New Colossus Rumblus

New Colossus Rumblus

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Omeros.8715

Omeros.8715

This is ridiculous.

We’d like to use Grast’s bubble for safety, but he’s too busy channeling an attack to ever get it off.

We’d also like to interrupt the collapse cast, but the C.R. has started chain-casting it. As soon as one collapse finishes, a few seconds later he casts the next one.

In principle, I like where the mechanic is going for this fight but unless we’re expected to be able to stunlock him this is nearly impossible given how hard it is to survive the collapse from dodges alone.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

Can someone please fix this?
p3 Warmaster, doesn’t cast bubble on time, if you manage to survive the rocks, still he will not cast the shield becasue…. well he is diyng to the falling rocks…..(kinda ironic)

Yeahh… i dont see a way around that….

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: clutchpro.6742

clutchpro.6742

I have to say that I was gone from the game for a week. Finally coming back to being able to play I sign on and the first thing I do is go for a AC Exp run. Bad idea because after half way through the dungeon people were leaving, had to find more to party with and finally after getting to the Colossus Rumblus the main person left the dungeon so we did everything before that for nothing. Was thrown out of the dungeon and left with kitten results from the game. The dungeon is supposed to be a lvl 35 run but it seemed even before that it was best to have everyone at lvl 80 to get it done without being dead the whole time. Now being lvl 80 is nothing but a number not a reward for playing the game. I really hope some thing gets fixed or I’m going to have to deal with people trying to find glitched spots to hide in to finish the boss off cause I really hate peeps that have to do that to survive. The game is meant to be played and played right if you have to hide in a corner while everyone else is fighting for you then what is the real point to even being there.
http://www.gamadise.com

Attachments:

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: katt.3027

katt.3027

Tried P3 tonight, NPC doesn’t get shield off, dies in 1-2 hits from boss. Unable to interrupt boss.

Doesn’t seem like much QA was put into this patch with all the bugs present.

Thus far only been able to successfully complete path 1 since the patch, graphics lag sucks, P2 and P3 are too buggy to complete reliably.

If changes like this are going to be rolled out for all dungeons going forward, then there needs to be a test server these kind of patches are tested on for prolonged periods of time by a significant number of players.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Borked even after “the fix”

loved the new Kohler but then there was the thing with Colossus Rumblus….

At least you could warn a brother that the path is fubar….

and fix Rangers….

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

Warmaster Grast was casting the bubble just fine. We were dumb and drunk, so we wiped. After resurrecting Grast he never cast the bubble ever again. So we wiped again, resurrected Grast, tried to get him to cast again, but instead he was charging a close range attack, getting killed by Rumblus. If we kept him alive with heals, he still refused to cast the bubble and we died again. Tzark was no help either.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: LittleMusing.8257

LittleMusing.8257

Just returned from a P3 run. I heard about the new mechanic, but wasn’t expecting it to be like this.

Yes, we wiped several times (at least 6) at CR. The first several times, Grast:
= Didn’t cast his bubble in time
= Was knocked down from the siesmic waves despite that “stability” buff he has
= Stubbornly charged at CR at 50% health and died to the melee swipe
= Simply died to melee

If he had a Determined or Righteous Indignation buff, it would have been great. Instead, we have a squishy (god forbid, dim) NPC to protect us. Once I died running back to CR just when the rocks were cast; they covered the tunnel exits, alas.

Jade Quarry
[VwV][VaL]

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: glitzprince.5016

glitzprince.5016

The new Colossus Rumblus fight is broken and here’s my argument:

My party tried the fight six times, out of the six times, only once Grast did his job as intended. The other 5 times, he died 1-2 minutes into the fight ergo no bubble and thus party wipe.

1) In general, a dungeon party’s skills, knowledge of their individual professions , and overall team coordination, should be the main factors for success in bringing down a boss.

2) In this fight, the success of the party largely depends on another variable i.e. Warmaster Grast’s performance.

