New 100cm made me ragequit Gw2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I finally got the title imo the foght is fine the only thing that really bothers me is how much i can zoom out and ifc some bugs.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Even with all that amount of dodge power (wich should be insane, other classes have only half, or less amount of dodges), I took 9000 lightning beam damage, cause of the big amount of adds AND enrage that triggers on all of them. I also had lots of interrupts and blinds going. All useless.

If you are getting hit by the lightning beam, it’s because you failed to focus down the large Viirastra clones. The whole point of those is that you aren’t supposed to leave them up, in fact they even have break bars so you can break them and burst them immediately when they spawn. She only spawns one of these every 45 seconds or so if you do the marble right. To me it sounds like your group just isn’t properly executing the mechanics, as in my experience Viirastra is pretty simple when everyone is on point, regardless of comp, especially considering you get a free res every transition.

Then there’s a mystery for me. Cause my observations. They cast smaller versions apon dying. The speed in wich they die, doesn’t remove the clones they summon. I will try this on next attempt. There were times i insantly spiked 15000 condi damage on an elite, and still had 5+ smaller ones get summoned.

But maybe there’s hope. Ty for your response I asked plenty people why the adds summon or how to do visaastra and nobody ever mentioned a prevention tactic of preventing adds. Maybe there’s secret after all to make Arkk doable as nightmare. Thanks for still reading and responding. That’s a very positive thing.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

@ Gullig

While English may not be your native tongue, I found your narrative to be compelling and interesting. There were strong indications that despite the frustration, you are trying (and succeeding, unless I miss my guess) to make lemonade out of the Arkk lemon. Were you to want advice, I’d suggest focusing on the tongue in cheek rather than the frustration. Regardless, if you do decide to move on, I hope you find other challenges and fun wherever you go. If you decide to stay, there is no problem with foregoing something you don’t enjoy in favor of doing the paths you do enjoy.

P. S. I hope your arm gets better soon.

zealex.9410

I am of the opinion, fractals should be fractals, and raid raids. If you wanna spoil raid people, make 20 raids a year, but leave fractals alone.

Your suggestion: Don’t d CM Arkk. Don’t make me laugh. Seriously. I avoided it as the pest cause i knew it would be out of my league so l already tried normal. Guess what with 5 people that play well but ABSOLUTELY are not meta (just a correct build that can do any not CM fractal), we couldnt even get past a pre-boss. And after deep analize, ‘are we that bad, is their a secret like in CM we will learn in future to survive better’? Conclusion: 90% certain: No. In Nightmare there is the aoe marker on the second last boss that looks innocent, but summons a very annoying elite add. That’s a secret you learn after 10-20 times. And make suddenly all the way easier. Visaastra is to chaotic for ‘easy’ ‘tactical overcoming’ her power. For instance, all adds case lightning beam. Even as a thief (i tested in on purpose) spamming all dodges of the world (until i was dry out, but party was half dead, so was good moment to test), Even with all that amount of dodge power (wich should be insane, other classes have only half, or less amount of dodges), I took 9000 lightning beam damage, cause of the big amount of adds AND enrage that triggers on all of them. I also had lots of interrupts and blinds going. All useless.

So all these people talking it’s easy like hell, i can only conclude they are addicted (rely an insane amount on) Druid and Chrono heal/support spam. That already pre-concludes the new elite specs won’t put a dent in the fractal meta, and will make it even more boring. Groups that use Chrono/druid to succes (non CM version) are in my opinions non ethical enough to be able to call on this forum the opinion ‘this fractal is easy’. Ofc it’s easy. This profession combo, doubles overall your survivability and effectiveness. Other fractals (even nightmare now) do not rely on the druid/chrono meta. I still need to see proof, that Arkk is similar.

Another thing that comes to mind. At start of nightmare, not everyone had fractal potions. Now everyone serious has them. I remember being very mad for the dodge heavy pressure of last boss, when i only had two dodges; I needed to equip vigor to survive. With the potion the fractal got easier. We got powercreep to counter the harder fractal.

This is not the cast for Arkk. There is no powercreep left, and you now sort of require another +1 dodge in Visaastra (and Arkk to from what i’ve seen on youtube). That means 4 dodges on a 10 second interval. Yes you can kill 1 dodge with druid heal spam. Yes classes like warrior that can use GS3 basically also have +1 dodge.

The groups that avoid 100 and 99 avoid them by choice. No one told them to not do them they decided so.

What does it mean leave raids be raods and leave fractals ne fractals? Raids have stopped being actual raids since w3 because they were “too hard”. Same with the fractals some fractals got harder because oreviously fractals were a ded boring joke.

