New Raids and Classes to run em with

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, I think I have a feeling as to where ANET is heading with PoF and raid builds. From the checking of the “new” elites Spellbreaker looks pretty much pure power as I didn’t see a single condi trait in the build, but dagger does have some nice might gen so maybe? Firebrand and Renegade look to be the new kids on the block in terms of condi heavy armor class, and they bring some might gen and alac as well.
I didn’t really get into the others as I tend to play heavy armor classes mostly (or have been, who knows?) but from the talk around Mesmer and Ele will be dps and Engi as well?
But then the trend I did see and really felt this week raiding is us being responsible for our own boons. No longer will Mesmers have to be solely the “boon bot”, they may actually be able to do some decent dps?
Again, all of this is purely my opinion based on what I read about all the new elites. I really was hoping that Spellbreaker would be great for raids but its starting to not look that way. But that’s ok if something like Guard or Rev can step up to the plate in terms of condi and such. Guard looks to be the frontrunner with more burns and bleeds but you never can tell. Then again is condi going to be a thing with the new raids? Who knows? And it will be fun to see how these new builds play out in our current raids.
Granted, I could be completely off base here and we really wont know until PoF drops and we all get stuck in and play it. Still, its fun to guess and speculate and theroycraft and all, just as long as no one takes me serious, its ALL subject to change and final release…and then change again…lol.
Each class bringing more to the table than just dps or boons might be heaps of fun and a new challenge for us all!

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

But then the trend I did see and really felt this week raiding is us being responsible for our own boons.

I don’t see that happening at all. There will be some more flexibility for the means of boon generation, but I’m 100% sure that we will still have certain classes who are responsible for might/quickness for the whole group.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Joxer.6024

But then the trend I did see and really felt this week raiding is us being responsible for our own boons.

I don’t see that happening at all. There will be some more flexibility for the means of boon generation, but I’m 100% sure that we will still have certain classes who are responsible for might/quickness for the whole group.

You reckon they will still try and keep it group wide and such? If that’s the case then would be nice to see all boons/buffs be able to go to 10 people. But you touched on a point I missed and was trying to make, the means of which we generate the boons, that “feels” like it being whittled down to be your own responsibility. Take condi duration for example…..I know have to try and get 100% on my own whereas before Chronos helped heaps.
But what I think I am really bummed about is the new Warrior elite not looking like it will be any good for raids in terms of bringing decent condi dps. Again, way to soon to say for sure and all but man it really is looking that way. Now I am all in if we are still in it as the might bots and such, and with maybe daggers adding to that, that would be sweet!

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

From the design of fiebrand it’s obvious that quickness stays a group-wide thing. With regard to warrior, kitten happens. It’s hardly a surprise that not all specs are designed for all game modes and I guess the new elite is simply a PvP spec.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Near.7439

Near.7439

What role do you guys think the Weaver will play? I keep hearing the word “Bruiser” but I don’t know if that means it has just enough defense to stay in the front line and take that high risk/high reward dps role or if it’s just another PvP oriented spec.

Joxer.6024

What role do you guys think the Weaver will play? I keep hearing the word “Bruiser” but I don’t know if that means it has just enough defense to stay in the front line and take that high risk/high reward dps role or if it’s just another PvP oriented spec.

Gut feeling and going off what ANET has done in past its most likely to be a big hitting dps build again. Not sure about its pvp slot but it looks to be a beast for pve…again. :P

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

>Implying mesmers don’t already do decent dps?

Do you even pay attention to balance patches? Both power and condi mesmer do competative dps now, and are better than say, power reaper.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Bruiser is decent damage, decent tankiness. Front to midline. Relatively low risk, harder time being caught out and blown up.

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Spellbreaker is gonna come down to how much damage the dagger auto does

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend