Nerf TA F/U

Nerf TA F/U

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Please nerf the ta f/u nightmare tree… well the spiders. is there a way to do this? we have full project reflect and we jst get swarmed and they never despwan. been on this part for 30 mins now.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Thief
Dungeon Build 15/15/10/30/0

I think I found the issue in your signature.

And please stop asking for dungeon nerfs, they are already easy enough.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Melee and cycle reflects/absorbs. It’s possible to do after a wipe but a lot harder than it is the first time. If you decide it’s too hard then your team has failed and has to repeat the dungeon so you can get it right on the first attempt. Sorry.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

thats not updated kitten. i posted that like 6 months ago.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Take you time, and deal with the spiders as they come, it’s not really a hard boss fight, just long. no need to rush it.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Ather.5091

Ather.5091

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/TA-F-U-spiders-change

this must be the 5th thread dedicated to the TA F/U end boss

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

So does this mean that TA forward / up is the new Subject Alpha?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

So does this mean that TA forward / up is the new Subject Alpha?

Or the new Simin, or the new Searing Effigy. There’s probably more for that list.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

if I get 1g for each post about this path I would’ve got another legendary by now

Oceanic [LOD]

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

use a ranged weapon. stay out of the room. let the npc die. if you pull any spiders, kill them off.

even 3/5 people in a group all using skill 1 on a rifle / longbow / etc will bring the tree down inside 10 mins. it’s a little boring, yes, but it still takes almost no time.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

use a ranged weapon. stay out of the room. let the npc die. if you pull any spiders, kill them off.

even 3/5 people in a group all using skill 1 on a rifle / longbow / etc will bring the tree down inside 10 mins. it’s a little boring, yes, but it still takes almost no time.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but that’s bad advice.

This boss can be done in 1 minute before the even spider mobs spawn if you just go in and melee from the start. A guardian or mesmer putting up reflection always helps if one or two spider mobs do spawn though, just gotta know when to put them up and rotate them.

Boss being done in 1 minute without armor on…

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Originally I said this couldn’t be done with a pug, because pugs are idiotic. But the other day I just happened to come across 3 wars and a guardian whilst on my LH ele and we destroyed it. The one guardian’s set of reflects were enough, and I popped a swirling winds at the end for good measure. That was about it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The problem with pugs is that the likelihood that a ranger or condi necro pops up and that you don’t have a single guardian is pretty high. So you gotta do it the hard way and just circle kite spiders with ranged.

You simply can’t take a video of an organized group as proof for recommendation.

Just an hour ago I did a TA, got a ranger in the group, who I had to scold for using a bear and told him to switch to drake if survivability of the pet was his concern without gutting his damage output.

And pretty much every ranger I see never, ever, uses a kitten melee weapon. And neither do most necros or mesmers for that matter.

People are still tied to this archetypal image of caster = range, plate= melee. It makes for really crap pugs.

I’ve had the same in aetherblade where this idiotic ranger would just stand in a crate and shoot at a golem while me and the warrior were trying to melee him around and so she constantly pulled the golem to be hit by a laser.

Getting people to melee, and do so properly in this game has been such a pain for me, where I just refuse to run outside guild groups.

Nerf TA F/U

swiftpaw.6397

The problem with pugs is that the likelihood that a ranger or condi necro pops up and that you don’t have a single guardian is pretty high. So you gotta do it the hard way and just circle kite spiders with ranged.

You simply can’t take a video of an organized group as proof for recommendation.

Just an hour ago I did a TA, got a ranger in the group, who I had to scold for using a bear and told him to switch to drake if survivability of the pet was his concern without gutting his damage output.

And pretty much every ranger I see never, ever, uses a kitten melee weapon. And neither do most necros or mesmers for that matter.

People are still tied to this archetypal image of caster = range, plate= melee. It makes for really crap pugs.

I’ve had the same in aetherblade where this idiotic ranger would just stand in a crate and shoot at a golem while me and the warrior were trying to melee him around and so she constantly pulled the golem to be hit by a laser.

Getting people to melee, and do so properly in this game has been such a pain for me, where I just refuse to run outside guild groups.

