New Dungeons/Armor

New Dungeons/Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LukeTheQuke.4079

LukeTheQuke.4079

Seriously it’s been almost a year soon and we’re still stuck with the armor sets that came out at the very beginning of this game. I see gw2 updates over and over but it’s just story, story, story, story and then some more story. No offence but 1. that’s not the primary reason you play an mmorpg and 2. gw2 story isn’t all that amazing anyway. The combat system is great, really good but god knows there are no updates ever on coordinated difficult multiplayer challenges (dungeons, raids) for PvE in this game.

They got so much content coming out, how about making that content new dungeons with new weapons and armor sets. The most exciting thing our guild can do right now is bounty challenge, really. I fail to see any reason to log back into this game unless you for some reason love its story. I just started play Rift again and even that game has more stuff going for it despite being vastly inferior in terms of combat and graphic.

The fact is it’s not even hard. Add a new story (already done multiple times), then combine it with content that is casually difficult and then allow people to play it in some sort of hardcore mode with greater rewards. Another keyword right there, reward. Good looking stuff with better stats should be harder to get etc. All of this is super basic but not seen in gw2 except right at the start of it during which this game ate my life.

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You won’t see dungeons being updated or new ones created because it isn’t profitable. Those who were doing dungeons got pulled to work on living story. The more living story chapters means more opportunity for RNG chests with RNG loot. It’s a bummer but they’re stuck doing what senior execs want.

New Dungeons/Armor

LukeTheQuke.4079

Ugh well it’s really bad cause this game is doing nothing but proving to me and all my friend who played it that it really has nothing going for it and there’s no point in keeping hopes up for coming back.

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I dont see why there would be a vastly better skinned armor compelte set than t3 at this point because it costs too much for it to be wasted for a “new” “Cooler” t3 set coming out for 10g more or whatever.

New skins are nice but there actually HAS been new dungeons and HAS been new armor.
Molten Forge, sky pirate one tommarow etc.. for dungeons + AC feels new since the re-vamp.

for armor skins, if you consider backpieces a skin, theres been tons. Southsun ones, molten forge jetpack, fractals, fotm quiver, halloween etc. If not, they did give you new dragon bash helmet skins + the sky pirate path tommarow comes with a BRAND NEW set of gem store buyable armor. thats both of what ya wanted and there are more examples but i cant think of everything atm or want to wiki it but there definatly has been.

if you dont come back to play, you wont find out about the new patch updates and stuff and tbh, you probaly have missed events that give them out.

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

You won’t see dungeons being updated or new ones created because it isn’t profitable. Those who were doing dungeons got pulled to work on living story. The more living story chapters means more opportunity for RNG chests with RNG loot. It’s a bummer but they’re stuck doing what senior execs want.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

New Dungeons/Armor

LukeTheQuke.4079

I feel like a ball and for each new crappy story event they add they smash me one step further away with the big fat living story hammer.

New Dungeons/Armor

LukeTheQuke.4079

if you dont come back to play, you wont find out about the new patch updates and stuff and tbh, you probaly have missed events that give them out.

What a great way to get lost players back. Add a lot of content but make sure to get rid of it all so people that’s been away for a while can’t do them! <.<

Also all those new SKINS are all nice, how about some STAT progression, some sence of going somehwre? It’s not there. It was there at first but then poff, gone, the void now being filled with living story and RNG kitten which to me means nothing. Sure I could come back get some sweet kitten skins for my character with no effort at all to do so but then what? What then???!!! NOTHING! Absolutely jack kitten. You don’t progress in this game, that’s forbidden.

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Personally I don’t care as much about new armor sets as much, although it would be nice.

I really like the the battle system and would like to use it against more challenging content. I’d even be happy with heroic versions of existing dungeons at this point, maybe with better drops and more tokens (or heroic tokens that let you buy new types of dungeon armor entirely – exotic of course). They can’t really reward equipment with better stats for hard content in this game because the manifesto bible thumpers start to rage.

I’m even fine with the living story content, I have fun with some of it. But I thought the plan was to develop the living story while also improving or adding to existing dungeons. It seems most resources have been moved to the living story however.

There have been hints that there are upcoming changes. The leaked trait changes (while it seems some things will be nerfed, I’m hopeful that this will open more viable build options and improve balance between the class). The hints for upcoming additions to fractals. These give me hope.

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Some nice new armor sets (coming, of course, from new permament dungeons which deserve that designation …) would be nice. I’ve been running around in the CoE armor since October or November since most of the other armor sets look like crap and nothing new got into the game. If you ask me, they should toss all the unliving story bullkitten into a big waste bin and finally start adding content that deserves its name.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

There’s rumors that they are doing a big reward overhaul somewhere this summer and Colin has said there is a team working on making extra Fractals.

I’m pretty jaded with how they’ve treated their dungeon community for a while now, but I’ve gotten a little bit of faith.

I might be sorely disappointed though, we’ll see.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I believe it when I see it. Until then, I stick to the wise words Relic gave to the librarian in Dawn of War:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There’s rumors that they are doing a big reward overhaul somewhere this summer and Colin has said there is a team working on making extra Fractals.

I’m pretty jaded with how they’ve treated their dungeon community for a while now, but I’ve gotten a little bit of faith.

I might be sorely disappointed though, we’ll see.

They may just treat us like the ranger community.

‘Yeh guys! big patch comming! loads of stuff for you!!!’
-patch hits-
‘Underwater weapon skill buffs. Enjoy!’

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

You forgot the longbow buff.

Yeah, I want new progression too. Instead of smaller living story updates, I’d rather expected a new continent (Cantha, Elona, or something in Tyria, since the map has to reveal so much more than until now) or additinal zones as an expansion with new profession, race, skills, 10 levels to go (till 90 or so). Hope this comes next year.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

New Dungeons/Armor

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

What a great way to get lost players back. Add a lot of content but make sure to get rid of it all so people that’s been away for a while can’t do them! <.<

Also all those new SKINS are all nice, how about some STAT progression, some sence of going somehwre? It’s not there. It was there at first but then poff, gone, the void now being filled with living story and RNG kitten which to me means nothing. Sure I could come back get some sweet kitten skins for my character with no effort at all to do so but then what? What then???!!! NOTHING! Absolutely jack kitten. You don’t progress in this game, that’s forbidden.

It never really was there, they implemented Ascended gear, but received hate for it as well. Besides. Didn’t you quite? What are you still doing here? Invest the time you’re hating here into playing a game you enjoy.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!