And explain to me about what fractals are supposed to be? How do you know better than te devs or other ppl? Back in 2013 the devs didnt know how to make well polished content ( no offence but its true). Now that they managed ppl sudenly complain.

Who are you to say fractals arent supposed to be hard or fractals are supposed to be easy? If it wasnt for these imo more enjoyable fractaps i would have quit the game ages ago.

The cm is clearly outside the t4 circle it doesnt infuence anything. Therefor why complaining about it?

Im ok anout nerfing normal 99 and 100 but if the cms arent targeted to you why do you come here and tell the devs and players who do like them how they are supposed to be?

The second boss is litterally 2 things no1 kill the big adds no2 lead the adds to the boss and cleave.
After the first phase tou sent someone who can do the marble to do it while you repeat these 2 steps.

(edited by zealex.9410)

zealex.9410

Even with all that amount of dodge power (wich should be insane, other classes have only half, or less amount of dodges), I took 9000 lightning beam damage, cause of the big amount of adds AND enrage that triggers on all of them. I also had lots of interrupts and blinds going. All useless.

If you are getting hit by the lightning beam, it’s because you failed to focus down the large Viirastra clones. The whole point of those is that you aren’t supposed to leave them up, in fact they even have break bars so you can break them and burst them immediately when they spawn. She only spawns one of these every 45 seconds or so if you do the marble right. To me it sounds like your group just isn’t properly executing the mechanics, as in my experience Viirastra is pretty simple when everyone is on point, regardless of comp, especially considering you get a free res every transition.

Then there’s a mystery for me. Cause my observations. They cast smaller versions apon dying. The speed in wich they die, doesn’t remove the clones they summon. I will try this on next attempt. There were times i insantly spiked 15000 condi damage on an elite, and still had 5+ smaller ones get summoned.

But maybe there’s hope. Ty for your response I asked plenty people why the adds summon or how to do visaastra and nobody ever mentioned a prevention tactic of preventing adds. Maybe there’s secret after all to make Arkk doable as nightmare. Thanks for still reading and responding. That’s a very positive thing.

Only the big mobs cast the lightning attack once you kill them all the smaler ones are melee so you simply let them follow you on boss and y9u cleave eveything down.

zealex.9410

@Gullig Man ill tell you what i did after the first day i tried it (wiped on arkk for like 3 hours) i decided ti leave the boss and w8 for ppl to learn the fight better. In the mean time i watched some kills on youtube and ask for advise from the ppl that aploaded them. A week or 2 after i went in and was better at it than even ppl who had the title.

Posted by: Gullig.8796

Gullig.8796

Gulling.. don’t let this break you. Do other stuff and play other thing in the game .. or maybe come back again later when most ppl master it better.. we used to do 100cm for holo dancer and the core where I can sell for gold. But later stop doing it.. don’t hv the patience for it. And the effort.
Oh btw Dessa is Arkk’s mom?? ol

Ty for cheering me up! I will not be broken that easily, I come from a land where we have -40 Celsius in the winter. Though I love fractals so much and I don´t know what else I should do in the game. Kind of like loosing a very dear friend.

Ps) Arkks dad is that eye from Lord of the rings. He is scared of his son.

@ Gullig

While English may not be your native tongue, I found your narrative to be compelling and interesting. There were strong indications that despite the frustration, you are trying (and succeeding, unless I miss my guess) to make lemonade out of the Arkk lemon. Were you to want advice, I’d suggest focusing on the tongue in cheek rather than the frustration. Regardless, if you do decide to move on, I hope you find other challenges and fun wherever you go. If you decide to stay, there is no problem with foregoing something you don’t enjoy in favor of doing the paths you do enjoy.

You might just be…spot on
I have almost returned to normal state now, though I can only play games that fit my patience when it comes to wiping (Candy Crush, Super Mario Bros 1). Also on the positive note – I now know who will be my mental opponent on future boxing-classes.

Arm is much better, ty so much for asking. I bet you are the kind of player that can cheer up any pug in no time on a rainy day!

@Gullig Man ill tell you what i did after the first day i tried it (wiped on arkk for like 3 hours) i decided ti leave the boss and w8 for ppl to learn the fight better. In the mean time i watched some kills on youtube and ask for advise from the ppl that aploaded them. A week or 2 after i went in and was better at it than even ppl who had the title.