His consistency in putting up the bubble in a timely fashion (with an allowable margin of error of only 1-2 seconds) will determine whether a party gets wiped or not. Why do I say that? If Grast fails to put up a bubble (due to knockbacks from boss, incorrect/delayed AI response in Grast), party wipe is almost certain since by design, players would be huddling with Grast for safety in the first place. However, a party wipe is far too great a penalty for a mistake an NPC makes, it’s not even the fault of the players they get wiped. The success in getting the boss down is delinked with the party’s direct dungeon performance.

If it is by design that Grast must be kept alive by players in order to defeat the boss, then this means that the fight favors support classes. An ideal dungeon design should not be biased towards any classes IMHO. This problem is just like Arah P4 Simin, albeit in a different form, rangers are almost exclusively disadvantaged in P4 due to pets triggering spark aggro.

Anet devs, pl do look into this. I like the new idea, but it has to be further refined, perhaps by beefing up Grast or allowing players to mitigate the penalty should a bubble fail to appear.

3)

It should never depend on the NPC or AI

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I hope they don’t fix this. It teaches groups to coordinate and actually time their crowd control skills to interrupt CR. After ~6 months it’s about time we get a boss like this.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Squally.4963

Squally.4963

Just ran this path last night and he seemed to be bugged already. I kinda like the idea of getting to Ghast (sp) for his protective bubble during the tremor part but the problem is Ghast sits there like a n00b and gets killed almost all the time. Half the time he gets killed by the attack he’s supposed to protect you against because instead of putting up his shield when the animation is going off, he sits there and does super slow hammer swings.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Loltha.2390

Loltha.2390

We tried Colossus last night and if the mechanics worked like they SHOULD have we would have gotten him down. We tried over 10 times on this fight before giving up until ANET fixes it.

First try was a first encounter…party wipe, no biggie. We knew we had to interrupt the thing and we knew when because he does telegraph when he is going to do his yell attack. You canot dodge his circles, that’s impossible. We found Warmaster Grast useless and pretty much, halfway thru our numerous attempts, left him dead.

Grast throws a bubble much like a guardian bubble thats supposed to protect you from the cave-ins. We got 1, MAYBE 2 before this NPC either wouldn’t throw his bubble ( and with the party stack around him, pretty much insta-wipe) or he went down like a house of cards.

We tried getting creative, the best fight we got him down to 1/4 of his life. Basically we found one tiny area under a pillar where the circles wouldn’t fall. We got him close to the pillars, melee and ranged our rear ends off and then when he broadcasted his attacks we all dove to this tiny area. Our guardian tried her bubbles which did not work like Grast’s and did not provide the protection needed. Our thief and other party members were on interrupt which DID NOT INTERRUPT him! Our warrior tried crippling…again, limited to no effect.

The above method we tried was the ONLY method where we had any kind of possible success before we ultimately failed. Our pillar cluster died one by one due to being tossed from under the pillar into the open area and dying to circles….or death due to his frontal attack with his claws as our clustering basically was a 5 man stack and no where to run. We rezzed several times but as the battle of attrition kept up and we slowly got to 2 members alive, they could not rezz and attack Colossus. Of course, since you can’t WP back in death until after combat, this meant we couldnt tag team him.

If interrupts WOULD have worked this boss would have been downed numerous times. Quality control your stuff Anet, this gets OLD. Challanging is fun, impossible to do due to lack of mechanics not working as intended is frustrating, NOT FUN, and leaves yor player base angry. TEST your implementations several times before you trumpet your new and improved dungeons.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Jeez Peeps L2P!

Just put the 2nd Healer full-time on Grast and get a proper Tank for Rumblus!
Can´t you people do anything right?

Seriously though, either our esteemed(Non ironic! I <3 the guy!) “Mr. Dungeon” Hrouda gets his own Q&A team and one preferably two sidekicks, or it´s about kitten time for a Test Server!

