New Fractal and current level reshuffle

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DonTonberry.4025

DonTonberry.4025

Q:

So as we all know, fractals are tied to fractal level now (77 is always Mossman Swamp Fractal etc.). With a new Fractal incoming, will the entire order of Fractals move around, or will they be replacing spots held by maps that occur multiple times in a given tier (eg Volcanic, which occurs three times in Tier 3)?

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

atm i would expect them to be switching out fractals which are currently duplicates within a tier with the new fractal

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

atm i would expect them to be switching out fractals which are currently duplicates within a tier with the new fractal

They’ll likely keep doing that until we get to the point of 25 unique fractals with 4 difficulty scales each (every 25 levels like Mai Trin).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since we’re only getting one new fractal, we’d be up to 15 — I’m sure they’ll just reshuffle. Some, like Mai Trin, will only appear in the higher levels. Some, like Aquatic, will appear more in the lower tiers.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Since we’re only getting one new fractal, we’d be up to 15 — I’m sure they’ll just reshuffle. Some, like Mai Trin, will only appear in the higher levels. Some, like Aquatic, will appear more in the lower tiers.

Why would Mai Trin be reshuffled at all? Its arguably the best placed fractal in that it has only 1 in each tier, whereas other fractals sometimes have 3 or 4 in a single tier. Hopefully though by the end of the year we end up with more than 1 new fractal

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

if they reshuffled like that then you wouldent be able to do t4 and get all the loot boxes with only 3 fractals anymore.
So I dubt that will be a think mate.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

if they reshuffled like that then you wouldent be able to do t4 and get all the loot boxes with only 3 fractals anymore.

I apologize, I explained it poorly. I wasn’t making a specific suggestion; I was describing why it would be easy enough for ANet to reshuffle. And of course, any reshuffling will still allow a single T4 to count for all four tiers.

Let me try this again.
In the current setup, Mai Trin is only available four times: at the top level of each tier. In contrast, right now, Aquatic is available six times, twice in tier 1 and twice in tier 2.

To make room for a 15th fractal, they would, for example remove the duplicate aquatics. Thus, aquatic would always be a lower-level version for each tier (3, 26, 61, 76) — or they could change it to be consistently the first level for each tier (1, 26, 51, 76).

By just removing duplicate levels for various fractals, there’s room for 25 unique instances without changing the current structure, including the ability to get four chests for completing a single T4 instance.

Linken.6345

I apologize, I explained it poorly. I wasn’t making a specific suggestion; I was describing why it would be easy enough for ANet to reshuffle. And of course, any reshuffling will still allow a single T4 to count for all four tiers.

Let me try this again.
In the current setup, Mai Trin is only available four times: at the top level of each tier. In contrast, right now, Aquatic is available six times, twice in tier 1 and twice in tier 2.

To make room for a 15th fractal, they would, for example remove the duplicate aquatics. Thus, aquatic would always be a lower-level version for each tier (3, 26, 61, 76) — or they could change it to be consistently the first level for each tier (1, 26, 51, 76).

By just removing duplicate levels for various fractals, there’s room for 25 unique instances without changing the current structure, including the ability to get four chests for completing a single T4 instance.

Ah yea that make it alot clearer sounded like you wanted mai trin to only be t4 maybe t3 and that sounded bad but now when you spelled it out you meant higher up in each tier.

OriOri.8724

Let me try this again.

Oh ok, that’s pretty much how I view it. We could easily have 25 unique fractals that fit in the current tier system.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I was wondering about this to.

They also have to be careful though, as thier are lots of collections now that are tied to fractals and tiers, as well as achievements.

Really looking forward to the new fractal though.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Let me try this again.

Oh ok, that’s pretty much how I view it. We could easily have 25 unique fractals that fit in the current tier system.

Some are different versions though, and various duplicates are easier than others, because of instabilities at certain levels. They need to be careful they don’t muck it up.

Also, somewhat selfishly, i just need a few more to finish off adept and expert, so hope they don’t alter that lol.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Linken.6345

Let me try this again.

Some are different versions though, and various duplicates are easier than others, because of instabilities at certain levels. They need to be careful they don’t muck it up.

Also, somewhat selfishly, i just need a few more to finish off adept and expert, so hope they don’t alter that lol.

They could fix that by putting in a mote to switch from dolpfin to darkness and door dredge to bomb for example.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Last time they shuffled, they gave a warning that the patch would end the previous versions of Initiate (1-20) & Adept (26-50) so I hope that they do so again, if they change the level requirements.

OriOri.8724

Let me try this again.

I see no problem in having the “harder” path be the one used in higher tiers. Say use the first path in tiers 1 and 3 and the second path in tiers 2 and 4. Its still essentially the same fractal, just with 1 part and sometimes 1 boss different. Or we could have a mote that allowed us to pick

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Isn’t the mote system what is already in place for the early phases of the Legendary backpiece achievement track? IIRC you have to activate the mote and go fight Mossman at <80% rather than Bloomhunger?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Isn’t the mote system what is already in place for the early phases of the Legendary backpiece achievement track? IIRC you have to activate the mote and go fight Mossman at <80% rather than Bloomhunger?

The reshuffle shouldn’t affect the motes much. Most of the listed fractal level requirements for those are minimum requirements.

OriOri.8724

You mean challenge motes? We are talking abotu adding a new mote that allows you to pick which patch

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I am very happy, because ANet will add PvP map and new Fractal- Chaos Isles Fractal and I would like to ask: will new levels add or will ANet stay with 100 level max?

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d guess stay at 100, but everyone will find out next week, or soon after. (Some of the gaming websites are getting an advance sneak peek at the content next week.)

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

oh, I did not know, thanks You!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”