Ty for the tip. I watched the Youtube-fights a few times before trying 100cm for the first time, but Arkk just kept on killing us anyway. For days. It´s them one shot abilities that I remember so well from my time in Wow. They will always kill pug-players, someone will always rage, a keyboard or two breaks on a regular basis. Everyone like me and their cats have a horrible time on those conditions. I´m very happy for you, and all the rest who got the title though! I hope this fractal is for you and that it gives you the same pleasure as Chaos, aka “DISCO FLOOR FOREVER!”, fractal gave me.

zealex.9410

Gulling.. don’t let this break you. Do other stuff and play other thing in the game .. or maybe come back again later when most ppl master it better.. we used to do 100cm for holo dancer and the core where I can sell for gold. But later stop doing it.. don’t hv the patience for it. And the effort.

Ty for cheering me up! I will not be broken that easily, I come from a land where we have -40 Celsius in the winter. Though I love fractals so much and I don´t know what else I should do in the game. Kind of like loosing a very dear friend.

@ Gullig

I have almost returned to normal state now, though I can only play games that fit my patience when it comes to wiping (Candy Crush, Super Mario Bros 1). Also on the positive note – I now know who will be my mental opponent on future boxing-classes.

Arm is much better, ty so much for asking. I bet you are the kind of player that can cheer up any pug in no time on a rainy day!

Ty for the tip. I watched the Youtube-fights a few times before trying 100cm for the first time, but Arkk just kept on killing us anyway. For days. It´s them one shot abilities that I remember so well from my time in Wow. They will always kill pug-players, someone will always rage, a keyboard or two breaks on a regular basis. Everyone like me and their cats have a horrible time on those conditions. I´m very happy for you, and all the rest who got the title though! I hope this fractal is for you and that it gives you the same pleasure as Chaos, aka “DISCO FLOOR FOREVER!”, fractal gave me.

I wouldnt call ot the chaos fractal 2.0 as its not as cancerous as chaos is. And tbh f they fix the anomaly spawn the the disapearing floor is ok imo

Posted by: ListenToMe.5130

ListenToMe.5130

@ Gullig

I wouldnt call ot the chaos fractal 2.0 as its not as cancerous as chaos is. And tbh f they fix the anomaly spawn the the disapearing floor is ok imo

I highly doubt anomaly plus floors is unintended. You need to focus anomaly faster. That’s what makes it fun. More RNG. Less scripted. Glorious. If you don’t like it play a lower level fractal, no?

zealex.9410

@ Gullig

I highly doubt anomaly plus floors is unintended. You need to focus anomaly faster. That’s what makes it fun. More RNG. Less scripted. Glorious. If you don’t like it play a lower level fractal, no?

The anomaly isnt rng it has a timer to spawn so you.kinda know when it will spawn. The dissapearing floor ia abit of a cluster kitten and it should somwhow be adressed.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Either way I’m never playing this game again. I don’t care how cute the new mount bunny is.

I totally understand, Burnout happens, and you know what, taking a break is not a bad idea, stepping back and chilling off, playing some other game, or, maybe even go out side and play for a bit, can do wonders to help you revisit how much you want to invest in this game, and if it is worth the frustration.

You might come to realize that, you hit your cap, either due to skill, or simply not having the raw time to invest into mastering the mechanics, that also happens. Not everyone is going to be a twitch-god, and realizing that some content is beyond you, will happen, I am horrible at Jump puzzles, I realize that I will never master them, and will never develop that twitch skill to be good at them. I also hate doing them, which explains why I don’t bother to try and master them.

The best advice I can give you, is “never play a game past the point when it ceases being fun”

I took a year long break, and it’s been good for me, played other games, and with the expansion, I am testing the waters to see if I want to return. If the things that drove me away the first time, are as abundant as they always have been.. then.. well.. I have other options.. you might want to do the same.

Wish the best for you.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Triggerbrand.8072

Triggerbrand.8072

Maybe… get better?

Anyways for the Fractal Devs, can we get like a sound cue for the green on Ark? Like VG’s green?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I didn’t rage quit, but beating it the first time did give me a headache that lasted for 3 days.

The worst part was, I couldn’t find a group that didn’t demand the title. Nobody did teaching runs or pug runs, it was always “Title, show loot, specific classes”. In order to do the fractal, I had to form my own group. And more importantly, I had to figure out how to beat each of the bosses new attacks on my own.

The hard part was getting people to cooperate. My team quickly filled with your standard newbie; full of hope but empty on skill and poor listening skills. We died to the first doom against Artsariiv about 4 times in a row, all because nobody on the team would listen when I said “Kill the anomaly that spawns in the center of the room before you do anything else”. It was like this for… basically every mechanic of every boss. Die to the mechanic, come up with a strategy, die 4 more times to that same mechanic because paying attention to chat is for other people.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.