New HoT FoTM FeedBack

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

First, what i liked:

Really doing the content, no more burning the mob in 2 minutes without it doing anything, you need to dodge and learn the animations, no more “dont kill target”, no more stack on the corner at aetherblade fractal, no more burning mobs so fast you don’t need to learn the fight, doing the actual strategies is awesome.

Now the stuff i don’t liked:

First: Please instead of fixing jadeMaw, change the fractal, its is not fun, it is not challenging, its boring and takes forever.

High tier fractals are taking forever by one of 3 possible reasons, tons of thoughness, or they did increase tons of the vitality or both.

If you increase tons of thoughness you will just change the meta for only condition damage, please dont do it.

Now about tons of vitality:
So they did change it because people did just burn evrything so fast no one did really know the content, OK, i understand that, but when ONE fractals stage takes 30 minutes you should really take a step back.

The solution in my opinion:

BTW the break bar is awesome, no more chain CC.

Get the old FoTm 50 mobs scaling, put it in FoTm 80~90, double the old bosses HP, make FoTm 90~100 the new real challenge (with the same old scaling, but further).

Condition damage is currently in a good position, if the fight takes +- 1 minute or more it has the same, or even more DPS than berserk, so no need to get TONS of toughness.
The double HP in the mobs will be enough to make people required to learn/do the actual strats without burning the mobs super fast.

If you guys really want to a FoTm 100 take 30~40 minutes, increase the rewards proportionally, currently its not even close of worth doing FoTm 100.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

You have some information wrong, they decreased Bosses HPs in all of Fractals. Fractals don’t take any longer than they used to. They are much faster in most cases.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

You have some information wrong, they decreased Bosses HPs in all of Fractals. Fractals don’t take any longer than they used to. They are much faster in most cases.

Have you even played Fractals since the update? The scaling is easier on beginners at lower levels, but 50+ the bosses have VASTLY VASTLY higher HP pools.

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Not true, past the 60 mark, the bosses have a stupidly large health pool, so much so that you honestly wonder why.

It’s not challenging, it’s just a time sink.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

No, no.
They don’t have that much more HP (though they probably have more than before starting at a certain point), they have that much more toughness. That’s a difference.
Sinister burns through them much faster than Berserker does, which is bullkitten. Except for the Underground Facility boss because conditions haven’t been fixed on it, so you’re kittened for that one anyway.

The reduced damage in correlation to the high toughness is just… dumb. Can’t put it differently. If I run scales around 80 and I manage to make Archdiviner hit for a measly 4k with his Leap, then I don’t know anymore.

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

No, no.
They don’t have that much more HP (though they probably have more than before starting at a certain point), they have that much more toughness. That’s a difference.
Sinister burns through them much faster than Berserker does, which is bullkitten. Except for the Underground Facility boss because conditions haven’t been fixed on it, so you’re kittened for that one anyway.

The reduced damage in correlation to the high toughness is just… dumb. Can’t put it differently. If I run scales around 80 and I manage to make Archdiviner hit for a measly 4k with his Leap, then I don’t know anymore.

archy @ 80 hits for 4k with his leap?
Did I read that right?
O.o

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

No, no.

archy @ 80 hits for 4k with his leap?
Did I read that right?
O.o

Yes, that being said I had the defensive potion running + outlaw slaying potion and I’m not entirely sure if Prot was applied on me (I think we lacked that) and if Weakness was applied on Archie. But even if you remove all this, you’re looking at less damage than before, considering he was able to pretty much oneshot my Warrior back then when running a slaying potion

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Not sure how weakness works with new defiance. just yet. Though I should look into that.

Still sounds like he hits for around 6k if it wasn’t a glancing hit though. geez.. I’m losing the motivation to finish getting to 100 pretty quickly.

Unfortunately this is what I expect raids to be like too, albeit with enrage timer.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The main thing I don’t like is that all of it is just another iteration of the same content with different rewards. None of it got any more interesting to play, and it’s all compounded with systems that complicate things without adding to gameplay in the slightest. (Like the encryptions and encryption keys, it’s all just juggling resources, not interesting at all.)

New HoT FoTM FeedBack

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

“New” FoTM is terribly boring. Arenanet tried to force people to change from Dungeons to fractals, effectively killing variety without giving us anything new. (and before some Reddit Defense Force player comes along and says “Raids will be new”, they will also be gated to once a week. What do you do in the other 6 days?)
Every encounter at 50+ feels the same, no.. they feel more boring. Bosses are damage sponges, Instabilities that make you deal less damage (Remove boons on dodge, for example), bosses hit like wet noodles..
Where exactly is the “increased challenge at the top end of things” the blog promised us?
Where is Mossman’s Dancing Axe oneshotting you if you don’t dodge it, where is Mai Trin’s static shot having a guarantee to kill you, her volley oneshotting you?
Where are the things that get your adrenaline pumping and make you feel like the King of the World for a few minutes after beating it?
Everything is boring and bland.

Torn about the new Break Bar, too. It’s “great” you can’t chain CC (but honestly, when was chain CC ever a thing in Fractals), but it’s horrible that you can’t cripple or chill any boss anymore. Kiting and playing around chilled cooldowns was both fun and rewarded more skillful gameplay.
What do you do now if you want a challenge? Before, I could do a couple of FoTM 50 duos a day, even get rewarded from selling them. But actually have fun because the content wasn’t as faceroll and you needed strats.
Now, that’s.. cancer. You can do select ones, but not all. How would you duo Grawl without being able to chill his bubble?

Again, Arenanet promised many things. Were they delivered? Nah. It’s basically Fractured 0.91.

Has anyone spotted the leaderboards yet?