Polish > hype

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

please when you look at the interrupt take a look at the warmasters scripting because he doesent always pop the shield. he also dies Extremley quickly sometimes. even when yur popping stability for him this happens btw.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

Just had an extremely annoying encounter with countless wipes before we gave up.
I have done AC path 3 every day since the update and never had any problems, except maybe the first time until we noticed the bubble…

But this run was different and it was absolutely impossible to keep Warmaster Grast alive. He had the boss’ aggro almost the whole time. And because he has a melee weapon (smart design btw…), he’s always standing right in front of the boss and gets always knocked down and takes insane amount of damage. When he finally managed to put up the bubble with a large delay, the boss was of course standing inside the bubble still beating him and knocking people out of the bubble.

Not sure if there was something broken or out of sync, but in any case Grast should certainely not have the boss’s aggro the whole time…

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

A group of guild members and I ran this dungeon— we were familiar with what needed to be done, and keeping Grast alive was not an issue. However, Grasts’ AI went full blown stupid on us. We did not mind that he kept maintaining Colossus’ aggro, that was not a big issue.

However, when Colossus would use the rock attack, every single time (we wiped about two dozen times before giving up), instead of using the shield, Grast would continue to use his charged heavy melee attack. For nearly an hour, we kept at it, hoping Grast would toss his shield up when Colossus used his rocks, but Grast would just keep on with his melee attack and inevitably die to the falling rocks. The occasions he would toss his shield up were exceedingly rare, and all of those instances were AFTER the rocks have already fell for a period of time and downed/killed a few party members.

We also attempted to interrupt the casting of the rocks by coordinating our CC so that all stacks of defiant were down and then using CC during his long wind-up to summon the rocks, but I will confirm that after trying this a couple of times, we concluded that the attack is uninterruptable in its current state.

tl;dr — When the dungeon’s boss fight works, it’s quite easy. Grast’s NPC behavior bugging out and an issue with interrupting the rock attack can make it impossible to clear.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Lord Chemosh.5879

Lord Chemosh.5879

I find all dungeon are way OP now and there No balance no fun No nothing but dieing now. They are fixing things that DID not fixed but made them worse. Players are just refusing to run AC CM all the low dungeons now because they are SO broke. GW 2 use to be fun and Now cant Farm or enjoy anything. I Loved this game at first Now I wised I never bought it. and I am not only one feels this way i am sure.

Do they even beta test Patches and get REAL feed back from players? or just Patch and sit back and watch the Hate grow?

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Grast doesn’t work.

He just keeps dying by charging into melee.

Which is another annoyance; it is impossible to melee Colossus anymore because each swipe he performs sends you flying 10000 meters though the air.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Melle.4085

Melle.4085

Same for my Group. The Best players in our guild couldn’t ever get through this after numerous tries. We get the concept. We even had two guardians constantly healing with the guardian elite and keeping stability up on Graft. But he would very often not get his bubble up in time for the falling rocks. Also, like others, we could sometimes interrupt, and sometimes not. Has anyone passed this?

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

The Colossus can be interrupted, but only after you debuff the 2-4 stacks of defiance he has on him (the yellow-ish icon). While it’s utterly moronic we are expected to be able to take him down 4 defiance stacks AND still be able to interrupt in the short period of time the Colossus can cast his falling rock move, that’s not really the issue with this fight.

The issue is that Grast’s AI is ****ing stupid. HE. WON’T. CAST. THE. SHIELD.

