New Fractal Scammer Group

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mexeroser.9083

mexeroser.9083

Yes, it happened again to me and my friend, we got kicked out of fractals today (we were in the third one, so its not that much of a deal, however i dont want that this remains unnoticed).

After getting kicked, I whispered them and they accused us of spamming offensive stuff in chat and so on (to be honest thats exactly what they did throughout the whole run but… ok)
Theres not much more to say, just posting it here so that these people do not continue to do what they did. I left a screenshot where you can see one of them whispering me in a very cheeky way, even admitting kind of that he kicked us.
The guild name was Wyrldfell if i remember correctly, so watch out if you run a dungeon with them.

Attachments:

Semper Dius [Dius]
Elementalist, Guardian

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I would black out the names in that pic as your not allowed to broadcast it mate

mexeroser.9083

Okay will do that

Semper Dius [Dius]
Elementalist, Guardian

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Okay will do that

Nice now it wont get locked down becouse of rule breaking

I dont like were this game is going with the lfg
if you suffered through over 1 fractal with a person without kicking, you shouldent be able to remove them if not.
They are offline, clearly havent moved for 10 mins or not inside the fractal/dungeon with you.

they should just up the kick voting to 4 so if you have atleast 1 friend with you dungeon grefing shouldent happen ( if your below 5 people tough luck you cant kick and you shouldent since you want a full group dont you )

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I’ve ceased to purchase anything via LFG.
Am bored of those scammers honestly.
It’ll certainly hit fair sellers, because many do stop buying dungeon paths.

Not sure what Anet does with them.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Simple. Upon joining the group make sure they are not from the same guild. That’s half of the battle.

mexeroser.9083

Simple. Upon joining the group make sure they are not from the same guild. That’s half of the battle.

Thats what I would do but most of the time not everyone represents, if they are not dumb.

Besides that, I actually posted all this that someone can go after them, I mean, I have a clear evidence and they even laughed at me in chat when I told them that they won’t get away without any consequences. This has to stop, and eliminating those who are abusing the system is the first step to fight scammers.

Semper Dius [Dius]
Elementalist, Guardian

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

In 1.5 years of fractal run I too got kicked twice from guild group at the beginning of the 4th fractal so they can invite their guildmate for the daily reward. I did the same thing like everyone else, open a support ticket with screenshots but all i got was a sympathy letter from the support stuff telling me he feel sorry for what I had experienced and they will try to improve their lfg system in the future. And that was it, nothing was done.

I learned my lesson, avoid guild group unless you know them and I doubt anyone will get suspend/ban from your case. Random PUG is always better than guild group doesn’t matter how good/organized they are. Like Oxidia suggested, avoid them from now on!

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

But! I run fractals with two of my buddyes and none of us are in the same guild. We could easily kick people. But as decent human beings, we don’t. Also if you can, run with 2 buddyes it is kind of anti kick insurance.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

REPORT THEM FOR LFG SYSTEM ABUSE

That’s the very first step.

It happens to me all the time when I lfg for fractals, you go all the way through it to the final boss and suddenly you get booted.

You whisper them and ask them ’What’s up?’ they lie and say they got booted to. So what do you do? You friend them and see that they’re still in the fractal.

Report all of them and be done with it all. Tell them too and let them worry.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

REPORT THEM FOR LFG SYSTEM ABUSE

That’s the very first step.

It happens to me all the time when I lfg for fractals, you go all the way through it to the final boss and suddenly you get booted.

You whisper them and ask them ’What’s up?’ they lie and say they got booted to. So what do you do? You friend them and see that they’re still in the fractal.

Report all of them and be done with it all. Tell them too and let them worry.

This doesn’t do kitten.

I joined a 19@shaman group awhile back (2+ weeks now?), and was booted after carrying them through the encounter and up to the molten firestorm on the boss fractal. Why? Because I didn’t agree to pay them money to stay in the group (gold demanded when duo encounter was starting). Mostly just to see if ANET might have potentially done anything. I haven’t seen any interruption in play that would indicate even a 24h suspension for these people. I did whisper them about it, saying I was going to report for LFG abuse. They thought it was extremely funny. I’d imagine they’ve been in that exact same situation before, and ANET still hasn’t done anything.

Unless you find lack of action on ANET’s part amusing, there is literally no reason to ever report for LFG abuse.

Support tickets for when your instances stolen are demonstrably more successful. Sometimes, appropriate action is taken (sometimes, with certainty, sometimes you just hope). And sometimes, you apparently get a response about WvW issues in response to something about PvE, Dungeons, and Scamming by other players. 50% of the reason to report is possible justice. The other 50% is to see how nonsensical of a response you might get.

mexeroser.9083

Yeah…. All this… it is ridiculous…. All the people confirming how absolutely NOTHING is happening. Makes me wanna cry or stop playing this game.
The community is just getting worse in this case. I do not understand how not a single person can work on this… maybe there is someone but we just do not notice it, however:
Why introduce a lfg-system when its being abused that much, why not fixing the kick system? Why is all of this taking so long? Same problems over 2 years now! It seems like such an easy change, just a change of numbers and I am pretty sure 90% of the community would agree on this! I love this game and I do not even PvE that much but all this is just terrible.

Semper Dius [Dius]
Elementalist, Guardian