Need some advice

Artorias.4760

Banners don’t stack except for the might from Warbanner.

If two warriors already have Strength and Discipline covered, you should just bring For Great Justice, On My Mark, and Frenzy (or Shake it Off if you’re having trouble due to conditions but this is a slow group and L2Dodge issue).

This is what I thought and why I asked the guy to look at what had been pinged when he was going on about the strength banner. Obviously I still made a mistake in choosing tactics but he was telling me to swap to strength… So I don’t know, whatever, I’ll move on thank you for your replies.