I have no problem keeping him alive in the fight… until the rocks start coming down. If he doesn’t cast the shield, it’s insta-kill for all but the most slippery team members, including Grast’s own death. I’m not sure what they’ve got programmed for his skills and moveset, but they need to make so that no matter what he’s doing, he ALWAYS casts the shield when the Colossus does his finisher. If that means reducing the skill’s cooldown or removing his other skills and auto-attacks, I don’t care. If they aren’t going to make it so he casts the shield 100% of the time, they need to make the ceiling avoidable. Period.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

Grast doesn’t cast his bubble in time, he’s too busy casting an attack. Why does he need to have a cast that long? Interrupts CR’s rockfall is NOT Working. Sure it said “Interrupted” every time we tried but a few seconds later we’ve got rocks falling anyway and Grast hasn’t cast his bubble and there’s no where to hide once you’ve used two dodges, renewed focus and grast has died. I like the mechanic but please for the love of god, some one make it work right. Don’t have Grast attacking at all if he has to attack so freaking slowly.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

I enjoyed the new dungeon, but please make the npc more reliable. He’s now the worst party player ever. We used to be able to dodge the red circles, but now that Anet has made npcs useful, please extend Warmaster’s lifeline and his timing for the shield.

- He dies too fast. Everyone was pouring their button 6 to heal him, my signet of undeath to rez him and he dies all too often because he went leeroy all over the boss.
- His timing for shield is unreliable. The entire party stuck by him and by the time the shield was up, we were dead. 30 mins into CR, we decided to call it a day.

If we’re being forced into 600 range, the Warmaster should at least have decent toughness/vita. Why is he a glass cannon?

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Sardonic.9687

Sardonic.9687

I would like to echo several of the comments above about AC path 3’s end boss. I had a very good group (experienced in multiple explorable paths of various dungeons) with only one player below 80 at level 74. The group was balanced amongst classes: elementalist (80), necromancer (80), guardian (80), warrior (74), ranger (80). We found path 3 impossible to clear on multiple attempts. The NPC you are supposed to keep alive simply gets caught in swings or channeling when he is supposed to cast the bubble. You die even if he is alive as the rocks come down.

We found almost every line of sight issue for Colossus that we could. We used the one area on the hill that has a ruined structure where there is a gap where rocks do not fall. We then tried to run Colossus up and down the stairs at the back of the dungeon room where there is a skeleton with a book at the top. There are several rooms/holes/caverns what-have-you that we would hide in in an attempt to kite him. Our best attempt was getting Colossus to go up the stairs with the NPC using both the NPC’s bubble and the rooms in the stair case. We almost got it on that attempt.

I don’t think it would be impossible to kill Colosuss, so I wouldn’t put too much credit in people reporting that they have accomplished it. I do not think the encounter is working as intended and I would venture to say it is broken and I have been telling people the same. It would be nice if a note could be posted to this effect somewhere for folks to know, who are less in the loop.

If I were a dungeon designer, I would absolutely hate the farm-fest that some dungeons eventually become in all MMORPGs, so I support making changes like this to keep people guessing. But one also needs to realize that it says the recommended party difficulty is level 35 and it is one of the dungeons that people may first experience. An absolute wipe-fest can deter people from a really great source of PVE end game content.

The dungeon designer’s philosophy, ideas and engagement with the community are really great. The COF Maggs revision was a smart and challenging one when my guild first did it. But this change appears to have failed basic quality assurance. I can’t imagine that anyone playing a significant amount of time with this dungeon in a balanced group of level 35s would not have noticed this.

Good luck on the fix. And despite this, thank you for making what is a really wonderful game.

New Colossus Rumblus

Bukkebruse.2810

Come on, this is a change/bug that’s not hard to adapt to. Use CC skills to tear through his defiant stacks and stun him when he uses the scream. People keep saying they want harder content, and when it’s released (although it was due to an accident in this case) it turns out they simply aren’t up to the task.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

Clearly path 3 was NOT tested properly. Horrible. My group couldnt finish. Half the time he woudlnt put up a bubble cause he was either interrupted or to busy finishing a hammer animation. It would be fine if we could dodge the falling rocks but its impossible

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Just finished path 3, wiped a few time, very frustrated but finally locked him down. It’s doable but stacking all 5 members on one spot and spam DPS on him is clearly not an intended way to fight. Once you know it, it’s really easy.

