New Cutscene during Grawl Fractal?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chrissy Chan.4573

Chrissy Chan.4573

Well tonight was the first time I’ve gotten the Grawl Fractal for sometime. I’ve noticed ANet has added a new mandatory cut-scene after the initial grawl clearing event where you can see the boulders going down the tunnel.

I can’t say I’m a fan of cut scenes in general. They’re annoying, I find them intrusive whenever they interrupt me in the middle of an action. I did like the new direction ANet was going with the Living Story cut scenes. But it seems that for the past few months we’ve been doing the Grawl Fractal just fine without this new added cut scene.

I normally wouldn’t be so bothered by this single cut scene except for the fact that it repeated itself 4 times in the same Fractal even though we didn’t fail anything during the course of it. It’s not very fun being interrupted 4 times to watch the exact same cut scene of an area you’ve already progressed past.

Is there anyway we can at least make the cutscene skippable or does that only apply to the dialogue cut scenes? I would personally favor its removal all together, I’m not entirely sure why it was added in now months after the fact. I certainly appreciate ANet attempting to make improvements, but I don’t feel this is an improvement at all – it’s more an inconvenience.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Not to mention people are now getting ran over by boulders due to that cut scene.
It is ridiculous how they don’t have a dungeon team anymore but they can spare the manpower to add idiotic things like this.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Wait a second, an actual update to fractals?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

yes, that “new content” you talked about

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I start to believe that the cutscene was originally there and it disappeared for some reason. Now they just put it back in the fractal.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I think Jeff Vaughan is still assigned to fractals but everyone forgot about him because almost every 2-week-patch there’s some tiny little update to fractals and it’s never listed in the patch notes.

And aside from him fixing the cultist issue on Cliffside, all of his changes suck.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Poor Jeff. We should support him somehow.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Fractals “update” is like fixing the toilet by the village idiots. Every time, they change somethings, more stuffs are on the floor.

People are too serious of their knowledge.