New CoF after patch = BS??

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HoneyBee.5704

HoneyBee.5704

the new patch for CoF is total BS! the mobs are impossible to kill. and dont the AoEs have any cooldowns? we tried to chain suicide and it didn’t work. we tried killing and when we jsut finished killing 1 mob, 3 more spawned. is it even doable after the latest patch? i wonder what the designers have been doing? anyone ever completed CoF after latest patch? isn’t dungeon meant for anyone? don’t tell me only a group of 5 guardians can survive the kiting?

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

the new patch for CoF is total BS! the mobs are impossible to kill. and dont the AoEs have any cooldowns? we tried to chain suicide and it didn’t work. we tried killing and when we jsut finished killing 1 mob, 3 more spawned. is it even doable after the latest patch? i wonder what the designers have been doing? anyone ever completed CoF after latest patch? isn’t dungeon meant for anyone? don’t tell me only a group of 5 guardians can survive the kiting?

So the patch has been live less than a day, and you are complaining already?

Right….

HoneyBee.5704

Right….

go try it before you even comment

Posted by: Icytears.2647

Icytears.2647

Right….

go try it before you even comment

You took the words out of my mouth D=.

@Lewis, yeah. go try it before you comment.

Posted by: Daeo.9738

Daeo.9738

I would have to agree, we just ran it and the DR on the tokens just straight make me log off. Die 5 times to get through magg exploding the wall just to not even get a decent reward. Before you say something, the group i was with was full exotics as am i and we did not have enough damage to kill the mobs before they over ran us.

Either the mobs need to spawn slower, or they need their damage reduced. The rest of the dungeon is not a problem, and kiting the boss while you kill the acolyte’s is easy.

Posted by: Touche Amore.2083

Touche Amore.2083

Sorry, but only a group of 5 guardians can survive the kiting…..if they’re lucky

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

My pug managed to finish after several attempts, though I’m still not sure how, I think in total we killed 2 mobs, the first smokelord before the second wave and one of his friends just from splash damage I guess, the rest we just tried to kite and corpse ran as fast as possible. Kind of a dumb way to play an event imo. The ranged just slaughter you when you’re trying to avoid 10 mobs, can’t see anything, and can only dodge once every 10 seconds.

+Some of us got 60 tokens, one said he got 20, not sure how that’s working out.

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Thenoob.1480)

Posted by: dli.2491

dli.2491

I thought this patch was to improve the dungeon as a whole…..

NOPE. Back to the infamous Bomb Room. We tried fighting and kiting. After many attempts until we decided we didn’t want to spend a gold on repairs, we called it quits.

Seriously, I thought this would have been fixed among all the other things in CoF. Can you people at ANet post a video of YOU GUYS doing this and completing it? In case anyone is curious, my team was very well geared with most of us full exotic, so this is not a gear issue. There’s gotta be some way to do this, but I just want some form of visual guide from the ones who created it.

Posted by: Afkjosh.3912

Afkjosh.3912

Just did CoF magg side. 30 tokens for first run of the day. Thanks for nothing.

Currently Playing ~ Lich Lord Joshua – (Necro)
WvW Rank ~ 2,4xx / WvW Kills ~ 1xx,xxx / PvP Rank ~ 7x
EBAY ~ [Void] → FA/SoS ~ [HOPE] → FA ~ [CM] → FA/DB ~ [TheD] → ?

Posted by: CoffeeMug.9540

CoffeeMug.9540

I also just did CoF Magg, I gotten 60 tokens at the end, we managed to kite the event with 2 warriors, 2 rangers, 1 thief by killing the first Smokefire(Or whoever shoots AOE fire) then chain suiciding the event while keeping away from Magg.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
- Marcus Aurelius

(edited by CoffeeMug.9540)

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

Its doable but be prepared to waste like 10 or so silver doing suicide runs……
And out right fighting them? Not possible.
And your suppose to do this stuff decked out in blue and greens? Pffft what ever Robert Hrouda was smoking while designing this dungeon I want some of it!!!

HoneyBee.5704

well seems like need some tanky class or we’re dead. my group have 2 thieves, 1 guard, 1 war, 1 ranger. so are they telling us thieves are useless in dungeons? anyway my guildie did completed the run. he said he got 15 tokens while 1 guy in his group had only 5!!!

Posted by: Icytears.2647

Icytears.2647

Yay, there comes the trinity roles.