New Colossus Rumblus

Bukkebruse.2810

Just finished path 3, wiped a few time, very frustrated but finally locked him down. It’s doable but stacking all 5 members on one spot and spam DPS on him is clearly not an intended way to fight. Once you know it, it’s really easy.

Congratulations on being better than most of the people in this thread.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Apo.5301

Apo.5301

Finally beat it after like 10+ times of wiping out. We tried a multitude of strategies but all of them failed but one. In the end, I was on full support duty (level 80 Guardian) for Grast. It wasn’t really support for my team, it was mainly just for Grast, lol.
-Healing: Used staff to heal Grast (both 2 and 4 skill), and the Healing Breeze to heal him as well, and “Save Yourselves” for the regen + team support
-Stability: Hallowed Ground utility skill, “Stand your Ground” shout before the rocks fall.
Even with this build, it took a couple of tries. My other teammates were mostly just doing damage.
We barely won with only 2 people remaining at the end.

Although we still beat the boss, I think there needs to be changes to Grast. I believe the boss mechanics are fine as long as Grast is reasonably reliable.
Suggestions:
1. Grast doesn’t go Leeroy Jenkins towards the CR as soon as he is revived. It was quite annoying that after every time we wiped, he started at 50% health as opposed to 100%.
2. Giving Grast only one move. The protection shield. Too many times is he “charging” up his normal attack right before Rocks fall, giving him no time to put the shield up. CR seems to have less health anyways, so extra damage from Grast is unnecessary. Either get rid of his normal attacks or give him a faster attack that doesn’t “charge.”

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Come on, this is a change/bug that’s not hard to adapt to. Use CC skills to tear through his defiant stacks and stun him when he uses the scream. People keep saying they want harder content, and when it’s released (although it was due to an accident in this case) it turns out they simply aren’t up to the task.

There is a clear distinction between hard and bugged content.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

New Colossus Rumblus

Bukkebruse.2810

Even though it’s bugged it’s still doable. I honestly hope the encounter stays like it is now.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

I’m all for more challenging content, but never at the expense of eliminating casual content to do it. All the things in AC they changed would have been great… if it wasn’t AC. It is the beginner dungeon – why on earth would you make it more difficult and un-PUG-friendly? Revamp a harder dungeon, or better yet – create brand new ones. Just because a certain group of the player base wants something doesn’t mean content has to be removed to accommodate it.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Soloist.4120

Soloist.4120

Yea , Rumblus is undefeatable right now. Warmaster won’t use his shield skill . No way you can heal once you go down. I can’t interrupt him as a ranger . What do you suppose i do ? Whistle dixxie at him ? Or maybe my good looks will get me a victory ..
This is another fail dungeon update . If the warmaster won’t use his sheild, you can’t get back up when uses his rocks , what do you expect of players ? Why do you think this kind of game play is fun ? IT IS NOT FUN . You would have been better off to make the dungeons more like the first GW . They were doable in an hour at most .
You promised the game would be fun . These dungeons are not. Rumblus sucks , and dont get me started on the spider queen.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I’ve successfully finished path 3 a few times – it CAN work, if the planets align correctly and the spirits of your ancestors help out a bit as well (funnily enough, the first run after the patch went well with only one wipe with a totally useless group).
just now I’ve had a very successful group, we did path 1/2 with ease before (ghost eater bugged as well, but we were able to knock him into the traps with cc’s).

tried rumblus 8 times total:

• grast always charged with half full health after ressing. even if nobody was in combat or rumblus was far away
  • grast only cast bubble once or twice, never on time. we gave him stability so he cast the shield even when he got hit with rocks. until the damage was just too much and he died, leaving us to die soon after.
  • most of the time, rumblus started screaming and grast started his endless hammer animation.
  • cr was interruptable a few times. we focused on stripping his defiant away and hit him again while screaming. but it didn’t work all the time, sometimes he just ignored all interrupts but still refilled defiant.