Sometimes I feel pugging is like playing Russian roulette except every shot has a bullet. It’s down to pure chance what quality of players you get and most times there’s always gonna be at least 1 or two really awful players you have to deal with. Best you can do is try to influence it by gear checking or advertising for certain classes/builds, although even with good gear/builds/class setups people can be awful.. but it can sure reduce the likelihood.

Nerf TA F/U

Wukunlin.8461

I agree with you but back to the title of this thread, I think we need to ask a serious question:

Does a pug-unfriendly boss fight mean it deserves a nerf?

My personal answer is no. Too many encounters have been changed unnecessarily and were probably because people complained their pug groups couldn’t do it.

Oceanic [LOD]

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

I agree with you but back to the title of this thread, I think we need to ask a serious question:

My personal answer is no. Too many encounters have been changed unnecessarily and were probably because people complained their pug groups couldn’t do it.

Ya pretty much this, even though this boss can be tough in pugs that dont have/dont know they have reflect skills it doesn’t mean the boss needs to be nerfed. If everything becomes a faceroll with every class and 0 group coordination.. dungeons will become so easy and boring they will suck

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Nerf TA F/U

swiftpaw.6397

Ya pretty much this, even though this boss can be tough in pugs that dont have/dont know they have reflect skills it doesn’t mean the boss needs to be nerfed. If everything becomes a faceroll with every class and 0 group coordination.. dungeons will become so easy and boring they will suck

This plus- Boss doesn’t need nerf.. Pugs need to get better.

Nerf TA F/U

Zenith.7301

Instead it’s the boring scenario of bring a guardian or two and the rest warriors with 1 conjure elementalist.

It’s fun if you have those classes but not so much for rangers or engineers or necromancers.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Is there any dungeon out there that has an encounter that requires/better off with a ranger, engineer, or necro?

There are quite a few encounters that are set up for one of the ‘holy trinity’ classes of GW2. Sadly, the ranger, engie, and necro don’t have a niche in dungeon play it appears atm. To bring one of these 3 classes in your group actually lessens the efficiency of the group. A game should not be designed this way.

This encounter is another example.

Nerf TA F/U

Zenith.7301

Aetherblade Retreat’s laser encounter should be enough proof that they don’t give a flying crap about pet/minion classes. The pet even makes the final encounter more of a pain because the boss will aggro to the pet and so guiding her over the electric field becomes more difficult.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

well i just did F/U with spiders and tree.. ( group fell apart after 1hr) for some reason when you clear the spiders in front of it every thing went fine.. then when we single target the tree about 100 spiders come at us dont know if it was a bug or not but more than the room full of spiders came no matter who hit the tree even if it was a single ( non bouncing shot ) ( with no pets or illusions) the whole freeking room came at us ,,, dont know if Anet changed this path f/u but it sucks …

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

well i just did F/U with spiders and tree.. ( group fell apart after 1hr) for some reason when you clear the spiders in front of it every thing went fine.. then when we single target the tree about 100 spiders come at us dont know if it was a bug or not but more than the room full of spiders came no matter who hit the tree even if it was a single ( non bouncing shot ) ( with no pets or illusions) the whole freeking room came at us ,,, dont know if Anet changed this path f/u but it sucks …

Yes, they changed this boss a couple weeks ago. You can no longer range it from the entrance. The best option is melee (best option always was melee) and chain reflects, the boss can dies in under 1 minute. If you have no reflects than apparently kite and range works, although I haven’t tried that way.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: EldrikCZ.1209

EldrikCZ.1209

Our attempt to finish Forward/UP =/ 6 attempts but no chance.
2 Warriors, 2 Guardians, 1 Necromancer

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYfXhHBeco

Commander
Legacy of Alchera [LOA] – czech
Piken Square [EU]

Nerf TA F/U

laharl.8435

Well that was painful to watch, and I watched from my phone so I probably didn’t see everything you did wrong.