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

Did they change anything with the bomb room or is it still 2 minutes, 1 shots left and right and a moronic spawn rate? If so, how OP are the other paths? I’m simply not going to deal with suicide zurging to win.

Daeo.9738

The event is the same as it was, not a thing changed.

Afkjosh.3912

Varied broken rewards for everyone in grp ranging from 15-60 tokens.

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

Did they change anything with the bomb room or is it still 2 minutes, 1 shots left and right and a moronic spawn rate? If so, how OP are the other paths? I’m simply not going to deal with suicide zurging to win.

NOPE still the same. Waypoint Corpse Run is the only way to do it still.

HoneyBee.5704

and wow am i amazed that the mobs are lvl 77 while we’re scaled down to 75! awesome!

HoneyBee.5704

Varied broken rewards for everyone in grp ranging from 15-60 tokens.

heard it’s ranging from 5-60

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

The event is the same as it was, not a thing changed.

Awesome. Guess I’m done with the game for 2-3 months. Maybe I’ll log on again by that time. It really seems like Anet is trying to appeal to “Hardcore gamers.” “Hardcore gamers” are never happy, will never be happy and it’s just a waste of time to even try. If they lose the casual gamer crowd, the game is finished and this is just an example of how I feel like I’m being pushed away.

PS:

I can’t help but think I’ve gone through this before… Oh yeah. Diablo 3. I wonder how many tens of people are still on it? xD

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

Didn’t anyone in this thread read the patch notes? You get 60 tokes for the first run of a path of the day, and 20 if you run the same path again. So if you keep running magg over and over, you get less tokens.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Didn’t anyone in this thread read the patch notes? You get 60 tokes for the first run of a path of the day, and 20 if you run the same path again. So if you keep running magg over and over, you get less tokens.

Dont think talking reason with token farmer works. They call exploits “hard jumping puzzles”.

Plus they think they are supposed to Kite the room, when the dungeon designer for CoF Specifically said, they werent meant to be kited, but killed. He even added an extra silver range mob to stop the kiting.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Afkjosh.3912

I said I got 30 for the first run since before last patch to be even more specific Corky. It’s broken. Go away.

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Less than a day and people are complaining they can’t speed run a dungeon after a change that is meant to sop speed runs….

They are meant to be hard, there will be a way of doing it if you are just willing to experiment.

BOOM

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

They have only changed the timer, now it’s something like 150 seconds. Still doesn’t resolve monster swarm problem.kitten leave longer timer and lower spawn rate, make only 1 monster per wave a silver one. That’s the solution

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

Before the patch I always found going with something that looked like the trinity (Tank, Healer and DPS) was the easiest but way slower because it was doable with 5 all out DPS.

The holy trinity might not be back, but try completing these instances with something other than 3-5 glass cannons. Try to not have a single glass cannon. Try with a supportive speced shield wearing, mace wielding control warrior. Try to actually apply tactics instead of just zerg dps mobs all over the place.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure they didn’t make it impossible!

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

Water speced elementalists are very good for support and healing btw!
And in a 5 man scenario try looking up combos and finishers if you can effectively play together as a team and one unit, you guys will be like the guys from 300!

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

Posted by: Ares.2136

Ares.2136

Bad game is bad.

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

The patch notes said the tokens are account bound, my friends can’t even transfer his tokens from his other character.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

Can’t handle this amount of butthurt.

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

We each spent about 10 silver yesterday after one totally failed attempt and one successful one of running around without killing anybody. aegis, dodge, blinding, crippling, whatever you can use while running, do so and don’t even try to kill them.

possible and not hard at all considering you only have to survive a little and then die.

but really? just make it 5 minutes defending with mobs that one can kill? or 10 minutes, whatever.
Make the content longer/slower, not harder.

2 out of the group wanted to do the exploit but the 3 people, including me who have never done the path before wanted to experience this step of course.
And I have to say, I fully understand people who exploited that part, it’s just not something that makes much sense gameplay wise to zerg suicide.

there has never been a need to exploit however as the repair cost is below the reward!