they’ve changed a fight which required a little bit of skill and coordination (dodgeing/moving around, giving blocks/stability, heals etc) into a fight where skill is completely irrelevant. a full dps party might get him down before he rumbles the second time (interrupting the first time seems to work most of the time), everyone else just has to depend on luck, as no matter the players skill, they can’t do anything about grast’s AI.

they should just replace grast’s attack with a ranged attack (like quardian scepter #1 or so). he should try to keep his distance from cr and have lower aggro than any other player.

it’s really frustrating knowing you did everything perfectly right, made no mistakes and still couldn’t finish a dungeon because of a completely borked mechanic.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: ttyl.6021

ttyl.6021

This is ridiculous.

We’d like to use Grast’s bubble for safety, but he’s too busy channeling an attack to ever get it off.

We’d also like to interrupt the collapse cast, but the C.R. has started chain-casting it. As soon as one collapse finishes, a few seconds later he casts the next one.

In principle, I like where the mechanic is going for this fight but unless we’re expected to be able to stunlock him this is nearly impossible given how hard it is to survive the collapse from dodges alone.

Exactly. Relying on the bad AI bubbling makes it a RNG fight, which is no fun. End of discussion.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Now that it´s Monday I really hope we get a little heads up soon on Rumblus and Grast.

Polish > hype

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Having read this thread, I think I’d agree: I like the new fight, but only when Grast is working properly. I can even deal with him rushing into combat early on half health (Heal him as much as possible and take a NPC revival skill if you can, it really does make the difference), but the fight clearly requires his sanctuary-like shield to be doable.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

New Colossus Rumblus

Oranisagu.3706

Having read this thread, I think I’d agree: I like the new fight, but only when Grast is working properly. I can even deal with him rushing into combat early on half health (Heal him as much as possible and take a NPC revival skill if you can, it really does make the difference), but the fight clearly requires his sanctuary-like shield to be doable.

ressing skills? he’s dead, doesn’t go into downed mode, ress skills no longer (december or so) work on dead chars. are you saying it still works on npcs? haven’t even tried it, since the patchnotes back when they changed those types of skills were very clear. I wish they would be more consistent with skills. like wall of reflection doesn’t work against howling kings beam, guardian shield #5 doesn’t work against rocks from rumblus (but the self-invuln heal does), sanctuary doesn’t work either. it’s completely random, for every boss you have to test each skill again.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

ressing skills? he’s dead, doesn’t go into downed mode, ress skills no longer (december or so) work on dead chars. are you saying it still works on npcs? haven’t even tried it, since the patchnotes back when they changed those types of skills were very clear. I wish they would be more consistent with skills. like wall of reflection doesn’t work against howling kings beam, guardian shield #5 doesn’t work against rocks from rumblus (but the self-invuln heal does), sanctuary doesn’t work either. it’s completely random, for every boss you have to test each skill again.

I can guarantee you that the necromancer’s signet of undeath works on dead NPCs. I doubt it’s the only one, although I do know that illusion of life doesn’t work. (Probably because of its “die after X seconds if you don’t kill” clause, which could screw up event scripting pretty badly.)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

New Colossus Rumblus

Oranisagu.3706

I can guarantee you that the necromancer’s signet of undeath works on dead NPCs. I doubt it’s the only one, although I do know that illusion of life doesn’t work. (Probably because of its “die after X seconds if you don’t kill” clause, which could screw up event scripting pretty badly.)

hm, that’s good to know. combined with stability it might be possible to get him to shield most of the time. so maybe it will be possible with only 3 wipes or so.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Quixilver.6307

Quixilver.6307

I hate the path 2 and path 3 bosses. Path 2 boss needs ALOT of coordination which you can’t really expect from alot of people. Path 3 is just a huge pain in the kitten Warmaster Grant always fails to activate his bubble in time.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: abaDURRR.4035

abaDURRR.4035

Just finished this path, my thoughts:

