Nerf COF plz

Nerf COF plz

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Edgez.4236

Edgez.4236

ppl are jsut farming it making 6 minute runs for hours , if you dont you get behind in gold and makes all the rpices rise a LOT.
PLZ make it harder or with a lot less rewards because right now its repeat doign the same path of the same dungeon with only 1 class with 1 build or you cant afford anything, you can see yourself on the famous lfg website

Nerf COF plz

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Stop making duplicate threads. There is so many others. This is border spam attack on forums. Also, Please is spelled “Pls” or Please. Not “plz” or “pleaze”

Nerf COF plz

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t understand why you care.

Run something else.

Do something else.

Why is it that anything that is profitable in this game has to be made unprofitable? And why do you support it?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Nerf COF plz

Edgez.4236

if you enjoy doign the same thign over and over its fine but it cant be that so you either do that or be left behind, for excample you cant afford precursers unless you keep farming cof like a lot of ppl do

Nerf COF plz

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Why is it that anything that is profitable in this game has to be made unprofitable? And why do you support it?

This ^^^

I’m sick to death of nerfing every way to make money in the game.

Nerf COF plz

Edgez.4236

cause it makes the game dull and boring and if you dotn play dull and boring you end up with nothing, why are you so upset about this? are you one of those gold sellers wich multi box wariors to farm gold? if i were an admin i would look into all of ya

Nerf COF plz

Edgez.4236

and cause if i want a legendary why must i famr for hours cof for the precursers or the price will rise every time higher than the gold i got? content shouldnt be nto acceclible if you dotn famr , this game was based on an anti farming basis thats why i bought it in the first place but seeing it revert to these dull forms of mmo makes me sad

Nerf COF plz

TooBz.3065

cause it makes the game dull and boring and if you dotn play dull and boring you end up with nothing, why are you so upset about this? are you one of those gold sellers wich multi box wariors to farm gold? if i were an admin i would look into all of ya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Nerf COF plz

Edgez.4236

think why has gw2 lost so many ppl it because of things like this

Nerf COF plz

TooBz.3065

and cause if i want a legendary why must i famr for hours cof for the precursers or the price will rise every time higher than the gold i got? content shouldnt be nto acceclible if you dotn famr , this game was based on an anti farming basis thats why i bought it in the first place but seeing it revert to these dull forms of mmo makes me sad

Now this is a reasonable statement. If I may read between the lines. Your view point is that because so many people run COF P1 and make so much money it causes an increase in the money supply which in turn drives up the price of a precursor.

Therefore, you think that if they make COF P1 less profitable the cost of the precursor will stabilize and become affordable.

Personally, I’m skeptical of this line of reasoning. In general, the price of the precursor can be thought of as a function of the number that are available, how many people want them, and how much money those people are willing to spend.

If you nerf COF P1, it may be that the amount that people are willing to spend drops. But it also may be that there are fewer exotics going into the mystic forge and therefore less precusors are being produced.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Nerf COF plz

TooBz.3065

posting links to latin doesnt make you look smart it makes you look liek a kid who found out about wiki and doesnt even know what the link he posted means

It means attacking a person rather than the argument. It’s like saying that my statement is invalid because I’m a bad person instead of engaging in the argument.

FYI, it’s spelled “like”.

To answer your other statement:

My friends have all left GW2 because of the introduction of the ascended gear grind and the “carebear” (their words) attitude toward nerfs and WvW.

Not one has said they left because a precursor was too hard to get.

Nerf COF plz

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

If you nerf COF P1, it may be that the amount that people are willing to spend drops. But it also may be that there are fewer exotics going into the mystic forge and therefore less precusors are being produces.

Not accurate. People run CoF p1 for gold not tokens. They use the accumulated gold to gain buying power, to buy precursors not make them.

Nerf COF plz

TooBz.3065

If you nerf COF P1, it may be that the amount that people are willing to spend drops. But it also may be that there are fewer exotics going into the mystic forge and therefore less precusors are being produces.

Not accurate. People run CoF p1 for gold not tokens. They use the accumulated gold to gain buying power, to buy precursors not make them.

Possibly, my point is that a change in COF p1 may have consequences beyond gold / hour.

Nerf COF plz

KazNaka.4718

When I see no one running the dungeons I want to run, and see lots of people running CoF p1, it does dishearten me quite a bit. The game is rather dull and, dungeon-wise, boring. However, even though it is sad, they are not the reason. What makes a game dull is that it has lost its intrinsic value of being fun, perhaps from too much repetition or whatever it may be.

You don’t have to join those farming runs because you don’t need so much gold. Legendary weapons are not the end all be all solution that solves the game’s boredom.

Nerf COF plz

Edgez.4236

havign ascendant gear in wvw doesnt make a difference, i was jsut making an example with precursers, my main point is the only way to make gold right now is famrign cof path 1 for hours or the amount you make get less in value faster than you gain more ( sorry if my english isnt perfect im not english or american ) so ppl who are nto farmign cof have almost no buying power , ruining the market , as the drops farmed in cof are mainly the silver you get from monsters and or chests

Nerf COF plz

KazNaka.4718

just stop and ask yourself: “what do you need to buy that is so essential to having fun in the game?” Don’t you already have exotics? Nay, I think the reason you’re not having fun lies somewhere else.

Nerf COF plz

Edgez.4236

you havent ready any psots than or didnt understand them my main point is the gold of the ppl who arent farmign cof for hours with zerker warrior is worthless as it lowers in value faster than they can make more

Nerf COF plz

TooBz.3065

I completely agree that there is a problem with the way loot is distributed in the game. Earning gold is not fun.

I feel like it would be better to distribute the gold sources in the game more evenly, rather than nerf the best source of money. Anything becomes stale and dull after a while. (FYI, I don’t run COF p1 anymore, for this reason).

I’d rather give incentives to go and do other things. For example, match rewards to the difficulty of the dungeon. Maybe Arah should give 3 times the reward of COF?

Nerf COF plz

KazNaka.4718

I’d rather give incentives to go and do other things. For example, match rewards to the difficulty of the dungeon. Maybe Arah should give 3 times the reward of COF?

YES. I’m all for this. I never understood why some legendary (purple) bosses in Arah don’t drop a 10s loot when they die. Path 1: ooze boss; path 2: abomination; path 3: mage boss; path 4: melandru and grenth. All of these bosses take time to get to and time to kill. Increasing the reward is only appropriate. It isn’t like Arah is going to become the next CoF p1. It just makes people run Arah more often, which is good.

Nerf COF plz

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Hey Edgez.4236,

as there already is an active thread revolving around the same topic, we would like you to continue your discussion over there, as it makes it easier for us to collect your feedback and keep the forum clean. Therefore we decided to close this thread.

You can find the thread I mentioned over here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Revamp-Cof-dungeons-and-remove-boulders-trap/

Thanks for your understanding.