The whole point of reflect is to stand in it, don’t be on the same side the projectiles are coming from. Two guardians is plenty reflect to do this boss.
I love the name of the vid, “Unkillable Boss?”.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

This is ridiculous. So if you fail at the start, you have 0 chance to finish it? :|

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Nerf TA F/U

laharl.8435

This is ridiculous. So if you fail at the start, you have 0 chance to finish it? :|

No, I failed the first time. We ran in too fast and got downed by the lifesteal it does on the NPC. Went back in and killed it in less than a minute.

Nerf TA F/U

penatbater.4710

No, I failed the first time. We ran in too fast and got downed by the lifesteal it does on the NPC. Went back in and killed it in less than a minute.

How do you deal with tthe gazillion spiders running around?

Nerf TA F/U

laharl.8435

How do you deal with tthe gazillion spiders running around?

They didn’t come in close, they stayed at a distance and our reflects protected us. It worked the same as if we hadn’t failed initially.

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

can some one make a u tube on how to do this boss fight ( the broken way of doing it ) so we kill it in under 1 min i would like to see this ….

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

All dungeons are trivial.

Tl;DR

pls stop QQ ))

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: EldrikCZ.1209

EldrikCZ.1209

All dungeons are trivial.

Tl;DR

pls stop QQ ))

So please, can you give us an advice how to defeat this boss? =)

Commander
Legacy of Alchera [LOA] – czech
Piken Square [EU]

Nerf TA F/U

jwaz.1908

All I saw was you guys playing extremely badly, and not executing the strategy properly. If you watch either of my guild’s videos, you’ll see that this boss can be done easily with that strategy as long as you do it right.

First off the video wasn’t of your first attempt, which is crucial for this strategy to work, you don’t get to mess up and try again. Secondly, the guardians didn’t chain reflects properly, AND even when Wall of Reflection was up 3 of you were behind it, rendering it completely useless, which was human error not bad boss design.

I’m getting tired of the QQ and people claiming this boss to be impossible. Sure this boss can be hard if everyone is ranging, if you have condi builds and run whatever professions you want, and most of all, if the players executing the strategy don’t know how to play.

Regular Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0B3ua0GEq8
Naked Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBkjdkhi0c

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

(edited by jwaz.1908)

Nerf TA F/U

penatbater.4710

Somehow when you rush into it, the boss spawns 4 recluse along with a number of smaller spiders. Those are the things that kills us. As soon as we kill them, they respawn back. Or are we not supposed to kill them?

Nerf TA F/U

jwaz.1908

Somehow when you rush into it, the boss spawns 4 recluse along with a number of smaller spiders. Those are the things that kills us. As soon as we kill them, they respawn back. Or are we not supposed to kill them?

You’re suppose to ignore the mobs entirely, and just DPS the Nightmare Tree down as fast as possible. If you stand inside reflection and melee the boss from the start, you can easily defeat this boss before more than 1 or 2 mobs spawn, since their spawning is actually tied to an ability of the Nightmare Tree itself.

Please refer to the videos I have linked above to see this strategy done properly.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

0/ you failed the first attempt which is pretty hard to fail if your group has decent damage output (which.. really should be the case of a melee group with 2 war, 2 guard and 1 melee necro (can’t really see in that blurry vid whether that necro uses daggers or not) but it does make things 10 times more painful than it should be if you failed this once and try to chop that tree after a wipe. Although it’s still recoverable but it requires pixel perfect cycling of reflection and having some luck with shield of the avenger not dropping dead before its first activation if you still want to give melee a go after a wipe.
1/ reflection is meant to be cycled
2/ you aren’t even taking advantage of the wall of reflection put at the beginning. This makes guardians cry so much when it happens.
3/ dat shout heal is not helping you.
4/ dat shout heal is not helping you.
5/ dat shout heal is not helping you.
6/ target the boss if you want to use something like on my mark… what’s up with using that on the closest silver spidey
6/ when you realize shout heal is not kitten helping you get a real trait build. My naked warrior (losing out on armor and rune damage bonus) does more damage than your fully armored war.
7/ warbanner is meant to be used as an opener if you want to burn something down quickly, not as an emergency rez
8/ stop camping the greatsword, if you don’t want a dual melee rotation (switching between gs and axe all the time) get and camp the axe. Greatsword without a weapon rotation is wrongsword.
9/ tell whoever used banners to stay the hell away from Discipline unless he’s making a troll video but if you wiped 6 times at the boss you’ve gone long past the time for trolling around. Banner of discipline but no banner of strength? You can’t crit on that boss.
10/ jwaz’s link to a “regular” version is actually my troll video. The naked version is a better example of how you’re supposed to do it regardless of whether you wear armor or not.