Anyway, the exploit is gone and the reward is still greater than what you pay for repair if you do it right. Doesn’t mean the event is any less grindy. I enjoyed the dungeon as a whole though and I’m gonna try the other paths soon. Really glad that the tokens are now account bound as nothing really fits my asura

My whole point concerning all the dungeons which have this suicide “gameplay” mechanism in it is:

If you want to get rid of SPEED farming, make the events SLOWER, where one can and has to survive over a longer period of time by utilizing the defensive and offensive abilities every profession has to offer and combine them in a team.

So in this case people will fail the event because the team play (and gear maybe) wasn’t enough.
In the current situation it is more a matter of gear as this gives you that edge of being 2-3 shot within 3-4 seconds (as soon as you are out of dodge and blocking) instead of being 1 shot.
Once I was lucky and even got a second “retreat” out there.

Getting downed and dying is part of the game and is well executed if it is done in moderation and as a gameplay element of a “second chance” and not a resource (money).

Posted by: Kokop.6715

Kokop.6715

Shouldn’t the developers play the game before and after the patch? How did THEY do this part? It is downright impossible to do. Dungeons shouldn’t be dodge and hope that Magg would finish the part before he dies. Rest of the dungeons is fine except for this part. How did the developers finish the dungeon? I doubt they even played this part or they have the best gears, and weapons and finished it with ease. This is preposterous and utterly disgusting to know that Anet changed the game play and mechanism to “Die and hope that npc would do it’s part, and oh, you better have money to do it because you will need to fix the armor”. Make it so that the monsters can be killed.

Posted by: Sphynx.9617

Sphynx.9617

Cleared CoF with about 5 deaths to our group, never wiped. We never had an issue on anything. Except for the fact that I only got 6 carvings for completion.

Posted by: Klat.9086

Klat.9086

Ran last night/this morning after patch.

Magg room was hard but doable. A few people died but the party didn’t wipe. After a few days we’ll figure out a better way to do it.

Rewards did range through out the group though. Some got 15 tokens and some got 20 for the entire run.

Seems this forum is filled with people who don’t understand that end game content shouldn’t be scrubbable.

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

So.. is the jumping the wall exploit fixed? cause a friend told me people still can lol

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

To OP – you are NOT supposed to kill these mobs, you know? You ever heard if support spec? Or kiting? Or you’re just entering dungeon and go “me smash! if me no smash – me cry on forums!”? For this event you just need to avoid dmg from ranged mobs, and kite melee mobs. Stupidly easy.

Posted by: Skadi.6351

Skadi.6351

Iv’e done it plenty today… it’s not impossible.. Just not the same as before, it’s a challange now. Learn by doing.. and don’t be such a whiner everytime things ain’t going your way.

Posted by: Sumerian.1926

Sumerian.1926

Op this dungeon is not impossible. Did cof magg lastnight right after the patch testing out a variety of strategies ie kiting, suicide, and single target focus with the later being what worked. Just got to prioritize the first wave, the moke dude first, then from there killing the mob with the least HP. Then prioritizing the flame wall guys with each spawn. Group comp was warrior, guuardian x2, thief and ranger. Sure it took some time to figure out what worked but that’s what dungeons in this game are meant to be like. They are considered sort of like endgame content, and the gear being purely aesthetic, if one just wants exotic gear but does not necessarily look as eye pleasing then just craft them, or farm karma.

Posted by: Demeron.5423

Demeron.5423

CoF new bug u can walk through the RIGHT side of the door into the finally chamber..

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

its perfectly do-able, the only problem it really has is that the tokens you get are not all that amazing, I hope its just a bug, cause right now I think it even gives you less then it used to.

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Stop complaining that it’s hard, it’s supposed to be.

Posted by: belcross.3198

belcross.3198

2-3 hours for 60-15 tokens is meh at best.

Daeo.9738

This needs some serious attention.

Posted by: abolian.5320

abolian.5320

ok, there is what i got from doing 3 Ascalon Catacombs this night,
i did all the paths, 1, 2, 3, i havn’t done any AC runs for 3 days at least and guess what i got,
for doing first run i got : 30 Token, my group some got 60 some got 45 some got 30 as me,
Second run : i got 15, same person who got 60 for first run he got 60 again, and other got between 15-30,
the 3rd run : the guy who got 60 also got 60 again !!!! and me got only 6, ya its only 6 tokens,

there is some SS :
2nd run:
http://i47.tinypic.com/fu6gz9.png

3rd :
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zq4g47.png

Attachments:

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

While I’m sure CoF is POSSIBLE it certainly isn’t FUN.