New Raid Wing Question

New Raid Wing Question

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Q:

The new raid wing is released today. The first raid, to me, was a bit of a disappointment as I am someone who enjoys versatility in builds and groups. I played GW1’s “elite end-game” content enough to turn me off from heavy restrictions.

To make this super short, is this new raid wing a lot more accommodating to builds or is it still heavily non-inclusive like the first one?

Keep it on topic peoples, I just want a simple answer – egos not necessary here.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The first raid was exclusive how ?

Also asking for a simple answer when you put your own opinion into things to stir the pot, probably wont get you a decent answer.

Short and sweet of it is, everything has a meta. No the meta is not the only way of completing the content. However, if all you look to do is pug, expect to run a meta build of some variety as people are going to be stricter than if you had formed your own group and composition.

New Raid Wing Question

weskay.9217

Except you cannot run anything but the meta for the entirety of the first raid. Gorseval is on a mandatory timer (unlike the Vale Guardian). You have to beat it in the specified time or you will not make it through. Thus, making any builds that are even moderately more on the defensive or support spectrum obsolete based on a game that initially boasted its “play how you want” notion. So I’m wondering if this new raid, unlike the first, follows this original idea or if it is just a repeat of the previous raid wing.

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Seems like you’ve already made up your mind and have an answer to your question.

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

the new wing seems punishing to glass builds now with the way the aggro now works

New Raid Wing Question

weskay.9217

Seems like you’ve already made up your mind and have an answer to your question.

Quite the contrary.

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

If by “versitilty of builds and group” you mean “will I need to understand the encounter and build appropriately, maybe even using traits and skills I haven’t before,” then the answer is yes.

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

"""Also, to be noted – We’ve used 9 unique professions, 2 without Elite Specializations. So you can be dank with anything you play.""""

quoted from one of the members of the first full clear.

If by “versitilty of builds and group” you mean “will I need to understand the encounter and build appropriately, maybe even using traits and skills I haven’t before,” then the answer is yes.

pretty much this.

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

So I can bring my WvW gear to wing 2 raids?

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

So I can bring my WvW gear to wing 2 raids?

gear does not equal build

this is a special operations excursion. Not a siege, If you feel your skill and ability needs to be padded by the fluffy pillow that is your mist war armour. that sounds like a personal thing.

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Except you cannot run anything but the meta for the entirety of the first raid. Gorseval is on a mandatory timer (unlike the Vale Guardian). You have to beat it in the specified time or you will not make it through. Thus, making any builds that are even moderately more on the defensive or support spectrum obsolete based on a game that initially boasted its “play how you want” notion. So I’m wondering if this new raid, unlike the first, follows this original idea or if it is just a repeat of the previous raid wing.

Ok that’s weird because in the reality you have all of those videos. If you are right, they must be fake.

8-man : Warrior, DH, 3x Tempest, 1 Chrono, 2 x Druids

2x Warrior, 2 x Condi Druid, Thief, 2x Tempest, Chrono, Herald

6-man : Warrior, DH, Druid, 2 Tempest, Chrono

10 Tempest

7-man : PS Warrior, Condi Warrior, 3x DH, 1 Druid, 1 Tempest

2 Warrior, DH, Herald, Thief, Druid, Engie, Tempest, Chrono, Reaper

What were you saying? Oh ya : Except you cannot run ’’*anything*’’ but the meta for the entirety of the first raid.

Look, there is a lot of different thing that work in raid. Sure enough pug can be stupid and only accept what they think is good, without really knowing what they talking about. For exemple, all pug were kicking DH like crazy, 1 week later everybody wanted DH even if got no buff whatsoever. Or look at Condi Warrior. One group used one in a 7-man No updraft Gorseval, so he obviously have enough dps for the task. Will people accept it in pug? Nope. But that’s because most pug want the absolute best they think they can have, it’s just human nature.

More balance is always good. I would want that all profession could have a good direct damage and condi damage build for raid. I would want to be able to bring something else than a Druid and an Elementalist as a healer. There is still work to do about that.

I would also love to see a personnal dps meter in-game so more people can prove that their build are good. Right now, there is no information about what is the actual dps of a condi warrior for example. It’s less than before, some people say it’s gargabe, some people say it’s decent. With a reliable personnal dps, I would be able to look by myself what is true.

But to say, that there is just one meta and it’s ’’IMPOSSIBLE’’ to complete the raid with something else is just stupid. Especially at VG. You can bring just about anything there.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

There is always a meta

Variants also work

Question answered in 8 words, god bless.

very special guild tag [tX]

New Raid Wing Question

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

This sums it up nicely.

I mean, I just want to play the game how I want. I want to only ever use my 5 skill. And I only want to use one specialization, not three. That is just how I want to play. How dare they make content that doesn’t let me play how I want.