The melee method is incredibly easy with the group set up you had but you seem to believe that it just amounts to “press 2 to win”. Your video would be a good follow up for Eugene’s Warrior Guide.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Thief

lol what a butt response but so true. I agree dungeons are way too easy. If any path of anything needs a nerf it is Arah path 4. Still takes way too long even with an epic group.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

(edited by Tears.5627)

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Thief

Yeah, let’s call out someone playing a profession other than yours (or one of the other OP professions) because they don’t have the game breaking mechanics to make this run “easy.”

Why don’t we try to help people who want this engagement to go easier with actual tips, since the subtitle of this section of the forum is “Players helping players,” not “players insulting other players based on their builds or profession.”

And all the +1s, no wonder people don’t bother asking for help from this forum more than once, when the stock answer is “L2P nub.” This is not the first post about the infinite spider spawn on this path, so before you criticize, perhaps you should research a bit.

To the OP: Dulfy has a fantastic guide for F/U path that specifically calls for a thief (or mes of course) to stealth the party through a certain section:

http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/twilight-arbor-explorable-guide-lets-go-forward

and make sure you are potted up with the nightmare court slaying potion, and for extra DPS use the sigil of dreams/sigil of night combo.

The infinite spider spawn isn’t directly addressed in any guide that I have read so far, but if you stay together and can get a refuge off, it may just reset them a bit.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Nerf TA F/U

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Thief

Yeah, let’s call out someone playing a profession other than yours (or one of the other OP professions) because they don’t have the game breaking mechanics to make this run “easy.”

Why don’t we try to help people who want this engagement to go easier with actual tips, since the subtitle of this section of the forum is “Players helping players,” not “players insulting other players based on their builds or profession.”

And all the +1s, no wonder people don’t bother asking for help from this forum more than once, when the stock answer is “L2P nub.” This is not the first post about the infinite spider spawn on this path, so before you criticize, perhaps you should research a bit.

To the OP: Dulfy has a fantastic guide for F/U path that specifically calls for a thief (or mes of course) to stealth the party through a certain section:

http://guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/twilight-arbor-explorable-guide-lets-go-forward

and make sure you are potted up with the nightmare court slaying potion, and for extra DPS use the sigil of dreams/sigil of night combo.

The infinite spider spawn isn’t directly addressed in any guide that I have read so far, but if you stay together and can get a refuge off, it may just reset them a bit.

Wait.
First, I main a thief. And second, the OP asked for a nerf. Thats the thing that bugs me.

“Oh, dungeons is too hard. NERFNERFNERF.”

All I want to say is, that, if you have problems with a dungeon in this game, you should look at yourself first. Maybe you’re just a bad player. Maybe you’re doing it wrong.

And there is nothing wrong with beeing a bad player. I’m not Mr. uberhaxxor. But when I fail, I try again. With a different tactic, different group, different something.
Point in case: Lupicus. It took me 6 different groups and countless trys to kill this guy.
“OMG LUPI OP”-posts written by me? Zero.
And don’t start with arah p4 before the nerf… one frigging day…

No, beeing bad or unexperienced (call it whatever you want) is nothing to be ashamed of.
But if you fail for half a hour and then run crying to the forums, thats just sad. Man up and ask for help. Don’t blame the game.

(edited by Molch.2078)

Nerf TA F/U

Wukunlin.8461

Thief

1. That reply talked about OP’s build, not profession
2. The subtitle of this section of the forum is “Talk over dungeon strategy, thoughts, groups, and more.” Players helping players is the other subforum
3. Yes, this is not the first thread about the infinite spawns in this path, and if you actually read those threads, people have shown strategies that successfully completed the path.
4. The guide you linked is written on 31st of October last year. The infinite spawn is added recently.

Oceanic [LOD]