Grast goes full kitten way too often. This fight is actually pretty interesting when it works, what with CR occasionally kicking you out of the bubble and whatnot, but Grast really isn’t reliable. To finish, I was forced to go on my Mesmer just to guarantee that we had enough interrupts to burn through his defiance stacks. I like how most of the other dungeons don’t favor any class in particular, please fix Grast’s AI so people aren’t forced to play CC heavy classes

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Karnage.2860

Karnage.2860

So yeah, you can’t interrupt the howl and the npc does not use shield and the rocks now screw the entire room… How exactly were we suppose to beat this?

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Azrune.1892

Azrune.1892

I’m not sure if this fight is bugged or not. It seems the rocks are falling too fast because if you get hit you’re basically guaranteed to die because another one is falling shortly after.

We wiped our 1st time, but the boss was still in combat when we got back and had 10% hp. When we engaged him and killed him he literally filled the entire area around himself (even though he was dead) with red circles that were still dropping rocks 10 seconds after he was dead and murdered us again.

Basically they’ve pushed this dungeon into being more ranged friendly because the spider boss is a death trap in melee range now.

Melee on the spider i found easy on my guardian (as long as gorgoyles and other spiders are dead) in fact with all my retalition and prjectile reflecting it dies faster than the one before. Squishy toons seems to die here a lot.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Loggahead.5402

Loggahead.5402

This is ridiculous.

This is one of my big disappointments with GW2. In GW1 I took pride in being a good interrupt ranger. Interrupts in GW1 would put said skill you just interrupted on its full cool down where as in GW2 it does what, like a default 10 second cooldown if that? That’s if the target you are interrupting is even capable of being interrupted. Most of the time with bosses all you see is “Immune” or when it says “Interrupt” the mob still completes it’s action. C’mon Anet, what gives!?

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Kiruata Motaki.1250

Kiruata Motaki.1250

This was great last boss, when u could to dodge, run aound, strike, evade rocks etc, now if that guy with umbrella works, it is easiest, just stand near him, strike Colussus and try somehow, dont know how, interrupt him, if that guy dont do the shelter, but still didnt manage to do it

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

What’s wrong with dodging rocks like the previous CR? That was great. A party could dodge those rocks AND revive team mates. Now our lives depend on an old man who could barely get his shield up and if a party member gets caught in the overlapping rings, ‘Adios, buddy’.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Dagoth Kuam.6738

Dagoth Kuam.6738

I’m going to reiterate this even further as we have not heard anything back on this.

After 11 wipes with two completely different party configurations, we decided that we could not beat the mechanic, not the boss.

As many have indicated, no matter the distance between the Rumblus and Grast, he went charging in with 50% health on every subsequent attempt. When the rocks started falling, the following happened:

- Grast was knocked down and didn’t cast a bubble upon getting up
- Grast simply didn’t cast the bubble
- Grast cast the bubble when the rocks stopped and kept it up until the rocks began falling the following attack, then resumed normal attacks on the boss
- Grast actually did the bubble correctly (a fraction of the time)
- Grast died

Something must be changed with the mechanic. As many have indicated, more often than not the success of the mission is in the hands of an unreliable NPC. If he is so key, why is he not invulnerable? It is not like his meager DPS is going to make a difference in the fight.
Another option would be to give a weapon/object that has a skill of casting the bubble (think Cultist Hammer from Fractals). Then, it is on one of the party members to ensure survival for the team. This maintains the mechanic and the exact same endstate for ANet’s dungeon, but is more reliable.

In all honesty, what was wrong with the dungeon before? Was it too easy? Because I can think of other dungeon runs that are far easier than the AC ones, even to the point that since the patch I have taken AC off my list of dungeons to try to run every day.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I’m going to reiterate this even further as we have not heard anything back on this.

After 11 wipes with two completely different party configurations, we decided that we could not beat the mechanic, not the boss.

As many have indicated, no matter the distance between the Rumblus and Grast, he went charging in with 50% health on every subsequent attempt. When the rocks started falling, the following happened:

- Grast was knocked down and didn’t cast a bubble upon getting up
- Grast simply didn’t cast the bubble
- Grast cast the bubble when the rocks stopped and kept it up until the rocks began falling the following attack, then resumed normal attacks on the boss
- Grast actually did the bubble correctly (a fraction of the time)
- Grast died

Something must be changed with the mechanic. As many have indicated, more often than not the success of the mission is in the hands of an unreliable NPC. If he is so key, why is he not invulnerable? It is not like his meager DPS is going to make a difference in the fight.
Another option would be to give a weapon/object that has a skill of casting the bubble (think Cultist Hammer from Fractals). Then, it is on one of the party members to ensure survival for the team. This maintains the mechanic and the exact same endstate for ANet’s dungeon, but is more reliable.

In all honesty, what was wrong with the dungeon before? Was it too easy? Because I can think of other dungeon runs that are far easier than the AC ones, even to the point that since the patch I have taken AC off my list of dungeons to try to run every day.

I think it needs to be mentioned that ANET has stated p3 boss needs to be interrupted.

However there’s a slew of problems that come with that as well.

He generates defiant stacks after each time he is interrupted.

He sometimes shout almost immediately after being interrupted anyways when everyone’s interrupts are on CD due to his multiple defiant stacks.

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: samurailogic.3682

samurailogic.3682

ive got a suggestion
since npc ai cant be trusted
what if grast’s hammer can be picked up by players so they can use the shield bubble skill themselves?

since anet likes to make dungeons challenging what if whoever has grasts hammer will constantly aggro colossus, gets vulnerability, and dies if he hold on to it for too long?

(edited by samurailogic.3682)

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: Wapakalypse.7038

Wapakalypse.7038

There might be one easy fix to it.
Remove Grast’s silly attack skill which causes him to lock on place for 3 seconds and then hit for nothing.
At least the NPC won’t be locked nor try to cast anything else but shield. Right now Grast sometimes casts his 3 second melee skill instead of shield.

Desolation

New Colossus Rumblus

Posted by: sneakytank.3851

sneakytank.3851

So let me regale you with a tale of suck that just happened to my party. We were resilient; if dungeons gave points for effort, we would be first place. We wiped 20 times at Colossus, a good 10 of which we were trying new strategies and locations to stand in. The other 10 were because of us relying on this mythical “bubble of protection” that appeared probably once of the 50 times that Colossus used his undodgeable, unavoidable, unprecedentedly long rock smash. We had a fairly decent team of experienced dungeon runners who had admittedly, never run AC path 3 before, but were used to the strangely specific mechanics of GW2 dungeons and had run AC path 1 and 2.

The one time the bubble appeared, we cheered and screamed and cried tears of joy, which quickly became tears of sadness as we were all knocked right out of the bubble and into the onslaught of falling ceiling, which had been continuously falling for a good 7 seconds after it was cast.

Having the mechanic of an bubble of invincibility worked really well (THAT ONE TIME OUT OF 50). But we’re urged to attack the boss at range, yet we cannot outrange the boss, and have to rely on an NPC that subscribes to the holy mantra of Leeroy Jenkins and is a very short range melee fighter and the boss has the horrible combination of KDs and devastating AoEs. What exactly are we expected to do?

It’s often said that the man with the hardest job in the world is the President. But I’m going to assassinate myself if I ever have go back into AC.

Level 35 dungeon? I’m impressed at the skill level anet believes their GW2 lowbies are.

ps. This was supposed to be our cheerup run after our path two AC run got bugged (twice!) and we had to abandon ship. And let’s not even get started with Hodgins and the burrows. What is wrong with AC???